Thomas International Reviews

Found 175 of over 187 reviews

3.3
Thomas International CEO Sabby Gill
Sabby Gill
Pros
  • "Great leadership, Great people, fun work environment(in 9 reviews)

• "Good social atmosphere and lots of experience within the management team(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/Life balance can be compromised particularly when on leave(in 10 reviews)

• "Thomas is a fast-paced place to work(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Company

Jul 30, 2021 - Head of Sales Enablement in Marlow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, collaborative, innovative, caring for employees, great communication flow, strong leadership,

Cons

Thomas is a small company that is experiencing some of the growing pains you would expect of a business its size. It is working towards but needs to fix a lot of its operational processes and but otherwise a fantastic company.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I Feel Lucky to be Here

Feb 4, 2021 - Sales Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ambitious sales targets and growth expectations, but Thomas care about their people.

Cons

Challenging market conditions and you have to accept some level of constant change

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to comment and provide the feedback which is invaluable to the Senior Leadership team. Your comments reinforce our approach and the 2021 objective which has the highest level of interest from our colleagues which was to "Make Thomas a great place to work". The approach to open, transparent and regular communication will continue, we also appreciate the comment around ensuring we listen to the feedback and our most recent employee opinion survey closed on the 4th Feb and we will be asking a team of colleagues to actively be involved in reviewing the feedback and driving the recommendations for the Senior Leadership Team. Our number one priority is and will always continue to be the safety and welfare of our employees and their families and accommodate whatever level of flexibility is required during this pandemic. Sabby Gill CEO

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Making progress

May 5, 2021 - Sales Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Achievable targets, Good senior leadership support Strong focus on Inclusion since new CEO appointed International Business more part of Team Thomas New people being hired in crucial support roles, Rev Ops/ BDRs/Enablement Investment in tools and systems

Cons

A bit slow in getting things done No Salary increase or Bonus this year Product Strategy unclear - still selling HUB Internationally - but no clear roadmap Would like to get new product within International Markets Corporate teams are getting better, but still tendency to think UK first

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review. It is great to see the recognition on the progress we are making as a business and identifying some of the major investments we are making as a business. We continue to push ahead with operational excellence and have significantly invested in the operations team and realigned several groups across the business to ensure that our speed of getting and making decisions with consistent processes and cadence. We've introduced a number of specific objectives across the company this year that provide focus on both UK and International markets, the introduction of our new platform and continued investment in Hub (existing platform) shows our continued focus on our customers. We now have built our product roadmaps for our portfolio of products and our continued focus on strategy will continue to ensure we look further afield. We appreciate the time taken on leaving the reviews and encourage more, only then can we assess what we need to do differently and this is something that is at the heart and focus for me and the leadership team. Sabby Gill (CEO)

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Friendly company that is going places

Mar 12, 2021 - Product Marketing Manager in Marlow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thomas is a great place to work - it's not perfect, but nowhere is. The leadership team recognises that there is work to do on systems and processes, but has assembled a crack team of individuals to work on this. The business is full of great, friendly and welcoming people - everyone collaborates well, with few silos in place around the business. I love that our weekly company meeting begins with plenty of friendly banter, and that people from all over the business with varying levels of tenure get involved - it's not just an "old boys club". The culture is good here - lots of people wanting to get involved in fun initiatives as well as fundraising for charities. Everything from growing moustaches for Movember, to raising money for Smart Works, a charity that helps women to get back into work, to running Christmas-themed quizzes, to hosting regular diversity and inclusion talks with guest speakers to inspire us. We've got a good senior leadership team - all exceptionally clever, good at their jobs, and very personable. They have the company and the people's best interests in mind when making decisions. They're actively trying to improve the company while adding value to our investors and customers, without having a negative impact on employees. Fantastic product - it's still a work in progress, but has huge potential. I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe in it! There's a big focus on employee wellbeing and mental health - such an important thing, and it comes from the CEO down. We've recently trained a large number of Mental Health First Aiders, and enjoyed a "Wellbeing Day" (aka free day off). When in the office (remember those days?!) we have decent facilities in good locations (Marlow and Central London that I've been to). Good coffee machines, comfy chairs and desks, plus fresh fruit and snacks provided. We all work hard, but people are recognised for this, and the leadership team are very conscious of encouraging a good work/life balance. During the pandemic, some people across the business were furloughed, and we agreed to take temporary voluntary pay reductions (that have since been reversed as the outlook has improved) to protect the company's cashflow. These were eminently sensible decisions that were not taken lightly, and enabled us to keep going through the pandemic and subsequent economic downturn. Many other businesses around the country had to take similar actions, but not all have come out the other side as we have.

Cons

It feels like we were trying to run before we could walk with our new product, but this has since been recognised and reined in. Everyone's excited about the potential of the new platform and the value that it does already give, as well as what it will give once it has the full functionality that we and our customers want. The benefits package could do with expanding - it's not awful by any stretch of the imagination, but there are plenty of other organisations giving better benefits to their employees. It's the first place I've ever worked without Death In Service benefit (in over 25 years in IT), which may seem minor, but is something I'm very conscious of. However, I know that the HR team are working on sorting out the benefits including this.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and provide so much valuable information and acknowledgement of all the "Pros" that have been referenced, there are so many that show the level of commitment from Thomas to deliver on the 2021 Objective and executive commitment of "Make Thomas A Great Place To Work". Thank you also for the advice to Management and we will continue to focus and ensure we continue to praise all employees across the company and are grateful to the engineering team on a job well done (so far - still lots to do - which I am excited to see delivered). We have a great group of employees and colleagues and I am proud to be the leader of an exceptional company. Sabby Gill CEO

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

I love working at Thomas

Feb 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thomas is full of talent and has a very supportive and open culture which has been particularly evident over the last 12 months. Advice and feedback is welcomed and even encouraged and very often results in positive change. The SLT, HR and managers truly care about the employees and wellbeing is a top priority which is seen throughout the entire business. There are a lot of negative reviews which ultimately I don’t agree with and mostly come from ex employees rather than current and I don’t think they represent Thomas accurately.

Cons

The pay could be more competitive.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for our comments and recognition that everyone is taking employee engagement extremely seriously and are doing more than just talking about. Having a strategy under these uncertain times for our employees and colleagues is imperative and "Making Thomas A Great Place To Work" was voted as the top strategic objective by our employees and I am glad to see the positive feedback that reinforces that we are "walking the walk". We will continue this focus and momentum and will not let up in anyway. With regard to the comment around being competitive with pay, I commit to ensuring that we have competitive levelling, benefits and grading within the company and that includes external salary benchmarking. Sabby Gill CEO

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work; a culture of trust, transparency and professionalism

Sep 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since Guy took on the role of interim CEO back in December, he has worked hard to create a culture of trust, transparency and professionalism. This culture is evident in the strong bonds that colleagues have, and the close contact senior management have with people in all areas and levels of the business. Employees are passionate about what they do - they work hard and with enthusiasm. Despite most of the company working remotely due to covid, there's still a great atmosphere and lots of collaborative working where people want. Guy has a forward-thinking approach around flexible working and other employee needs, which has made the covid-period much easier to deal with. There's always been opportunities for career development, and this will only increase following the launch of the new platform.

Cons

Covid has thrown up some challenges, but these were managed successfully by Guy and senior management.

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

An Enjoyable Experience

Feb 12, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training at Thomas was excellent and helped me to prepare for a sales role which was a position I was not as experienced in. They were able to take someone who did not have much experience in sales and no experience in psychoanalytical assessments and help me to succeed in closing deals.

Cons

Sometimes, due to the nature of sales work, you do come across the odd snake in the grass

Head of HR

You comments really resonated with me. It is great to see Thomas Assessments in Action. The assessment that you took must have highlighted something around your behaviour, personality and or aptitude that people miss when they just look at experience, skills and qualifications. The fact that you had little sales experience and or background in psychometrics and you've enjoyed your time with us and were successful in closing out some deals, is perfect. So great to see and I wish you the very best and continuous success. Sabby Gill CEO

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive, Supportive Environment

Feb 12, 2021 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good eye on development Supportive colleagues Great global initiatives Vision that can be bought into

Cons

Due to the pandemic it is difficult to have regular social catch-ups as a company

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for our comments and recognition around the positive support that is in place for our employees across Thomas. "Making Thomas A Great Place To Work" was voted as the top strategic objective by our employees. You cannot achieve and focus on something like that without an openness from your employees, and a culture that instils "belief" that things can and will be different and that all our employees that belong to Team Thomas are important. I also very much look forward to the opportunity to speak to and see our teams across the globe, since becoming CEO I have not had the opportunity to visit any of our International offices and customers. Whilst I absolutely appreciate that technology has changed the way we will interact in the future, I do still strongly believe that you can't beat good old human and social interaction. Sabby Gill CEO

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company, culture and benefits

Nov 18, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and culture with amazing assessments that really help us to get the best out of our people. Thomas has evolved and 'grown up' over the last few years and all for the better. It's managed to retain it's people focus whilst still driving hard for big gains. The management's approach since Covid-19 has remained transparent and consistent, whilst working hard to focus the whole company on health and wellbeing, in particular mental health. They also ensure the focus is on the productivity and output, allowing us all to manage our days as preferred. There are numerous social committee and cultural activities taking place, even if just over Zoom, which really helps to cement team bonding especially as we're all remote working, but there is no pressure to partake which can sometimes be the case in other companies.

Cons

There is always so much going on it can be hard to keep up, especially as our Tech & Engineering teams continue to develop our tools and platforms. Recognition for a job well done can be improved upon, and I know it's something managers are trying to get better at. Thomas suffers from it's own success in that the pace in which things evolve leave little time to celebrate and the major wins can over shadow the marginal gains. It's also the best and worst thing being in a business full of high talent - it allows us to learn from each other but is hard to shine amongst so many stars!

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We take great pride at Thomas International in our culture, beliefs and values. They are part of our DNA and we strive for making sure that they are exhibited in everything we do. The support that you identified during Covid and ensuring that every employees safety, security as well as both physical and mental health remained front and centre for the entire leadership team. We all appreciate that the 2nd lockdown was harder for most than the first and with it being so close to Christmas, and the uncertainty it brought was difficult. We’ll continue to do everything in our power to keep this as our number 1 priority. Thank you also for highlighting the great work done by the various teams within Thomas International. The Tech and Engineering teams have been instrumental in the release of our new Thomas Platform and they continue to do great work in ensuring that innovation continues in all the subsequent releases and plans for the future. I appreciate the comment around recognition, and we’ve agreed to extend some of the End of Year awards to a wider group of winners as well as included new categories to reflect on the great contribution by so many people through “unprecedented times” – thank for holding us accountable. Sabby Gill (CEO)

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A future of possibilities and a strong culture build on values and ethics

Oct 13, 2020 - Training in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This business is splitting at the seams with intelligent and talented individuals passionate about personal and organisational success.

Cons

Is it a con that we work at pace? I dont think so but sometimes communication can suffer because we are all trying our best but this has improved immensely.

4 people found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to respond and also call out some of the erroneous comments that are being posted and not reflective of Thomas International as we are now. I've been in role as CEO now since 1st October. What you describe is absolutely my same observations, I have been impressed during my over 120+ (so far) 1:1's with just how many smart, passionate, committed individuals; and oh not to mention really intellectually intelligent individuals. I am so lucky to lead such a great organisation and I value you and your support. THANK YOU. Sabby Gill (CEO)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 175 Reviews