The Very Group Reviews

Found 275 of over 419 reviews

4.0
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch
Henry Birch
Pros
  • "Really great people collaborative environment(in 23 reviews)

• "Understanding of work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, not much opportunity(in 11 reviews)

• "Unexperienced mid-senior management structure for an operation that is still facing start-up challenges(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Good place to work

Oct 29, 2021 - Associate Software Engineer in Speke, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with new tech for migration, Good work environment, Great colleagues

Cons

No cons I can think of

Employer Brand Manager

We're just catching up after a busy Golden quarter.... what a fab review to read! Thanks for the part you played in a hugely successful Christmas for the business, we hope you enjoyed a break and are back to it with the new tech, good environment and great colleagues for 2022 :-)

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

May 16, 2022 - Trainer in Derby, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary Amazing Team Equal chances to progress

Cons

Long hours shift hours Canteen on night time

3. 5.0

n/a

May 16, 2022 - Quality Assurance in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

.......... ..... ...... ..... ..........

Cons

very good company to work for.

4. 3.0

Good and bad

May 10, 2022 - Warehouse Operative in Wrexham, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work 3 days a week with a rotating 4th shift. So plenty of personal time with Mrs and family

Cons

Communication withing the higher ranks is a joke can't seem to get dates right for people etc, And only selected people may advance within and usually get told they have gotten the job before it's even gone on the board.

Continue reading
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Online retailer that is moving too slowly

May 6, 2022 - Agile Delivery Lead in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice and friendly. Desire to modernise. Some senior leadership with digital mindset.

Cons

Archaic culture and systems. Acts more like a traditional retail company than a tech organisation. Defunct tech stacks, underinvested, bad pay. Some leadership who still act like mill owners.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great values, great place to work

Apr 13, 2022 - Software Engineer in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Salary (Make sure you negotiate!) Ability to freely innovate Forward thinking

Cons

The regular corporate red tape

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, it's great to hear about the positive experiences you're having with us!

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people and culture, loved it

Apr 10, 2022 - Colleague Experience Lead in Speke, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They talk a good game but back it up, the culture is brilliant. Forward thinking and always looking at how to improve customer and colleague journey. Close connection between SMT and colleagues meaning key messages delivered really well. Great benefits and probably the best office spaces in the North West.

Cons

No downsides for me, I am only leaving to pursue a passion of mine and was given an opportunity too good to turn down.

Continue reading

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for leaving such a lovely review, great to hear about your positive experiences with us here at Very. We wish you all the best for your next adventure!

8. 5.0

Great work place

Mar 31, 2022 - Fraud Investigator in Bolton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment. Chances for progressing.

Cons

No cons currently, due to higher living costs looking for pay rise.

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for leaving a positive review on your time in Fraud so far. We appreciate your feedback.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Apr 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good flexibility around office and WFH

Cons

Staff are over worked on poor wage

Employer Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review on your time with us at Very. We appreciate your feedback, good luck with your next move!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great people, great perks

Mar 23, 2022 - Accounts Assistant in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work carried out is diverse and spanning across commercial sales and financial services is interesting. I work at the Speke offices and it's amazing, I've great things about the other offices in London and Skygate as well! Utilises flexible working well and staff are really kind, helpful and understanding

Cons

I am a finance graduate and see various opportunities to grow my career and experience throughout the department however have heard from graduates in other departments that progression is seemingly slow.

The Very Group Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I’m pleased to hear you are enjoying a diverse role, hybrid working and supportive colleagues; Belonging, Growth and everyday learning is really important to us. The feedback on progression is helpful too; hopefully this Quarter’s Development Plans focus has been helpful and if you have other ideas or would like to discuss further, do reach out. All the best, Selina Group Planning & Performance Director

Viewing 1 - 10 of 275 Reviews

The Very Group Reviews FAQs

The Very Group has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 419 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at The Very Group to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Very Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Very Group. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

77% of The Very Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Very Group 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with The Very Group Job Seekers