The Zen Agency Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Nov 14, 2019

3.6
The Zen Agency CEO Alan Ronald
Alan Ronald

"'Open and Interesting Place To Work.'"

Current Freelancer - Social Media Marketing in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency for less than a year

Pros

The Zen Agency is a wonderfully open and transparent place to work. The wealth of experience and knowledge gained from the company's 20 year run makes it the ideal environment for someone looking to learn and grow in their industry. The management's inclusive style of working ensures that new team members are encouraged to contribute at all stages, and that any new ideas are considered. The Zen Agency is a business... that invests in it's employee's if they invest in the business. No two days are the same making it a fun and interesting place of work.

Cons

Initial issues with set up and slow internet access which were quickly resolved.

The Zen Agency2019-08-08
  2. "Absolute Disaster of a Company"

Former Employee - BD Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at The Zen Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't really think of any other than the office being round the corner from the train station.

Cons

If you're looking for a first job in Digital ... definitely look elsewhere. Staff pick up lots of bad habits that future employees really frown upon. The MD is very unpleasant. Business is hard to win because of the company's poor reputation.

Advice to Management

You'll need to change the way you work if you want success. It seems like you're just going round in circles without ever exceeding or meeting your own targets.

The Zen Agency2019-11-14

"Interesting and Exciting work"

Current Contractor - Lead Software Engineer in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency for less than a year

Pros

Interesting projects, good communication, friendly staff and CEO and reliable and prompt payment.

Cons

The projects are demanding, but that's the nature of agency work

The Zen Agency2019-06-06

"Fair Employer"

Current Employee - UI-UX Designer in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great central location, excellent working hours ie not required to work overtime often, a good range of global clients covering many sector types, decent office environment, nice team to work with

Cons

too close to the shops to spend money on!

The Zen Agency2019-03-19

"Nice people & good clients"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency for less than a year

Pros

I work for the Zen Agency on a consultancy basis for content strategies and translations. All members of the team are always nice and approachable, plus the studio is very central which is easy for commuting. The agency works with big clients which is definitely a plus to build a portfolio in digital marketing.

Cons

The building is quite old fashioned but this is very common in the city centre of Glasgow.

The Zen Agency2019-02-17

"An established fun, fast paced environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company that has a wealth of experience. Extremely good location. Opportunity to grow and learn as an individual in the creative and development field.

Cons

The coffee shop that is just outside the agency is way too expensive! Have to walk an extra few feet to get one from somewhere else.

Advice to Management

As a new member of staff who has observed the previous comments on this website, I have found that this agency is not all the doom and gloom it is made out to be. It is a typical faced paced agency where you work, learn and grow. Anyone starting out in an agency like this would benefit from it's wealth of knowledge in the digital industry.

The Zen Agency2019-02-01

"Horrible experience"

Former Employee - Developer in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at The Zen Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

None- everything about working here was terrible.

Cons

Everything is terrible. Also - any positive reviews are likely to be fake because the MD always burns his bridges.

Advice to Management

Close.

The Zen Agency2019-02-12

"Please, look elsewhere"

I worked at The Zen Agency full-time

Pros

Location very central, reasonable pay

Cons

CEO behaves in a child like manner, yelling and throwing tantrums at people. This causes an insane staff turnover and anyone daring to challenge the CEO can expect more abuse or being tossed out. Pay is slightly higher but work is dull with plenty of bits and bobs for big name clients and the only real marketing work is done with smaller clients, who receive very poor service. You will get the hairdryer treatment... from them when they feel conned of every penny they have and then again from the CEO who will refuse to take any criticism. Company has been spinning its wheels for over a decade because of this attitude.

Advice to Management

Look inward, people have tried to help you by giving you constructive feedback. This is not a Dickens novel, you can't behave in such an unprofessional way and then wonder why employees are leaving and clients are furious with you.

The Zen Agency2018-12-05

"Dedicated to creating great experiences for clients and users"

Former Contractor - User Experience Consultant in Linthouse, Scotland

I worked at The Zen Agency

Pros

I have recently worked as a UX Consultant with the Zen Agency and have found them to be very professional in their approach and respectful of my specialist skills. They are passionate about providing the very best service to their clients. They are dedicated to creating digital products which exceed client expectations and are highly targeted to user needs.

Cons

None that I can think of.

The Zen Agency2017-07-12

"Working with The Zen Agency"

Graphic/Web Designer & Front-end Developer in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at The Zen Agency

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working with Alan and the team on a freelance basis over the last year and I have been really impressed with the professional manner on how each project is approached. Coming from a freelance perspective, everything is carefully planned out prior to joining a project and a very smooth process. Any larger projects that come my way from my own contacts that i would need a team around me, I... would happily alternatively refer to The Zen Agency.

Cons

In my time working within The Zen Agency offices, I have not came across any issues

The Zen Agency2016-10-06