The Hartford Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 1876 reviews

3.7
The Hartford CEO Christopher Swift
Christopher Swift
Pros
  • "Some added benefits of working at The Hartford include the work/life balance(in 191 reviews)

• "They have remote if you lucky to work from home that is a option(in 120 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work/life balance can be hard on occasion(in 94 reviews)

• "If you are customer-facing just assume that you are going to be treated like a sweatshop call center employee(in 55 reviews)

1. "Service delivery analyst"

I worked at The Hartford part-time

Pros

Identify automation opportunities by: Review of functional processes, discussions with Operations teams and review of industry trend and standards.

Cons

Gather in-function and cross functional management support for projects is not working in the industry.

Advice to Management

Ensure adherence to delivery timelines and software quality

The Hartford2016-07-29
  2. "Oracle Developer"

I worked at The Hartford full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company to work for. Flexible working. Ability to contribute to change in the team. Good bonuses and pay rises.

Cons

Seemed to be a lot of promoting to senior management of internal staff that were there the longest and were "yes" men rather than the most qualified.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing. Look at hiring for senior roles outside of the organisation rather than just hire those that are willing to agree with the loudest voice

The Hartford2015-04-13
  3. "The hartford is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Claims Consultant in London, England

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Supportive development, great opportunities, great company

Cons

Dental health care would be good

The Hartford2013-03-08
  4. "Productive and collaborative"

Current Employee - Claims Technician in Plantation, FL

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great compensation benefits and discounts

Cons

High production environment, pay could be more

Advice to Management

Align employees to roles who identify with the appropriate experience and skill

The Hartford2019-07-22
  5. "Great company culture, rocky sales organization"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. The Culture. The people are great. The company spends a lot of time, energy and resources cultivating an inclusive and fun environment. They do this through ERGs, volunteer opportunities, company outings and department contests. 2. The Training, both new hire and ongoing. Again, The Hartford puts a lot of effort into making sure their employees are informed about changes in company policy, underwriting guidelines,...

Cons

1. The compensation plan. Oooh, the compensation plan... In just one year, Personal Lines Sales has changed their compensation structure 4 times. The first compensation plan was a joke. You had to sell 60-70 policies before you were even eligible for commission, and then the commission could barely cover an electric bill. Then the second comp plan came out, and it was mildly better, as it focused on efficiency over volume....

Advice to Management

I will not believe your desire to become a sales organization until you stop looking for ways to pay your sales people less.

The Hartford2019-07-22

"Still a Great Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I returned to the Hartford recently and am so glad that I did. I felt engaged and valued from day 1.

Cons

Not company specific, but health insurance has totally gotten out of control.

The Hartford2019-07-15
    • "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at The Hartford full-time

Pros

Been here for 18+ years. The people are what make our company a great place to work. You are not just a number. Great benefits and 401K plans.

Cons

Since I am a remote worker, sometimes you miss being in an office and seeing people. But we do use Skype and all have cameras, so you at least get to see folks when attending meetings and huddles!

The Hartford2019-07-17

"Great company / poor computer software / very little bonus for hard long sales."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

Happy work environment with nice people. Integrity selling. 401k match. I give the company 4 stars because it’s a good product and service from a consumer perspective.

Cons

Push to sell on first contact with old people clients. Ancient software/ software issues. Extremely long calls to bind simple policies. Terrible bonus structure. Anything that could be done easily here is made difficult. Pay is not rewarding for the job. This Information is coming from a top performer with good attendance. The company is hogging up all the potential bonus for themselves. Pay the people well who sell and...

Advice to Management

Pay bonus to existing reps instead of paying to hire new people when we quit. Get a profit share or some type of reward for binding these long policies. No middle man bonus. Only top 10% make all the bonus. Stop making excuses as to how and why your SIP program is working when it isn’t.

The Hartford2019-07-11
      • "Excellent career growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Hartford, CT

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Great career growth opportunity * Fantastic compensation with both yearly bonuses and long-term incentives * Generous 401(k) match * Solid ethics and corporate sustainability

Cons

* Commuting into the City of Hartford is a challenge. The city doesn't plow its roads, for example, and there are frequently traffic snarls compared with commuting to a corporate campus in a suburban setting on the outskirts of Hartford.

The Hartford2019-07-10
      • "Amazing Company That Cares!"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Clinton, NY

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is very supportive of employee growth and development, providing employees with many career opportunities. The company is focused on employee engagement, work-life balance, and takes community involvement seriously.

Cons

Same as with any company, there can be a lot of change sometimes, but it's all a part of providing the most advanced products and services to customers.

The Hartford2019-07-10