The Very Group Manager Reviews

Updated 19 Aug 2020

3.8
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch (no image)
Henry Birch
  1. Featured Review

"Great, supportive company"

Current Employee - Training Manager in Oldham, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great development opportunities, fantastic culture and the people are lovely.

Cons

I can’t think of anything specific.

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review, it means a lot. It's great to hear you love the culture and people, it's so important during this strange time to be surrounding by good people. Have a great weekend!

2. "The Very Group"

Current Employee - Section Manager in Shaw, North West England, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great place to work, employees are well looked after.

Cons

Absolutely Fab, no complaints at all!

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear such positive experiences of working here at Very, hope you are keeping safe and well.

3. "The Very Group"

Former Employee - Team Manager in Little Hulton, England

I worked at The Very Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team working together. busy fast pace warehouse.

Cons

can be cold in the warehouse

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Glad to see that you've rated your experience a positive one, overall. We wish you the very best of luck in your next role and are sending another huge thank you for your time as part of the Shop Direct/The Very Group team.

4. "Avoid!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Derby, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You have a job if you are desperate

Cons

Discrimination Nepotism Unprofessional management 14-16 hours a day working hours only 11 paid Only friends of friends can progress most vacancies are not even advertised No values

Fulfilment Director

Thankyou for taking the time to share your experience of working at The Very Group. When I read your review I was sorry to hear that your experience has not lived up to the high expectations we hold for all of our Colleagues. This is not the kind of experience we want for our people at all, and it's not something we condone. Please be assured that we will take your feedback forward. We're fully committed to building an environment where all Colleagues feel valued and respected and take reports of this nature seriously. It would be helpful if you would be willing to share any more information - if so, please reach out to me, or get in touch through glassdoor@theverygroup.com

5. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Derby, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere to work, great people, fantastic facilities, valuable values, new generation

Cons

At this moment i have no concerns

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for the positive review, and feeding back that you're enjoying the culture, people, facilities and more in our new site Skygate! Our values are so important to us and at times like these its more important than ever that we are led and guided by them to support our colleagues when they need us most. Good to hear no concerns currently, our ears are always open to hearing about suggested improvements so we that we can build a great place to work for our people so please keep us posted as you spend more time at the new site. Have a great weekend!

6. "Excellent culture and environment. Plenty of opportunity to progress career in a number of directions."

Current Employee - Programmer Manager in Speke, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Excellent culture and environment for the most part, with a good set of people at the helm that care. Plenty of opportunity to progress career in a number of directions. Top-notch facilities. Good flexibility offered allowing for a decent work/life balance.

Cons

Ageing core systems and IT infrastructure can limit and restrict ability to implement change/improvements at pace. Very Speke-centric despite operating over multiple sites.

Head of Culture

Hi, I just wanted to say I really loved reading the pros you've called out on here - its great to see the stuff we've been investing in is showing up in your experience. We will take all your comments on board and really appreciate you taking the time to write this review, take care :)

7. "Great Culture, Great People"

Current Employee - Manager in Liverpool, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Always working on continuous improvement, listening to employees, respectful of work/life balance needs.

Cons

High expectations, tight deadlines, need for process improvements for delivery.

Head of Culture

Thanks so much for sharing this positive yet balanced review! Its great to see that the efforts and high expectations we set around listening to our people and working to make things better is being noticed. Its also great to hear your thoughts on process improvements, if you'd like to share more about this you can at glassdoor@theverygroup.com

8. "Fun and friendly place to work with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Speke, England

I have been working at The Very Group part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Full of friendly and professional people, always there to help each other and do the best for our colleagues and customers

Cons

Can’t think of any at the moment!!!

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for much for this lovely review, we couldn't agree with you more, great people make this a great place to work!

"All talk, no action and negatives swept under the carpet"

2.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Speke, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Very Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing, it's all fake. Some of the people are nice, but no one in power who can change anything

Cons

Honestly the treatment of long serving staff is just abysmal. It's difficult to break down into bullet points how many terrible things I've seen since starting, but a good summary would be "all that glitters ain't gold". They're very clever at hiding how terrible it is for staff who actually work there, in order to being new poor saps in.

Head of Culture

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, its so disappointing that your experience with us didn't feel reflective of the standards we set ourselves. We care about all the feedback we receive, its really important so that we can continue to look into our colleague experience. If you'd like to share more about your time with us please get in touch on glassdoor@shopdirect.com. Good luck with your next role and company

10. "Positive experience for Test Managers"

Former Contractor - Test Manager in Liverpool, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Very Group for less than a year

Pros

Very nice working environment and facilities Strong processes in place and templates to support Quality focus

Cons

Clarity around roles of third parties required Car parking space very limited

Found 33 reviews