The Very Group Section Manager Reviews

Updated 8 Jun 2020

5.0
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch (no image)
Henry Birch
1 Rating
  1. "The Very Group"

5.0
    Current Employee - Section Manager in Shaw, North West England, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great place to work, employees are well looked after.

Cons

Absolutely Fab, no complaints at all!

The Very Group Response

June 11, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear such positive experiences of working here at Very, hope you are keeping safe and well.

"Shop Direct is a brutal place to work at!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Section Manager in Liverpool, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Nice car park, exterior, canteen and loos. Tea making facilities and fridges for own stuff. Senior manager communicate well at monthly briefings except for the fact the keep telling us how great it is to work there etc etc

Cons

Dont come here! There is an undercurrent of nastiness. (This review will be undermined massively by HR and staff they order to do so) Comparative performance reviews six monthly where your manager has to grade you against your peers, not everyone can do well! Some have to get a lowly "1" or a "2" which means you arent doing well and may get no pay rise or bonus. Managers then have to "fight" for their favourite staff to receive the higher "3" or "4" grades in Consistency Forums run by HR. At these, forums employees are criticised and pilloried aby other managers trying to win the higher grades for their favoured staff. Good people are put down to "2" and "1" and they dont deserve it! There is NO appeal procedure at all. Part of this whole process is staff stabbing each other in the back to look good or working many hours overtime unpaid to be working above the call of duty. There are "Your Shout" online feedback sessions to management. However although claimed to be anonymous most staff dont believe it as you are asked so many details its easy peasy to id you. If you arent wanted, they get rid and you arent allowed to say this, they say "x" is pursuing interests elsewhere etc. All part of the "happy happy" culture. Its all happy falseness where you cannot and must not criticise the state of play. Could go on and on. Its like a cult! Oh, if there IS bonus, the low paid staff get an average of 0 to 8% of say 15 to 34k. The higher up you go the percentage bounus paid increases massively to a naximum 40% for those bosses on 90 to 500K (estimate) Certainly aint fair! Forced fun all the time! We all dont want to wear pink or bring a cake to work!

Continue reading

The Very Group Response

March 4, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we really do appreciate your feedback. Our people engagement survey ‘Your Shout’ is totally anonymous. We believe the way we assess performance and reward our people is fair and transparent, but we know we’re not perfect and we’re constantly looking for ways to make it even better. We would welcome the opportunity to talk to you further about the points you’ve raised. If you’d like to, please contact People Services in the first instance and we can arrange to discuss your feedback.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews