The Very Group Customer Service Representative Reviews

Updated 1 Mar 2021

3.1
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch
Henry Birch
  1. "Great Company to work for"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Manager in Speke, England, England

I worked at The Very Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff benefits, staff discount, onsite facilities including gym, wellness centre and quiet room for work

Cons

Difficult relationship with manager who didn't have the people skills or management experience to be effective.

October 22, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review us and leaving us a positive review. Sorry to hear about your experiences with your manager, it's definitely something we'd like to hear more about if you were happy to share some more details? You can send a note to us at glassdoor@theverygroup.com if so at any time. Best of luck for the future, take care.

2. "Call centre"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Speke, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Your colleagues are great and keep you sane.

Cons

No clear pathway to promotion

April 16, 2021Employer Brand Manager

HI there, thanks for leaving a review on your time at Very so far. We're looking to build a place to work where people thrive and develop and so your feedback around promotion opportunities is something we'd really encourage you to speak openly with your line manager about, to see what career paths could be available to you, or alternatively, please drop a note to glassdoor@theverygroup.com and I can connect you to the right people in the people team.

3. "Incompetent company/management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bolton, England, England

I worked at The Very Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dream on, there are no pros!

Cons

These imbecile managers treat staff like they are children. They are very unorganised, they go on like they are above all. We are in 2019 and you have to take your lunch at set time and you have a few mins personal time. Your phones have to be in the locker as if though they have some top secrets. The company is a joke, their ways are a joke, management are a joke, the owner is a joke!

November 8, 2019Head of Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences of working with us, you've made it really clear that you didn't find any positives and i'm really gutted to hear that. Your feedback is really important so that we can continue to look into parts of our colleague experience where we're not living up to the standards wet set ourselves, so we’ll look into the points you’ve raised. Whilst we recognise that timed breaks and lunches are quite formal, they're sometimes necessary depending on where in the business you work. For example, in our contact centers we must ensure that we always have sufficient resource to handle our customer’s queries. security around phones is also necessary as it helps ensure we protect our customer’s data. If you'd like to share more about your time with us please get in touch on glassdoor@shopdirect.com. I really hope that you find more job satisfaction in your next role!

"UK Call Centres"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Broadview Heights, OH

I worked at The Very Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good people wanting to do the right thing. The UK Call Centres had good processes and procedures which made it easy to deliver the service required.

Cons

Sold parts of the business to various parts of the world. We saw decrease in UK workers but seemingly an increase in unhappy customers.

5. "Good company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Preston, North West England, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Very Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good, caring reliable and rewarding company

Cons

Slow progression and not many roles to go to

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Popular Careers with The Very Group Job Seekers