The Hartford Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 133 of over 2,721 reviews

4.0
The Hartford CEO Christopher Swift
Christopher Swift
1,086 Ratings
Pros
  • "great work life balance and good mentorship(in 228 reviews)

• "Work schedules and work from home is very flexible(in 134 reviews)

• Cons
  • "For claims, work-life balance is always a constant struggle(in 111 reviews)

• "I felt like i was stuck in my current role and the upper management did not share my enthusiasm for growth(in 39 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Decent

Jan 5, 2021 - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is great

Cons

Busy days but not on fridays

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Company

Jan 4, 2021 - Underwriter II in Lake Mary, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for, they are interested in helping you advance your career Great PTO time off Work from Home Opportunities

Cons

None that I can think of

3. What people are saying about The Hartford

Join the conversation on
      Join the conversation on
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good people, slow culture

Jan 14, 2021 - Product Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, pay, security, people, work from home

Cons

old fashioned, slow, not tech driven

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent pay and PTO. Very repetitive work and work process could be improved

Jan 13, 2021 - Long Term Disability Claim Manager in Lake Mary, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent for new grad/early career PTO is great and they match 401k to small % Room to grow in company Work from home

Cons

Work can be tedious and stressful Have to apply for WFH and it's only offered a few times per year

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Benefits, hit or miss opportunities

Jan 12, 2021 - Inside Property Adjuster III in Windsor, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

great corporate benefits, work from home opportunities and it feels that they are pushing limits on benefits that will improve the lives of many employees.

Cons

The company culture was not consistent with its written word. There is clearly pay discrepancies between men and women. Visionary employees were not always embraced and often management did not know what to do or how to support ambitious employees. Leaders were not trained on how to develop and invest in staff members to continue their growth.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Nothing but a number

Oct 5, 2020 - Sales Representative in Penn, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Able to work from home - Generous PTO - Employees were good quality people

Cons

- Micromanagement (you are literally glued to your desk for hours on end taking back to back calls and I can’t even step away and use the bathroom without someone demanding to know where I am, even if it’s only been 2 minutes) - High expectation of sales quotas the majority of quote prices are $1,000’s+ what people pay yet they expect you to sell a minimum of 57 policies a month. I would track my calls every day and some days I only had 4 calls to work with and would sell 2-3 of those calls. What more could I do? - Being fired in the middle of a pandemic due to not meeting sales goals is a low blow. Most people calling in were needing to save money just like everyone else due to not working or just trying to lower their costs. But Hartford gives such crazy premiums or declines everything under the sun it makes it hard to sell. But losing my job in the middle of this is just crazy to me I dedicated 7 years of my life to this company and they just let me go as just a number. - Sales metrics they literally have 10 metrics you need to meet and follow that just revolve around what your selling and how much. Just too much to keep track each day. You go in do the best you can with what calls you have to work with and go home. I have no control over what calls I get, the premiums or people’s choices. But yet Hartford stresses to focus on things within your control but in reality majority of the job is not in my control.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good company

Aug 24, 2020 - Programmer Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home set up.

Cons

Bad work life balance .

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Its Just Okay

Sep 2, 2020 - Sales Associate in Penn, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company and its work from home

Cons

Commissions is low and they ding you for everything. As one reviewer put it, you're not a sales agent but a strict underwriter

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

First stepping stone, but nothing more.

Sep 18, 2020 - Senior Data Scientist in Hartford, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Downtown headquarters give access to restaurants and things to do after work. Some flexibility to work from home (telework). After you quit, you will feel liberated! :)

Cons

No work/life balance, most work 10-12 hours a day. Little opportunity for personal development. 'You are as good as your last project' kind of culture. Very aggressive project timelines with no sufficient resources (people, servers). Very little opportunity for career advancement.

4 people found this review helpful
    11. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Crazy production goals

May 29, 2020 - Senior Premium Auditor in Hartford, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. No boss underfoot

Cons

They want you do to 650 audits a year . Not bad if they were small to medium. Have a dozen large accounts at a time that take 10 to 20 hours each. And that is a constant load. Would have to work 80 hrs a week to make their production goal. And the quality reviews are so picky . No raise in years. Leaving.

3 people found this review helpful