The Very Group Senior Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Senior Manager

The Very Group Senior Manager Reviews

Updated 5 Sep 2019

3.8
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch (no image)
Henry Birch
0 Rating
  1. "Great flexibility, modern and forward thinking company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Liverpool, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work/life balance Good competitive salary State of the art facilities (head office)

Cons

Outlying contact centre facilities are poor by comparison Some nepotism in certain departments Limited scope for upward progression in certain departments

The Very Group2019-09-05

The Very Group Response

September 20, 2019Head of Culture

Thanks for taking time the time to share your positive thoughts. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our facilities and sites, and its great that you recognise that we've made some state of the art in roads in this area, we know we've more to do here and this will continues to be a priority for us. We believe anyone can progress their career here at Shop Direct and we see this happen more and more when our teams collaborate cross functionally, opening up new avenues of progression that might not have been seen before.

Continue reading

"So glad I got out! There is life after SD"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Speke, England

I worked at The Very Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice offices, good financial perks and benefits for a north west employer.

Cons

Wow, where to begin. The most toxic, cliquey, and poisonous environment I have ever seen. You can basically cut the company in half. 50% are the normal, hardworking, professional, courteous people proud of their specialisms. The rest are manipulative, lying showmen, or smiling assassins as they are referred to internally. And there’s a lot of them so be very careful before you think about joining. The problems are masked by HR and the long serving members of this team are also playing the same game as the rest. The reason is they pay fantastic salaries for very little output. But the people who worked beneath my level are underpaid, overworked and most of the time bullied. Sticking up pictures ramming values down people’s throats does not create a great working culture. Hence why your now losing talent yet again.

Continue reading