The Hershey Company RSM Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Michele Buck
  1. "RSM"

Current Employee - RSM in Columbia, SC

I have been working at The Hershey Company part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Powerful brand, great support, great culture, best part-time job ever.

Cons

Absolutely can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep the great culture and support going.

The Hershey Company2018-08-11

"The company has an incredible culture with great benefits."

Current Employee - RSM in Fort Worth, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Hershey Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's chocolate. Chocolate makes people smile.

Cons

Clarity in goals and constant changes in management due to promotions.

Advice to Management

Hold DSS's accountable to more than numbers.

The Hershey Company2018-05-31

"Weird Company Culture"

Former Employee - RSM

I worked at The Hershey Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent hourly wage, good mileage reimbursement

Cons

Management for the part time RSM positions are new managers-lots of emails, this position cannot be accomplished in the mandatory 20 hr per week work schedule-management style allows no questions, if you do ask them Watch Out - you'll be harassed from that time on!

Advice to Management

What type of management style is the company encouraging? I experienced no coaching, just management by intimidation. Promises for advice in working my area efficiently were never delivered.

The Hershey Company2017-12-29
  4. "Retail Sales Merchandiser (permanent part time)"

Former Employee - RSM in Houston, TX

I worked at The Hershey Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, great part time job M-H from 9-2. Wonderful position to take ownership of your territory and help Hershey grow!

Cons

Not possible to move to Full time from Permanent Part Time

The Hershey Company2017-10-26

"Horrible Manager"

Former Employee - RSM

I worked at The Hershey Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great brands. Everybody loves Hershey products.

Cons

Sale Supervisors are short on real world experience and long on know-it-all-attitudes. The so called Core Values exist only on paper. The only thing managers care about is their next promotion. There is little to no customer service and you are out of luck with any problems your customers have. Actually your biggest problem can be a horrible manager.

Advice to Management

Back to the basics. Sales Supervisors and District Managers get to interpret company policies any way they want and no matter how wrong or even illegal, the Company will always back them up. The only thing my Supervisor ever managed before becoming a Supervisor was a sorority social.

The Hershey Company2017-09-14

"I left Hershey because my values and morals were compromised to accomplish my responsibilities."

Former Employee - RSM in San Diego, CA

I worked at The Hershey Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

They provide 401K and paid vacation

Cons

I read the review from Atlanta Georgia and my experiences were almost verbateum, the same. I worked with two DSS ( direct manager) in my short time, just over 2 years, both young aggressive and arrogant. They build you up with complete nonsense only for you to learn the little pride you earned was a joke! The management swore that they had done my job, yet it was obvious they had not. They spun stories, processes... and information about accounts, contracts and products. NOTHING is as they say! I am a people person with over 30 years of sales, marketing, account management and customer service in various industries. i build relationships with my word, my name, my face and integrity. I am strong in accountability and loyalty to my customers. You dont have that control in this position. I was misled, patronized and shot down if I had concerns. I was encouraged to make changes in my accounts without the accounts knowing. You are expected to receive, inventory and store a huge amount of merchandising items, signage, racks, promo items, samples etc. Huge space issue for my family. the incentives are few and far between. The annual merit raises are based on factors you have NO control over. Reports are only shared in a group rating you have no idea what you are accomplishing as an individual, nothing is accurate. Numbers are given with no proof and if you question them, you dont get direct answers. It's all spun. The managers are working on their next promotion, they want to look good and they will tell you what they need to. They are drinking too much corporate kool aid, no longer thinking for themselves. Hershey is not as important to the convenience stores as they tell you. These small store owners work hard and invest time and money to stay on top of their business, I respected that and kept trusted relationships as a rep, I cleaned up a lot of mess from accounts being oversold. The processes don't make sense, they aren't logical. It doesn't matter. Its as if this position exsists only to move management through their promotions. The waste of time, money, products and materials is crazy!

Advice to Management

You are desperately playing hard ball and loosing respect and loyalty!

The Hershey Company2017-08-27

"Human Resources Ignores California Final Pay Laws"

RSM in San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Hershey Company

Pros

Milton Hershey School; street lamps in Hershey Pennsylvania.

Cons

The Human Resources department completely ignores the California Labor Commission’s request to resolve terminating employee’s final pay delay issues (California Labor Code 203). Their Human Resource’s department did not respond to my requests for timely final pay and waiting time penalties. They did not comply with the California Department of Labor's request for a conference to resolve the issue with the delay in... receiving my final pay thus generating waiting time penalties. I appeared at the conference and no one from Hershey’s HR (or Hershey’s) called, wrote, emailed or attended. Now there will be a hearing scheduled several months away and I again have to wait for this multi-billion dollar company to comply (or ignore once more) with California Labor Law. The Hershey’s HR Assistant I spoke with when I was trying to get my final pay check said they are aware there are delays with getting CA terminated employees their pay within the time frame legally prescribed and they’re looking into it. I did not file a retaliation/discrimination claim when I quit as I just wanted it over. However, since Hershey’s has ignored the California Labor Commission’s request and showed no respect for me, I will reconsider. Hershey’s needs to be aware that this type of laissez-faire attitude towards their employees will eventually cost them much more than just a few bucks in waiting time penalties.

Advice to Management

If an employee in CA quits, pay them on time, no excuses. And, if you don't, accept responsibility. Waiting period penalties should be automatically included in final pay. Hershey's is aware they have a problem getting CA terminated employees final checks to them within the prescribed time frame (by CA law). Management, is HR in charge here?

The Hershey Company2016-06-13

"RSM"

Current Employee - RSM in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at The Hershey Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, fun position, Great learning potential...Contests to help keep you motivated.

Cons

No advancement, must stay in position 1 year minimum to go no where. Supervisors don't always know what is going on, things change all the time and information isnt always passed on to you. current supervisor got promotion and everything fell apart. Dont give you all the information to do your job at one time, just give you pieces at a time,

Advice to Management

Others told me at my first RSM meeting that this position had no potential of advancement. They were told during their interviews, I was not. I was really upset. I had hoped to move up in this company.

The Hershey Company2014-07-25

"One of the best companies ever to work for."

Current Employee - RSM in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at The Hershey Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

They treat you as a person not a number. Awesome perks, assistance with training is above and beyond the normal.

Cons

Too much data to absorb with the alotted hours for this postion. Otherwise nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

Bigger bonuses :)

The Hershey Company2014-04-20
  10. "Hershey is a great company."

Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at The Hershey Company part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company knows what it is doing and has great products.

Cons

There is a lot of driving.

The Hershey Company2014-02-11