The Zen Agency Reviews

Updated 11 Sep 2020

3.7
The Zen Agency Managing Director, Owner Alan Ronald
Alan Ronald
  1. "Experienced and happy Head of Engineering at a Robust, Leading Edge Agency"

Current Employee - Head of Development in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

Significant attention to detail and a real focus on delivering for the client.

Cons

Perhaps on the generous side with client requests.

2. COVID-19

"Professional experience"

4.0
    Former Freelancer - User Experience Designer in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at The Zen Agency for less than a year

Pros

Expertise in design sector. Extensive design/development knowledge. Great location. Swift payment. Nice working environment.

Cons

I do not have any cons from my experience. Covid-19 impacted on deliverables and processes, however not many businesses could ever have been fully prepared to deal with the fallout.

"'Open and Interesting Place To Work.'"

Current Freelancer - Social Media Marketing in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency for less than a year

Pros

The Zen Agency is a wonderfully open and transparent place to work. The wealth of experience and knowledge gained from the company's 20 year run makes it the ideal environment for someone looking to learn and grow in their industry. The management's inclusive style of working ensures that new team members are encouraged to contribute at all stages, and that any new ideas are considered. The Zen Agency is a business that invests in it's employee's if they invest in the business. No two days are the same making it a fun and interesting place of work.

Cons

Initial issues with set up and slow internet access which were quickly resolved.

"Interesting and Exciting work"

Current Contractor - Lead Software Engineer in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency for less than a year

Pros

Interesting projects, good communication, friendly staff and CEO and reliable and prompt payment.

Cons

The projects are demanding, but that's the nature of agency work

"Think carefully before working here"

1.0
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at The Zen Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really, I have to say something positive?

Cons

The few months I worked here were awful, I never want to see or here from this company again, but I was lucky and managed to find another position with another Glasgow agency.

"Fair Employer"

Current Employee - UI-UX Designer in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great central location, excellent working hours ie not required to work overtime often, a good range of global clients covering many sector types, decent office environment, nice team to work with

Cons

too close to the shops to spend money on!

"Nice people & good clients"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency for less than a year

Pros

I work for the Zen Agency on a consultancy basis for content strategies and translations. All members of the team are always nice and approachable, plus the studio is very central which is easy for commuting. The agency works with big clients which is definitely a plus to build a portfolio in digital marketing.

Cons

The building is quite old fashioned but this is very common in the city centre of Glasgow.

"An established fun, fast paced environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at The Zen Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company that has a wealth of experience. Extremely good location. Opportunity to grow and learn as an individual in the creative and development field.

Cons

The coffee shop that is just outside the agency is way too expensive! Have to walk an extra few feet to get one from somewhere else.

"Please, look elsewhere"

1.0

I worked at The Zen Agency full-time

Pros

Location very central, reasonable pay

Cons

CEO behaves in a child like manner, yelling and throwing tantrums at people. This causes an insane staff turnover and anyone daring to challenge the CEO can expect more abuse or being tossed out. Pay is slightly higher but work is dull with plenty of bits and bobs for big name clients and the only real marketing work is done with smaller clients, who receive very poor service. You will get the hairdryer treatment from them when they feel conned of every penny they have and then again from the CEO who will refuse to take any criticism. Company has been spinning its wheels for over a decade because of this attitude.

The Zen Agency Response

January 29, 2019Employer

We wondered how log it would take before we got your review. Another failed business development manager who promised the world and delivered nothing. The only one that was unprofessional is yourself.. posting up untruths and lies about why you got fired. these are the facts!

"Working with The Zen Agency"

Graphic/Web Designer & Front-end Developer in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at The Zen Agency

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working with Alan and the team on a freelance basis over the last year and I have been really impressed with the professional manner on how each project is approached. Coming from a freelance perspective, everything is carefully planned out prior to joining a project and a very smooth process. Any larger projects that come my way from my own contacts that i would need a team around me, I would happily alternatively refer to The Zen Agency.

Cons

In my time working within The Zen Agency offices, I have not came across any issues

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews