The Travel Corporation Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 15 Dec 2020

3.5
The Travel Corporation CEO Brett Tollman
Brett Tollman
Pros
  • "TTC is a very welcoming company, with the majority of people who are employed here friendly and always willing to help each other(in 20 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance, Great management team(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, super stressfull during peak season(in 14 reviews)

• "Something that really never sat well with me after I started working at TTC was it's approach to supporting women in the workplace(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fantastic Workplace Environment"

Current Employee - Operations in London, England

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Salary - Benefits - Work/Life balance - Private Ownership

Cons

No cons to report on

August 22, 2019

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We’re pleased that you appreciate the fact we are a privately owned, family run business, which reflects our family culture and collaborative teams. Although you report no cons to working at The Travel Corporation, you will know that we are always striving for continuous improvement so if there is anything you would like to share in more detail in what we do well or any areas of improvement, please do not hesitate to get in touch with your People & Culture team. Wishing you all the very best in your career with us! Iva Simoes, Head of People & Culture

"Google CEO Travel Corporation Tax Evasion"

2.0

I worked at The Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

People Social Events Intelligent workforce Interesting Projects Work/Life Balance

Cons

Management/Leadership Dictatorship Don't invest in their employees, rubbish employee benefits Lack of personal and professional development Don't let you move across teams Get you working on mundane boring stuff for years and don't let you move Very old fashioned way of working As said in the title, research the current CEO, will tell you a lot about the company A lot of the positive reviews on glassdoor are fabricated

February 9, 2018Managing Director

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to read that you did not have an overall positive experience and have to assume this may have been some time ago, as the comments are not in line with how we treat our employees. Our people are our most important asset and we pride ourselves on offering fantastic social events, welfare programmes and volunteering opportunities to all. We invest heavily in professional development, since 2014 having a dedicated Learning and Development team. We support and encourage employees to develop their professional experience by moving teams on the UK or to any one of our 35 offices worldwide. In 2015 we reviewed company benefits offered and we offer above what of our competitors do. Please read the benefits section in Glassdoor.

"Finance"

Current Employee - Financial Controller in London, England

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

With a young family the biggest pro is a good work life balance. Whilst at time within the year the hours need to be put in there is always light at the end of the tunnel as unlike some places I have previously worked this isn't the norm throughout the whole year. I also work with an exceptional team who are prepared to contribute and generally muck in with good grace and real endeavour not matter what gets thrown their way.

Cons

The group is going through the pains of updating numerous systems and methods of communications. At times these changes have been rather haphazard and IT driven which at time has resulted in systems and upgrades that are not suitable for the users.

"Great place to develop"

Current Employee - QA Team Lead in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a great place to grow and develop if you passionate about what you do and can adapt to the current reality of work. There are many talented individuals and teams within the company and it is a pleasure working, learning and growing with the teams. The flexible working hours supports work life balance in the changing world we live in and there a several social clubs events, summer events and charity based activities. The company offers internal training sessions and workshops and generally support employees with work related certification exams and training. We have started getting feedback early from the business and working closer with the business to deliver applications and systems that deliver value and meet their needs.

Cons

The work load can be challenging and we will need to slow down to implement some of the infrastructure and process change required that will make us work more effectively and efficiently going forward.

Continue reading

"Angry at wasting my precious few years !"

2.0
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in London, England

I worked at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1)Great colleagues 2)Challenging job as the product is in a mess 3)Good work life balance.

Cons

This applies to IT department only 1) Senior managers always trying to hoodwink the owner. 2)No Manager wants to recognize the basic issues facing the product itself. 3)Complete lack of intelligent and technical project managers, I had one who was the most slimy and cunning ones. 4) Recruitment based on no set criteria

Continue reading
  6. "Great family environment"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at The Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

Great, collaborative team. Great work/life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of.

January 4, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your journey with the company. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our office culture and had a positive experience.

7. COVID-19

"Great place to work - caring team - offered opportunity."

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able to travel on our trips. Great team. Work/Life balance was great.

Cons

Salary may be on the low end, but that is the travel industry as a whole. Unfortunately the company was effected by the pandemic, which was not their fault.

November 5, 2020People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We are delighted to hear that you value the efforts we have put towards encouraging a work and life balance for our team members and creating an environment where everyone at TTC can thrive! We continually look at industry standards and strive to offer the most competitive compensation package for our team. Travel will come back stronger than ever and cannot wait to to build our teams again! Marian Tran People & Culture Generalist

8. "10 years on & loving it!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Johannesburg

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are so many opportunities within this family of brands. As a group we have many platforms so there is a lot of sharing of information - you constantly learn (trust me after 10 years I am still learning something new often) & the team is constantly striving to be ahead of the curve. It's really an exciting environment to be part of. The work / life balance is perfect however I always find myself talking about my brand outside of office hours as it's such an exciting brand and most people have experienced a trip and love reminiscing - I am really proud to represent this amazing company.

Cons

I absolutely love my job!

9. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Support in Sydney

I have been working at The Travel Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Great management team

Cons

Cant think of any negatives

December 11, 2019People & Culture Leader

Thanks for the feedback. #enjoyyourjourney Graeme Riches People & Culture Leader TTC Australia

10. "Good Environment"

I worked at The Travel Corporation

Pros

Work/Life balance was awesome. Flexible schedule

Cons

Loved working here. Have no complaints.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 English Reviews