The Trade Desk Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 150 reviews

3.8
The Trade Desk CEO Jeff Green
Jeff Green
Pros
  • "The Trade Desk is an outstanding company(in 23 reviews)

• "From a cultural standpoint, the people who work at TTD are outstanding & have already made me feel at home(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes there can be a lack of work-life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "I've had several jobs prior to TTD which have provided me with perspective on each of the aforementioned topics(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great stuff"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in London, England

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Passionate team of high performing people + Solid, collaborative culture + Great business model + Offices all over the world

Cons

- Can be tough to manage lots of time zones (not much can be done about that)..

The Trade Desk2019-02-11
  2. "Best job I ever had"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Challenging, rewarding and technical. I said during the interview process that I wanted my brain to hurt because I thought too much... well I'm not disappointed!

Cons

The company is growing fast, need to keep an eye on staying as human as we are.

The Trade Desk2019-07-17

"Good on surface"

Current Employee - Business Team in London, England

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time

Pros

Great product which makes backing up claims easy as it actually works. Some really great people within the company. The CEO and a number of the C suite are genuinely nice people. Huge growth potential.

Cons

Delivery of feedback is really poor. Sometime feedback is given because thats what a manager was told to do on managers training. There are very clear favourites within the company with opportunities being disproportionately given. The company talks a lot about culture but culture exists for the core few and not so much for everyone. Teams can be cliquey with people who have been at the company for a few years.

Advice to Management

Too many young managers who are trying to progress their own careers and struggling to be objective on their decision making.

The Trade Desk2019-06-24
  4. "The best company I've worked in so far"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is really good, everyone is nice and helpful, high bar for engineers and lots of big challenging tasks, relaxed work from home policies, office is also great and has good location and kitchen is filled with snacks and drinks

Cons

The engineering team is highly distributed around the world, and work activity really never stops.. that can be good or bad depending on your lifestyle

Advice to Management

you rock!

The Trade Desk2019-01-17

"The best job I've had"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in London, England

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, free lunches, very good compensation. Nice office, and everyone at the company is not only incredibly competent, but they are some of the nicest people I've met.

Cons

High expectations - you need to be on point all the time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

The Trade Desk2018-09-18

"Proud to be part of it"

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative, exciting, smart, disruptive, inspiring, fun, kind, caring, cool - some of the words that pop up my mind when I think of the trade desk. I feel challenged every day but supported by my peers at all levels and from all over the globe at all times so I never feel lost but keep getting better at what I do. For everyone new to programmatic, the company offers a full online training that every employee can... complete with a certificate. It’s a great way to get familiar with both the products and the industry. On the pure fun side of things, Palooza is definitely one of the nicest perks. But there’s a million other things TTD do on a daily basis for everyone to feel well taken care of, such as occasional office massages, games, events and many delicious free meals and snacks. Lastly I’d like to emphasize that TTD hire for smartness AND cultural fit - only good people make it into the company, and I clearly see that every day at work. I honestly couldn’t ask for anything more in a work place.

Cons

This sounds so cliche but there really isn’t a single thing I dislike about TTD. Those people who have left bad reviews probably have no other experience.

Advice to Management

Do more good stuff! You’ve hired smart and genuinely good people who want to get more involved in helping the community. It’s a great opportunity.

The Trade Desk2018-06-14

"Best company you will ever work for!"

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time

Pros

- Culture is super important here. Everyone is super friendly and get on with each other. - Amazing perks - Great work life balance - Everything about TTD is amazing and I am super proud to be working here.

Cons

None at all that I can think of.

The Trade Desk2018-05-18

"Great company, fantastic products, and culture is incredibly important"

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time for more than a year

Pros

A fantastic company to work for. Leadership are superb, and manage to incite hype and respect without being too "I love this company." Very consultative atmosphere, where everyone can contribute and put forward ideas. Products are released when ready, nothing is rushed or botched, but still incredibly quickly. Always at the forefront of programmatic and online advertising. Focus on client service is great..., and is the foundation of success. All clients get wonderful account management and a huge amount of contact and support. The client retention rates back that up. Amazing atmosphere, the culture (both working and socialising) is very important and everyone gets on. That's not to say you have to be outgoing or head out for drinks with the team at all - everyone is understanding of work life balance, and the company avoids a monoculture. It just means that recruitment is very thorough, many hours, with people who you may never work with closely, to ensure professional and cultural fit are there. Despite the rapid growth the culture has been maintained, and staff turnover is low.

Cons

As with any multinational company, the need for early or late calls can be tiring! Some functions still lack international support - having to go to the US for these areas can exaggerate timelines. When people do leave, they can occasionally disappear without mention, regardless of the reason. Senior management (local or global, as needed) should address these situations better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and give international some further infrastructural support to help get to the goals quicker.

The Trade Desk2017-10-24
  9. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time for more than a year

Pros

TTD is a great place to work!

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Great!

The Trade Desk2017-06-07
  10. "Great company with great people"

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and great culture. The company ensures all employees have a clear career path with various opportunities to grow professionally and personally.

Cons

I've been with the company for 4 years and still struggle to find cons.

The Trade Desk2017-05-28