The LEGO Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
The LEGO Group Chief Executive Officer Niels B. Christiansen
Niels B. Christiansen
Pros
Cons
  • "Large corporation structure, long decision making(in 16 reviews)

• "LEGO isn’t converting their contractors to full time, so don’t hold your breath if you’re looking for a permanent position(in 15 reviews)

1. "Great company with immature IT"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The LEGO Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work/life balance. Great office environment Hiring is based on skill initially but you have to fit to the company culture more than anything. If you fit they'll get you up to speed. If you fit, you really fit.

Cons

Immature IT department that is very stuck in an old school IT/Customer style model. End users are not given much if any credit for their IT skills. People stay in the same role for very long periods of time and very often shift from their current department to another to move up.

The LEGO Group2019-11-25
  2. "Great brand, good people, lacks pace"

Former Employee - E-Commerce Manager in London, England

I worked at The LEGO Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great brand you live and breath, flexibility, great work life balance

Cons

Slow moving, slow processes

The LEGO Group2020-03-02
  3. "Amazing First Job Experience"

Former Employee - Multilingual Consumer Service Advisor in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I worked at The LEGO Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work experience, relaxed atmosphere,

Cons

Hard to work in other departments

The LEGO Group2020-02-03
  4. "Worst retail job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England

I worked at The LEGO Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some good people, not many

Cons

-misled into thinking will be transferred to permanent position -toxic work environment -store management doesn't care about employees -no flexibility, have to say full availability or they hire someone else

The LEGO Group2020-01-19
  5. "Crazy hours, mad management, rubbish pay"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England

I worked at The LEGO Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Working alongside some nice people -Free food and drink on some shifts -Good christmas presents / other perks

Cons

For opening the store was put on 15 days in a row, changing between very late and early shifts. When asking management about this I got a 'What can we do?' response. Bullying within management on early days of the store opening to try and get staff to work harder/quicker. Unpleasant attitude on the shop floor. Has 'values' that aren't actually stuck to.

The LEGO Group2020-01-13

"Fantastic culture - true values orientation & sense of purpose"

Current Employee - Vice President Supply Chain Operations in London, England

I have been working at The LEGO Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people - this is what makes the LEGO Group most special and what keeps me there Being family owned - allows the business to take a long term view Deep caring for employees What an amazing product portfolio - and we even get a staff discount

Cons

Sometimes we can be a bit slow to change

The LEGO Group2019-11-18

"Best company, best colleagues!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor

I have been working at The LEGO Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

A company that really cares for the employees and offers a lot of development options.

Cons

I can’t say anything negative about the company.

The LEGO Group2019-11-16
  8. "5 years and why I’m still with The LEGO Group..."

Current Employee - Senior Digital Marketing Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at The LEGO Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After 5 years I am still at The LEGO Group. This not because I am complacent or because nothing more attractive has come along. It’s a conscious choice to keep working for a brand with a mission that I truly believe in: to inspire and develop the builder’s of tomorrow. The company is still family owned and you feel that through the values and culture. We work hard, but we also play. Family life is celebrated and everything we do is with a “one team” mindset.

Cons

As with any large organisation, driving change can be slow. That doesn’t mean it can’t be done, but you need to work creatively and ultimately be comfortable with the fact things take longer that they would in a more agile set-up. There is also quite a lot of travel involved, which can be draining depending on your personal circumstances and preferences.

The LEGO Group2019-11-16
  9. "A fun, motivating and stimulating workplace developing the builders of tomorrow"

Current Employee - Head of Marketing UK/Ireland in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at The LEGO Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family owned Entrepreneurial Self-leadership People focus Great team spirit Fun environment Iconic brand

Cons

Our pay benchmark is absolutely fair and competitive benchmarked vs peer group but applicants whose sole focus is salary may not get what they are looking for. That said, the LEGO group offers so much more for its employees that I can HIGHLY recommend working at LEGO to everybody!

The LEGO Group2019-11-15
  10. "Best Company I have ever been part of."

Current Employee - Operations Director in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at The LEGO Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Like most companies, The LEGO Group has a vision, mission and values. Unlike any company I have worked for, they are all truly living in day to day life at The LEGO Group from the owners to right through the company. In addition, they have their four promises: People Promise, Play Promise, Partner Promise and Planet Promise. When we make decisions these are always at the route of the decision. From the personal development side of my career, they have encouraged my development from the outset and helped me through that development.

Cons

As in most large companies change can be slower than needed. However, we recognize that this has been a challenge and we are building our teams to be more agile in the ways we work.

The LEGO Group2019-11-15