The Travel Corporation Employee Reviews about "ttc"

Updated 22 Aug 2019

3.5
The Travel Corporation CEO Brett Tollman
Brett Tollman
Pros
  • "TTC is a very welcoming company, with the majority of people who are employed here friendly and always willing to help each other(in 20 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance, Great management team(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, super stressfull during peak season(in 14 reviews)

• "Something that really never sat well with me after I started working at TTC was it's approach to supporting women in the workplace(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "ttc"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - People & Culture Administrator in London, England

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

TTC is a very welcoming company, with the majority of people who are employed here friendly and always willing to help each other. The recent office refurbishments have made a big difference and given the office a brand new feel. This is a family orientated business and we regularly recieve updates from CEO updating us on all business aspects. There is a huge focus Corporate Social Responsibility, with constant reminders on how we can have a positive impact on the world. This makes me as an individual think twice and respect the environment more both in our professional and personal lives as much as we can.

Cons

Pension contribution could be improved.

September 5, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on your experience so far with The Travel Corporation! The family culture within our company is definitely a factor that is valued and driven by our CEO. This is also demonstrated by the care and investment in our recent office refurbishment which has and continues to enhance our employee experience. Our CEO puts great effort and focus on our CSR, not only raising employee and guest awareness on issues like single-use-plastic and eradicating it from our offices and guest experiences, but also demonstrated by the numerous projects delivered by our TreadRight Foundation. Thank you once again and I wish you a successful future with us! Iva Simoes Head of People & Culture

2. "Great company to work for with many opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great internal opportunities if you you are looking to progress your career. On the job training and external training is available. Managers care about your progress and Senior Managers are very approachable. TTC having offices all over the world has allowed me to get international stakeholder management experience. Vision for 2018 looks very exciting. Brilliant company benefits, exciting social events and a very helpful HR team.

Cons

Teleconferencing could be improved. Better kitchen facilities in some offices.

January 10, 2018Managing Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate the feedback and will look into the kitchen facilities to see how we can improve them. Thank you.

"Demotivational to the core"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Delivery in London, England

I worked at The Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

There are some talented and hardworking people in TTC tech Working environment is flexible Pay is pretty reasonable for the output expected Offices in good location

Cons

Some senior management (not the CTO) have a management style that is nothing but rude and abrasive Morale is very low Engagement with the wider business is very poor Offices are rather tired Lots of different managers out there with unaligned agendas trying to build empires

December 11, 2017CTO

Thank you for your feedback. Based on our employee feedback last year we have recently renovated our offices to high standards and this has had a very positive response from the team. With regards to your comment on the managers we expect a high degree of professionalism in our senior management team and to help them meet these high expectations ensure that they receive regular training on people management. We are also continually trying to improve our engagement with the rest of the business and have been building a network of internal business champions to collaborate with on all technology projects. Our management philosophy follows an open door policy and we continue to encourage employees to reach out to any senior member in case they want to discuss anything. Regarding the morale of the employees, we take every measure to improve morale of our employees and we are always open to suggestion on how we can do better. In providing opportunities to learn and grow within TTC, doing interesting projects using new technologies and we also have a healthy social environment i.e. breakfasts, wine down events. There are also many other social activities that that TTC puts on every month with the majority allowing employees to bring friends/family. Please feel free to get in touch should you wish to discuss further.

"Great Company to Work for!"

4.0

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent company to work for with a "Family" mantra making TTC a great place to work. A high level of autonomy and a very supportive environment. Being a global company with more than 30 brands there are plenty of opportunities across the globe. The management is engaged (as proven by our recent staff survey) and supportive. Potential to engage with any level in the business which has a very flat management hierarchy.

Cons

If you are not a self-starter and expect to be given work to do, or if you are not great at reaching out to people you do not immediately work for, TTC might not be the place for you.

November 28, 2017Managing Director

Thank you for your comments and feedback. Annaliesa Chapman

"Inspirational CEO and Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

TTC has to be one of the best companies I have worked for. I find the CEO Brett Tollman to be an incredibly inspirational person, not in a conventional way of being this removed personality that you aspire to meet one day; on the contrary he is very present in the day-to-day of the business, he is renowned for being personable & knowing most employees on a first name basis. That's not easy, especially when you are running a Global Corporation, it takes great effort, but that's what makes him special and resonates through the business as part of its culture. The effort it takes to know each employee is as the effort and hard work every executive (lead by Brett) puts into make us successful. No job is too big or small for anyone, we all chip in as required. Its refreshing to work somewhere where there are no 'big ego's'. TTC Is an incredibly successful group, but that comes with hard work and if you are willing to roll sleeves and get stuck in, then this is a company to work for. With the success comes great rewards and recognition.

Cons

The information technology department can be slow and frustrating, but the group has invested significantly in the last few years in leading edge technology and things will improve.

"A Great Company"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked for a company that was purchased by the TTC so joined the team by default. Since joining TTC the level of personal development has vastly increased. I have been given the opportunity to attend many courses and have been allowed to select those which I felt would be valuable to me in my current role and some that could help develop my career . Though I work for a relatively small business within the TTC, the support I receive from group is first class, especially from the HR team. The company has a great ethos with regards to it's employees and rewards with long service gifts. Other benefits include Salary Extras, staff discounts on other TTC product and private health care options.

Cons

I was on a final salary pension which was unfortunately stopped a few years ago. Having said that, it is still a better than average pension

Continue reading

"Some way to go to modernise"

Current Employee - Dev Team Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company from a development perspective are willing to change and improve. There have been numerous improvements over the past year and a half. There are a range of upcoming exciting projects both from a business perspective and a technical perspective.

Cons

There is still some way to go before TTC can be considered a tech company, and be a major presence in the tech industry. The main application is still essentially a legacy application. The offices are very outdated, even though they are located in a good location.

Continue reading

"Walk the walk as well as talk the talk to make it a more inclusive and supportive workplace for women."

in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Travel Corporation for more than a year

Pros

- A variety of different brands, so opportunity for growth / movement between brands. - Promoting travel is an exciting opportunity - you're giving people the chance to make lifetime memories etc, not selling financial services! - There's a friendly, social culture, although sometimes the different brands operate in more of a silo than would be beneficial. - There are some extremely talented and inspirational people in various leadership positions across the business.

Cons

Something that really never sat well with me after I started working at TTC was it's approach to supporting women in the workplace. For a multi-million dollar global company operating in 60 countries / 35 offices around the world, you would think that the company would be able to offer parental leave support to their staff that would be at least on par, or close to what is the industry norm in Australia. Unfortunately however, that is not the case. TTC Aus offers not even one day of paid parental leave for it's permanent staff. Legally, they are not required to in Australia, but this lack of legal obligation is more around not causing financial strain to small businesses who could not afford to offer paid parental leave, not for a massive global company. When speaking with the majority of females who are working for similar sized business across Australia, it seems that the overwhelming majority receive at least some small amount of employee paid parental leave support to allow them to spend more time with their children with less financial strain. This lack of firm support doesn't sit well when the company then promotes itself as a 'family' focused business, and when the Aus CEO has been ironically awarded at recent Women in Travel industry awards as a ' Champion of Change'.

9. "Managing Director"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Cape Town

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Travel Corporation (TTC) is a multi-faceted family owned travel business with a multi award winning portfolio ranging from luxury hotels and river cruises, to a selection of curated and personalised guided travel experiences and independent holiday options. The great advantage of working for this organisation is the opportunity for growth and the fact that the owners' hearts are in everything they do both for the business and for their employees.

Cons

Standards are very high, so don't expect to jump on-board unless you're willing to put your best into every part of your work. Applicants need to be hungry for a challenge and they need to be nimble and agile in their approach to their work.

Continue reading
  10. "Job with continual opportunities"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Durban

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working for The Travel Corporation because it's a family run and own business by the Tollman family and that work ethic is carried all the way from the top to the bottom. I get to travel internationally all the time and am recognised for the hardwork I put in.

Cons

The only con I would say is that I wish I started earlier with TTC

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 English Reviews