The University of North Carolina System Accountant Reviews

Updated 7 Sep 2018

1.6
The University of North Carolina System Interim President  Bill Roper (no image)
Bill Roper
0 Rating

"You will get promoted to your level of incompetence."

1.0
    Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at The University of North Carolina System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/Life balance but that isn't because of good leadership, its a state job so you work a consistent schedule as an SHRA employee

Cons

If you care about growth, do not work at UNC. Everything on that campus is political. The HR department staff have personal relationships with leaders of different schools so if you need their assistance with anything, you won't get it. No raises, no bonuses and if you have more education than your co-worker, you are paid the same amount of money, no matter what. A lot of times employees will have more education than their supervisors. It is embarrassing that a institution of higher education, does not seek education in most of their employees, just another way to keep wages low. Management is old and out of touch with how the world has evolved, still trying to hold on to their southern, racist, sexist etc views. If you want to work on a campus, don't make it this one unless you just love how "great" UNC is a basketball.

2. "accountant"

Current Employee - Accountant in Chapel Hill, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The University of North Carolina System full-time

Pros

Pension and other benefits when hired. University setting.

Cons

Too many temps are not hired permanently.

Continue reading

3. "Full time Accountant"

Current Employee - Accountant

I have been working at The University of North Carolina System full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great place to work. Lots of events and free food

Cons

Administrative staff is underpaid. It will take years and years to get promoted or get a raise.

4. "Accountant"

5.0
    Accountant in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at The University of North Carolina System for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. I am enjoying my time there and my interactions with everyone

Cons

Lots of changes are taking place within the organization.

5. "Get to know the department's environment"

4.0
    Current Employee - Grants Manager, Accountant in Chapel Hill, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The University of North Carolina System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall, this is a great Univeristy to work for. It shows great appreciation for its employees.

Cons

My department's environment was great however, there was no potential to grow within that particulat environment. Everyone seems stuck in their current role.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews