The Very Group Warehouse Worker Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Very Group Warehouse Worker Reviews

Updated 9 May 2019

1.0
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch (no image)
Henry Birch
1 Rating
  1. "great work environment"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Shaw, North West England, England

I have been working at The Very Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

friendly workers, good work environment and great online discounts

Cons

management can be very strict

The Very Group2014-06-10

"False values"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Oldham, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Health and Saftey, Family friendly hours

Cons

You're just a number, doesn't live by their own values, meaningless promises

Advice to Management

Where can I start? Despite being made redundant, staff have lived by the values of Shop Direct. We've given blood, sweat and tears for this company (many over several generations). We were told we were being made redundant, and despite this disappointment, we continued to diligently do our duty for the company, miss very and our own high personal standards. We were promised we were being made redundant and their was no possibility of our jobs being saved (confirmed by the Mayor of Manchester, Oldham MP, local Councillors and USDAW). We have now had over a year of accepting this, working to our next career path and many of us have taken on substantial financial burdens in preparation for our future careers (myself with loans I will pay off with my redundency payment). We have now been sold like numbers on a piece of paper to another company, told we have no guarantees we will be made redundant and after 2021 we have no guarantees on anything from jobs to working hours to wages & benefits. Not only has this caused incredible disappointment and confusion to 99% of our site, it's also caused great financial uncertainty and an utter collapse in our trust in this company. Staff in Speke offices can be hired, fired and moved on in a heartbeat and the warehousing staff are just numbers they want to get off their books. The values we have lived by for so long are meaningless. You'll be told them constantly, but it appears those who have created these values are the only ones who don't abide by them.

The Very Group2019-05-09