The Very Group "senior management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Very Group Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 11 Aug 2019

4.1
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch (no image)
Henry Birch
Cons

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews

"Hr partner Speke Liverpool england"

Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Speke, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Very Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

On site gym location and team

Cons

Pettiness senior management lack of trust

Advice to Management

Trust people promote from within

The Very Group2019-08-11
  2. "Note quite a world class digital retailer"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Speke, England

I worked at The Very Group for more than a year

Pros

Nice buildings, gym, coffee shops, wellbeing of its staff and the general vibe of the company sum up my experience at Shop Direct.

Cons

Location isn't great, if you're a contractor you cannot park on-site, they are slow to renew/extend contracts and assume you will hang on until the last moment. It's also very clichy and if you're face doesn't fit you'll be pushed out from what I've seen. Clearly some long term employees do not like contract staff and have made this known on several occasions, I've also witness bullying by senior management unfortunately to permanent, contract staff and staff within their outsource partners. Technology is old (other than the eCommerce side of the business), old computers out of date software and systems it's not as shiny and new as they portray.

Advice to Management

Take heed of your shout reviews and to thrive you need to remove the old guard that tainted my experience.

The Very Group2017-04-26
  3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Liverpool, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fab people, great benefits Always something interesting going on or a celebrity visiting us at work. Great 25% discount on very.co.uk

Cons

You are rated against your colleagues by management, that's how they decide pay raise and bonus. If you are new in role, you are very unlikely to get a pay raise or much of a bonus until your second review year, unless someone on your team is seriously underperforming. This breeds problems with colleagues particularly at senior management level, particularly come mid year and end of year. Would recommend that pay is generally good for other departments but in FS and other analytics functions the pay is below market rate.

The Very Group2015-12-08