The Institution of Environmental Sciences Publications Officer Reviews

Updated Feb 4, 2020

Found 2 of over 9 reviews

5.0
The Institution of Environmental Sciences CEO Adam Donnan (no image)
Adam Donnan

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great first steps into environmental science communication

Feb 4, 2020 - Publications Officer in London, England, England
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Responsibility from day one with loads of opportunities to make the job your own. A small but focused team who were always willing to lend a hand or guide you through tasks if you need assistance. Support from staff, board members and members of the organisation. Great workplace atmosphere in the office and through the Council. You are able to be creative within the role as well as develop key professional skills. Opportunities to work outside your role and learn about other aspects of the organisation. I made some really close friends here and I only left the role as I was moving away.

Cons

Career progression opportunities are there but perhaps not as accessible or varied as in larger organisations. The nature of the work means you often work in peaks and troughs of workload.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to find your feet in the environmental sector, very friendly workplace

Nov 7, 2019 - Publications Officer in Norwich, England, England
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was given plenty of opportunity to grow over the months I worked at the IES. I was given responsibility immediately, with close support from other team members and the CEO. It is the friendliest place I have ever worked, and the close-knit team are a joy to work with. I gained a lot of confidence working and the IES and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as a welcoming and professional place to learn and develop. Your skills will grow quickly - the small team naturally means that sometimes you work outside your job description, which I personally found a pro rather than con. The only reason I left the company was because I moved out of London. Thank you for your support and friendship, IES!

Cons

- The small organisation does mean that it would be difficult to progress up the career ladder within the IES - Non-profit salaries

Continue reading