The Very Group Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 14 Jan 2021

4.0
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch
Henry Birch
Pros
  • "Fast paced, great people, recognition(in 15 reviews)

• "easy work, and good people to work with(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours systems salary progression(in 7 reviews)

• "Pettiness senior management lack of trust(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

15 Nov 2020 - People Team Member in Liverpool, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, great people, recognition.

Cons

Change can happen too quickly and too often

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you so much for your positive review of your time in the people team so far! We love hearing your feedback, and hearing that you enjoy the recognition and people you work with at The Very Group too. We appreciate that things move quickly here at Very; rewriting retail sure keeps us on our toes to make sure we continue to evolve to match our customers expectations. If you'd like support with handling change we'd always encourage you to share your thoughts with your line manager, or check out some of the fab skill sessions for Very Mindset in Talent Online. Thanks again!

2. 3.0

14 Jan 2021 - Data Scientist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, nice atmosphere, flexibility (work start/end time, remote work), good benefits inc. private healthcare, life insurance etc.

Cons

Limited career opportunities, average or below average market salary, lots of IT issues, old processes making difficult to implement any changes

Employer Brand Manager

Hey there, thanks for leaving a review on your time with us so far, we appreciate it. We're looking to build a place to work where people thrive and develop and so your feedback around career opportunities is something we'd really encourage you to speak openly with your line manager about, to see what career paths could be available to you, or alternatively, please drop a note to glassdoor@theverygroup.com and I can connect you to the right people in the people team. Thanks!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place To Work

5 May 2020 - Team Manager in Derby, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere to work, great people, fantastic facilities, valuable values, new generation

Cons

At this moment i have no concerns

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for the positive review, and feeding back that you're enjoying the culture, people, facilities and more in our new site Skygate! Our values are so important to us and at times like these its more important than ever that we are led and guided by them to support our colleagues when they need us most. Good to hear no concerns currently, our ears are always open to hearing about suggested improvements so we that we can build a great place to work for our people so please keep us posted as you spend more time at the new site. Have a great weekend!

4. 3.0
      Former Contractor, more than 5 years

Nice place to work

9 Jun 2020 - Creative Designer in Speke, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great facilities, onsite gym, subsidised restaurant

Cons

No parking for contractors, high turnover of leadership team.

Continue reading
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Welcome back Mojo!

27 Aug 2019 - Senior Cloud Engineer in Wallasey, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting, energetic and interesting. After 18 years in my previous company I think my mojo had gone ;-) I am really enjoying my new role at SD. Great people and a great company. Early days I know but I have a good feeling we are going places together

Cons

None as yet and I am sure there will be hiccups along the way but seems an open and honest company that will listen

CTO

Great to hear your mojo is back! Let's make sure it's back for good :-)

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A great place to work

4 Oct 2019 - Head of Logistics in Speke, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very collaborative, supportive environment. High paced Excellent facilities at head office Great people Constantly evolving

Cons

Still working on getting rid of some ancient core systems, some frustrations around the pace of IT change as a result.

Logistics Director

Hi there, thanks for the 5* review. I agree, it's great fun to work in a fast paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We pride ourselves on developing this environment for all colleagues and will continue to do so. We are working hard on developing our systems and our new CTO has already started to develop an agile framework to deliver change at pace.

7. 5.0

Great place to work

25 Jun 2019 - Credit Risk Analyst in Speke, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, great people, good values in the company

Cons

Don't have any complaints really

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear you appreciate the pay, people and values here at The Very Group ;-) Would love to continue hearing your feedback as we roll out the refreshed company values this year. We hope colleagues continue to be inspired and connected to them as we start to land our new company strategy. Exciting times!

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A mixed bag

15 Mar 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some great people doing some good work at SD. In a great environment at their head office in Liverpool.

Cons

Can be a highly corporate and siloed place to work with different areas of the business not always pulling in the same direction.

Continue reading
    9. 5.0

Great place to work

27 Sep 2017 -  in Liverpool, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great products, great leaders, great colleague discounts! Pay and benefits are great as is the flexibility to get the job done plus lead a full life outside of work .

Cons

Going through significant transformation and change which can leave some people unsettled. Resilience required and ability to work in modern collaborative ways.

3 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We couldn’t agree more about the great teams, products and leaders that we have across our business. We’re really happy to hear you’re having such a positive experience working for us.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great atmosphere and friendly people

9 Oct 2017 - Senior Analyst in Liverpool, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work here are by and large great people. The atmosphere is very welcoming and not "too corporate". Pretty laid back.

Cons

Sometimes the business is a little siloed and people are set in there ways. This has been improving but work still needs to be made.

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We couldn’t agree more about the great teams we have across our business. We’re really happy to hear you’re having a positive experience working for us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews