Theorem Clinical Research Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 2 Jul 2019

3.2
Theorem Clinical Research President and CEO John G. Potthoff
John G. Potthoff

"Proposal Development at Theorem"

Current Employee - Senior Proposal Manager in London, England

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Global Proposal Development team (and more extensively, Corporate Development) at Theorem is fantastic to work for! I have been with the company for close to 10 years and started off as a pretty green employee, new to the research industry. I have received great support from our team management, who really strive to ensure we feel like a cohesive team. There has been great encouragement of my personal growth and the whole team mantra is one of cooperation and support. The working environment is flexible and also really encourages using initiative to help make our work more efficient.

Cons

Like with any CRO, hours are tough and this is a deadline driven team, so proposals is not for you if you cannot be flexible with your working hours and work late on occasion!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! It's wonderful to know you work for a team where you really trust the management and know they will support you!

Theorem Clinical Research2015-06-25

"Still loving it!!"

Current Employee - Proposal Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've just completed my probationary period & have to say that Theorem's onboarding processes from day one were fantastic. I've worked in the CRO industry for over 25 years & this has been the best experience by far. I work remotely but the IT support & training facilities were excellent. Training is all on-line so it's done at your own pace and available to repeat the courses & ask questions from the training team as needed. I was assigned a peer reviewer from day one & after 6 months have now graduated from this process. They really do ensure that you're armed with the right tools & knowledge to set you on your way! My team all work remote (Asia Pac, EU & US) but our management team work extremely hard to ensure that we all gel together as a team by having weekly global team calls, 1-2-1 calls, peer review calls, lync & yammer are also great connecting tools. The management pull together a global team calendar & monthly newsletters where we share memories of our 'life outside of Theorem'. A great place to work :)

Cons

Yes there's long working hours but hey that's the nature of the beast - we are a CRO!!

Advice to Management

Would like to have more opportunity to meet other staff face to face.

Theorem Clinical Research2015-06-25
  3. "Good"

Former Employee - CRA

I worked at Theorem Clinical Research full-time

Pros

Great company to work for, do it

Cons

None- not a bad company to work for.

Theorem Clinical Research2019-07-02
  4. "Programmers"

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research full-time

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

No issues. I liked working.

Theorem Clinical Research2018-10-26
  5. "Clinical Data Analyst"

I worked at Theorem Clinical Research full-time

Pros

Flexible timing, good location, good project manager, friendly environment

Cons

need better method of operation, not good canteen

Theorem Clinical Research2016-06-28
  6. "My views on Theorem"

Current Employee - Clinical Data Analyst I in Bangalore

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Place to Learn all Technical Skills. Friendly Environment. Best CRO ever worked till now.

Cons

Facilities has to improve as of now.

Advice to Management

Please Improve the Facilities to the employees.

Theorem Clinical Research2015-08-20

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research

Pros

Home working, flexibility ...... You don't often get that. Management are switched on and genuinely care about the staff. No complaints

Cons

Not many really. Training programme when you first start is tough ...... Especially as you have to hit the road running

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Perhaps think up a new way to reward staff going the extra mile for you

Theorem Clinical Research2015-08-09

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers, flexibility of being home-based, good recognition and support from management, interesting work

Cons

Fast paced and some long hours due to tight deadlines can be stressful at times

Theorem Clinical Research2015-06-24

"An Exciting Place to Work"

Intern in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Theorem Clinical Research

Pros

The culture at Theorem is just what you would look for in a company. I’m considered a temp (been around almost six months) and as far as the way people treat me, I feel like I’m full time. There are reasons for this both professional and personal. On a professional standpoint, even as an intern my voice matters. When working on projects with people who have been around for years, I am given opportunities to significantly contribute. I have been given opportunity upon opportunity to be recognized by senior management (which is always cool no matter what level you are). If I am lucky enough to stay with this company, I see my career advancing swiftly (not to mention that the company is also growing swiftly). On a personal standpoint, the people here make you want to stay. All levels of employees are personal and welcoming (even when the CEO is in town he keeps his office door open). You’re even aloud to dress casual to work! Most importantly people are simply friendly. Just yesterday I spent about an hour after work chatting with a coworker of mine. Although your time out of the office is wanted and certainly needed, you don’t necessarily itch for it all day long. That is a feeling that not a lot of companies can offer.

Cons

To be frank the biggest con about my job is the commute, but that has nothing to do with the actual work. Other than that, the cons of a company usually fall upon specific and individual preferences. For example, if you work at Theorem your job won’t necessarily be structured. The company is fast paced and you’ll probably get a lot of different things thrown your way. I think this makes the job exciting, others may not. Understandably, some people prefer structure.

Advice to Management

I say this not because I see it happening, but because it is simply worth stating. Theorem has a great culture. Management will need to ensure that this culture does not get lost with the rapid growth of the company. Make sure it never gets “too corporate” and keep the friendly/personable mentality!

Theorem Clinical Research2015-06-24
  10. "Positive, Fast Paced, Lots of Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Positive atmosphere, devoted employees, innovative senior management team, lots of opportunity for growth in current job and also regional employment options, diverse environment with many skill sets coming together

Cons

Very fast paced--if you are not one who thrives under pressure, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Due to the growth of the company in the past few years, some departments are understaffed and need more resources.

Theorem Clinical Research2015-06-19