The Very Group Reviews

Updated 8 Jun 2020

4.2
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch (no image)
Henry Birch
  1. Featured Review

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Head of Logistics in Speke, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very collaborative, supportive environment. High paced Excellent facilities at head office Great people Constantly evolving

Cons

Still working on getting rid of some ancient core systems, some frustrations around the pace of IT change as a result.

October 24, 2019Logistics Director

Hi there, thanks for the 5* review. I agree, it's great fun to work in a fast paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We pride ourselves on developing this environment for all colleagues and will continue to do so. We are working hard on developing our systems and our new CTO has already started to develop an agile framework to deliver change at pace.

2. "The Very Group"

Current Employee - Section Manager in Shaw, North West England, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great place to work, employees are well looked after.

Cons

Absolutely Fab, no complaints at all!

June 11, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear such positive experiences of working here at Very, hope you are keeping safe and well.

3. "Great, supportive company"

Current Employee - Training Manager in Oldham, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great development opportunities, fantastic culture and the people are lovely.

Cons

I can’t think of anything specific.

May 15, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review, it means a lot. It's great to hear you love the culture and people, it's so important during this strange time to be surrounding by good people. Have a great weekend!

4. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Derby, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere to work, great people, fantastic facilities, valuable values, new generation

Cons

At this moment i have no concerns

May 15, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for the positive review, and feeding back that you're enjoying the culture, people, facilities and more in our new site Skygate! Our values are so important to us and at times like these its more important than ever that we are led and guided by them to support our colleagues when they need us most. Good to hear no concerns currently, our ears are always open to hearing about suggested improvements so we that we can build a great place to work for our people so please keep us posted as you spend more time at the new site. Have a great weekend!

5. "Excellent culture and environment. Plenty of opportunity to progress career in a number of directions."

Current Employee - Programmer Manager in Speke, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Excellent culture and environment for the most part, with a good set of people at the helm that care. Plenty of opportunity to progress career in a number of directions. Top-notch facilities. Good flexibility offered allowing for a decent work/life balance.

Cons

Ageing core systems and IT infrastructure can limit and restrict ability to implement change/improvements at pace. Very Speke-centric despite operating over multiple sites.

April 23, 2020Head of Culture

Hi, I just wanted to say I really loved reading the pros you've called out on here - its great to see the stuff we've been investing in is showing up in your experience. We will take all your comments on board and really appreciate you taking the time to write this review, take care :)

6. "Not the best of places to work at"

1.0
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Shaw, North West England, England

I have been working at The Very Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

There isn’t very much pro’a other than the paid breaks

Cons

Management give silly targets and go crazy if they are not met especially section managers

April 14, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, albeit I'm sorry to hear some of the things you're experiencing. I'd encourage you to share more about your experience with us so that we can look into this matter further, please get in contact with us at glassdoor@theverygroup.com.

7. "Fun and friendly place to work with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Speke, England

I have been working at The Very Group part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Full of friendly and professional people, always there to help each other and do the best for our colleagues and customers

Cons

Can’t think of any at the moment!!!

February 14, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for much for this lovely review, we couldn't agree with you more, great people make this a great place to work!

8. "Great Culture, Great People"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Liverpool, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Always working on continuous improvement, listening to employees, respectful of work/life balance needs.

Cons

High expectations, tight deadlines, need for process improvements for delivery.

February 14, 2020Head of Culture

Thanks so much for sharing this positive yet balanced review! Its great to see that the efforts and high expectations we set around listening to our people and working to make things better is being noticed. Its also great to hear your thoughts on process improvements, if you'd like to share more about this you can at glassdoor@theverygroup.com

9. "Family Friendly, Good work/life balance."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Speke, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, amazing dedicated people.

Cons

Very fast paced environment if you can keep up!

February 14, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We know this place can be a fast-paced, challenging environment to work sometimes, with the level of ambition we have comes exciting avenues in tech, data, credit and retail! It's great that we can share this journey with a brilliant bunch of people too :-)

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Speke, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company looks after their employees very well compared to other companies I have worked for. Good salary, good holiday and good flexible hours. Also a nice, sociable, successful company to work for. Great work/life balance.

Cons

No job progression as nobody leaves the company.

January 10, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review, glad to hear your positive feedback on our exciting social events, hope you enjoyed Christmas party! :-) Helping people to progress their careers is really important to us. Currently, around 50% of our appointments into bigger roles are filled by internal candidates, but we’ve set ourselves a goal of moving this to 75%, so we hope you'll see more opportunities across the business in the near future.

Found 125 reviews