The Honest Company Reviews

Found 204 of over 215 reviews

3.8
The Honest Company CEO Nick Vlahos
Nick Vlahos
Pros
  • "The Honest Company highlights a clear set of values not only with their products but within their work environment(in 15 reviews)

• "Great benefits in terms of health care and what you have to pay for as well as super generous vacation plan(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Out of my division, no one is left that I started within less than a year(in 6 reviews)

• "Not a lot of room for growth for my position(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

107.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=The Honest Company~745391
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Where your voice is heard & development/ growth is important

Apr 20, 2021 - Annonymus Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Very engaged and collaborative work environment- even while remote *Company is full of intelligent, talented and passionate people *Leaders truly care about you, not just the work you do for the business *Established internal programs to foster learning, development and career growth *Your hard work is appreciated and recognized *Diverse and inclusive organization *A place for strong career growth- Leaders are invested in you

Cons

The company is growing quickly and it takes time to further establish programs and processes & streamline where it makes the most sense. I believe Honest will get there and it is only a matter of time.

The Honest Company Response

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write a review. We agree, we are so proud and grateful of our people and the culture we are shaping. Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion are key tenets of our culture, and our goal is to provide everyone with ample opportunities to grow personally, professionally and financially. We are currently going through cross-functional, highly visible improvement workshops aimed at streamlining processes, which we think will help set us up for success as we continue to grow. We are so glad you are enjoying your experience and appreciate your feedback.

2. 4.0

great company

Jan 4, 2022 - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

people are the best part

Cons

leadership always changing in every department

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Dec 14, 2021 - Cashier in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

:) :) :) Great job really like it

Cons

not a thing :) :)

4. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Nov 17, 2021 - Student in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work place and culture.

Cons

None come to mind that are deal-breakers.

The Honest Company Response

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time as part of the Honest team. Best of luck to you in the next phase of your career!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Potential to be a great company

Nov 7, 2021 - Creative in Playa Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is great. Time off is really flexible. People at the company are amazing.

Cons

Shifting calendar causing all teams to have to pivot from normal workflow to get a new product on shelf too quickly. Too much creative leadership from people who aren't creatively trained. Not enough empowerment from leadership down to designers to trust that they are the experts in their field.

The Honest Company Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at the Honest Company. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment that promotes a work life balance. We agree our passionate and talented employees truly make Honest a great place to work. We appreciate your constructive feedback regarding quick pivots in the business and leadership and will ensure steps are taken to improve these areas.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible Culture

Dec 6, 2021 - Marketing Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and cache of the brand.

Cons

Culture, pay, and celebrity founder who fancies herself as a Creative.

The Honest Company Response

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. We want all of our employees to have a positive, meaningful experience whether working in the office or from home. We evaluate our total rewards package routinely to stay a competitive employer in the market for top talent. We take your feedback seriously and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive, supportive, and holds everyone accountable. We wish you the very best and appreciate your time and work at Honest.

7. 4.0

Above average

Oct 24, 2021 - Social Media Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great benefits, beautiful office

Cons

very low pay for the company Lay offs. A lot of them

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Still dealing with PTSD from this place

Nov 27, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can’t think of any at this time.

Cons

Horrible place to work. Still dealing with trauma experienced during my time here. Toxic passive aggressive management, clients treat you like garbage.

1 person found this review helpful

The Honest Company Response

Thank you for your feedback. Your review is critical to us. Our senior leadership team is always looking to evaluate and improve leadership capabilities and employee engagement. We care about the satisfaction of our employees in the workplace and apologize that you felt a lack of leadership support while at Honest. We will take this into serious consideration as we look ahead and review experiences with customers and ensure supportive leadership. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

9. 4.0

Great Company

Sep 30, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative and inclusive company plus great benefits and perks

Cons

Covid 19 changed the landscape of the role I

The Honest Company Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take pride in offering competitive perks and benefits as a thank you to all employees for all their hard work. We are sorry the scope of your role changed due to the pandemic. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We feel confident in the hybrid model in-office schedule that our leaders are diligently working towards. We believe it will foster a collaborative working environment while also allowing some flexibility to employees.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture

Sep 28, 2021 - Quality Assurance Associate in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and is values oriented. Lots of focus on soft skills and highlighting employee strengths. Transparent with employees. Potential for off cycle promotions Nice office and office location. Open PTO Celebrity founder

Cons

One may wear many hats High turnover in some departments

The Honest Company Response

Thank you for sharing your experience working with us! We agree that Honest’s culture is unique and exceptionally positive because of its warm, welcoming and talented employees. We believe that our cross-functional and collaborative working style allows us to continue driving culture and company success. We look forward to seeing you grow with us and we thank you for being a part of the Honest family!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 204 Reviews