The Very Group Data Scientist Reviews

"Data Scientist"

5.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great enviroment, experienced leaders, company inform changes, company have lots of opportunities to grow

Cons

No cons at the moment. Still relative new in the company.

Continue reading

September 5, 2019CTO

Great to have you on the team. You're in a key position as we continue our journey to put tech and data at the centre of the business.

2. "Good place to work!"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great compensation package! Flexible working.

Cons

Not the latest tech stack but has been improving.

3. "Average"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in London, England, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, nice atmosphere, flexibility (work start/end time, remote work), good benefits inc. private healthcare, life insurance etc.

Cons

Limited career opportunities, average or below average market salary, lots of IT issues, old processes making difficult to implement any changes

April 16, 2021Employer Brand Manager

Hey there, thanks for leaving a review on your time with us so far, we appreciate it. We're looking to build a place to work where people thrive and develop and so your feedback around career opportunities is something we'd really encourage you to speak openly with your line manager about, to see what career paths could be available to you, or alternatively, please drop a note to glassdoor@theverygroup.com and I can connect you to the right people in the people team. Thanks!

4. "Good company and nice people"

4.0
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Speke, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, friendly environment, benefits and payed holidays are the best ever I've seen.

Cons

Very slow pace, very slow to make any change. Data infrastructure is quite old.

November 11, 2019Head of Data Science & Engineering

Thanks for sharing your feedback. There's definitely more left to work on, including (as you say) the continued upgrade of our data infrastructure. We hope to continue making progress on this, so we can release changes ever faster in the near future.

"Fun, fast paced retail environment"

5.0

I have been working at The Very Group part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The variety of projects is what keeps things interesting and is one of the reasons that I have been at Shop Direct for so long. There is always opportunity to get involved in different projects, there is a huge assortment of challenges to get stuck into. The people is the other reason I enjoy working at Shop Direct so much. There is a real team sprint and everyone is willing to collaborate on projects and offer up their experience and advice. You always feel support is there when required. Our data asset is also one of our crown jewels at Shop Direct. We are so lucky to have such a realm of data available at our fingertips to analyse and model. We also have an array of tools to tackle the problem with including SQL, SAS, R and Python to name a few. There is great training material available at Shop Direct which really helps to develop your skills in lots of different areas.

Cons

Maternity Pay is currently way below the industry standard (but i believe this is being looked into)

November 30, 2017Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we are glad you’re having such a positive experience! Our culture and people are what makes our business so special.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Popular Careers with The Very Group Job Seekers