The Loft Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 18 reviews

3.9
The Loft CEO Sylvie Prud’Homme   and  Dave Osborne
Sylvie Prud’Homme and Dave Osborne
  1. "good training, too quiet"

I worked at The Loft part-time

Pros

good training offered to upskill staff, I found this most beneficial. good team spirit as well. God tips which helped a lot.

Cons

The hourly rate wasn't very good, hours often cut through the week so you ended up short of money. ften called in at short notice and frowned upon if you couldn't make it.

The Loft2017-01-20
    • "Poor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at The Loft part-time

Pros

I enjoyed making women look and feel great and being able to be creative putting together outfits for them

Cons

The managers were unkind, I was told I would be hired for at least 10 hours a week (I was a student at the time) and I was never given more than 4 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Be more kind and understanding. Do not hire people if you do not need them. It should be more inclusive of new people.

The Loft2017-09-15
    • "Cocktail Waitresss"

Former Employee - Cocktail Waitress in Columbus, GA
      No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Loft part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very eclectic and very talented musicians frequented the upstairs recording studio! it is located in downtown Columbus, GA so you get a vey diverse clientele from hippie art university students and faculty to businessmen and military. It taught me to be flexible and accomodate. wide variety of customers.

Cons

The late night hours (until 4 am) did not fit well with my senior college hours. I am graduated with a free schedule currently.

Advice to Management

Cut the floor earlier so sections were larger and more money could be made!

The Loft2017-06-24
    • "Hostess"

I worked at The Loft

Pros

Great time, fun staff and environment, plus good foos

Cons

Busy in the summer, long hours

The Loft2017-02-28
    • "Great Company to Work for"

I have been working at The Loft for less than a year

Pros

Manager's care about your development

Cons

Customers can be difficult when making a return without a receipt.

The Loft2016-09-15
    • "Working at LOFT"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Loft

Pros

I really enjoy the discount and the people I work with. My manager works with our schedules and is very accommodating when time off is needed. As a student, this is a great place to work. I feel as if I know trending styles from working here.

Cons

It's all about getting people to sign up for the credit card and getting customers to spend money, which is why I frequently want to quit. I understand tender share and dollars per transaction, but the amount that it is drilled into us makes me sick. I received a good employee review; however, it was not as high as it could have been due to my inconsistencies with getting people to sign up for a credit card. The company...

Advice to Management

Provide coachable moments for other aspects of retail, don't harp on the credit card as much, be positive and encouraging to your associates. Your attitude and work ethic influences our attitudes and work ethics.

The Loft2016-08-16

"employee"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, MD

I have been working at The Loft

Pros

I love the work environment and the clients. I am very into fashion and clothing and have broaden my skills/ knowledge with fashion thanks to this job.

Cons

I have no cons for this job.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work ethic and high standards for the job its self and the employees

The Loft2016-03-17

"Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at The Loft part-time for more than a year

Pros

I really like working here. It is the best most satisfying job I've had. If you like being around positive upbeat people, helping people, fashion, and organizing, you will most likely enjoy working here. I really love this brand because it encourages women to be confident and to be themselves. I also love (most) of my coworkers and bosses. My boss I have currently is great. She always says hi with a big smile on her face...

Cons

The starting salary isn't that good, but it depends on your boss. I started at $9.50 as a sales associate over a year ago and have never received a raise. My coworkers who have worked at other locations other than mine have told me that employees get raises if the store does well but it is only a couple of cents. However, the new manager has been starting people at $10+, so it depends who hires you and how much you've...

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better. The more they earn, the more they will appreciate the job and do better work as well as be nicer to customers. Also, verbal positive reinforcement makes a huge difference. Employees want to feel appreciated and want to know that you are watching.

The Loft2015-10-19

"Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chestnut Hill, MA

I worked at The Loft part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent promotion on work relationships and a brand that caters to the comfy yet stylish woman. Met some very nice young ladies while I worked here. Discount on clothes is great too! Flexible hours.

Cons

Change in management directed me to resign. Work was no longer fun to come to and the new store manger was quite rude. The register system could use some updates for transactions to go smoother. Need more staff to cover fitting room adequately to ensure loss prevention.

Advice to Management

Important not to micro manage. When you are stressed everyone can feel it and you set the tone for the day. Don't talk about customers negatively especially when they can hear you. Senior management was non existent.

The Loft2015-09-20
    • "The loft"

I worked at The Loft full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, fun gals and good discount on clothing and great chance to stock the closet with cardigans.

Cons

Holiday craziness - but all retail sees this. A few team members were better to work with than others but overall management team was great

Advice to Management

You should try to be transparent. Keep and reward good team members, don't overwork them. It can be tiring working with the same slackers

The Loft2015-07-20