Thomas International Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.3
Thomas International CEO Amir Qureshi
Amir Qureshi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Since joining Thomas everyone has been really friendly and welcoming within the business" (in 5 reviews)

• "The management team are accessible and approachable" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/Life balance can be compromised particularly when on leave" (in 9 reviews)

• "If you want to work for a business that does not value long-serving people then this place is it" (in 3 reviews)

"Exciting & Innovative"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time

Pros

Thomas is going through a huge period of growth and is transitioning from a family owned to a PE backed business.

As you can imagine there is a lot of change, however, the CEO & SLT always ensured that everyone is kept up to date as much as possible with changes and business updates, through town hall meetings, weekly stand - ups and company events.

The business is going from strength to strength and the CEO and SLT are passionate about our people and improving engagement. Today is a great example of how they are bringing Team Thomas together... the Zoomathon!

Thomas is a fun, exciting and innovative business with the potential to do even more amazing things.

Cons

Thomas is still going through a period of change and transition, but the CEO & SLT are supporting all of the team members throughout this.

As we continue to grow and evolve as a business, we are continuing to refine processes, but this will come in time. Thomas has made great progress this year.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Open communication, remain approachable, give team members a voice and ensure collaboration across all departments.

"Complete Shambles"

I worked at Thomas International full-time

Pros

Staff are so friendly - not the management.

Cons

Management are the most two faced I've ever come across in my career.

Completely unorganized can't even seem to get a simple task like setting targets or paying commission correctly.

Managers are either bully's or just scared of the senior leadership team, no support offered just poor managerial style and appaling approach to 121's.

Advice to Management

Stop bringing in new people (staff & management) focus on what you have already and nurturing that environment. Thomas sells psychometric assessments and 'helps' other companies with their in house issues - maybe start practicing what you preach.

"Slave"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in London, England

I worked at Thomas International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None - Hated the job, colleagues were fun to work with though

Cons

Management is weak - they slave you and congratulate you one day hate you the next - you will find yourself working WAY more than your contracted hours and its seen as a must

Advice to Management

fix up

"Poorly"

Former Employee - Sales in Marlow, England
    Former Employee - Sales in Marlow, England

I worked at Thomas International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location isn't that bad

Cons

Unprofessional
    Poorly Managed
    Most employees are of low-level intelligence with superiority complexes
    Disorganised beyond belief for a business

Advice to Management

Start again?

"Don’t know what they’re doing"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time

Pros

The people (not management), casual dress

Cons

expected long hours, expect you to attend every event you are invited to, do not care for your opinion, no trust, absolutely no support, two faced people looking to keep themselves in senior management’s favour, when you speak your mind, your cards are marked

"Great company, toxic leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England

I have been working at Thomas International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- We have some fantastic tools and instruments that can really help businesses to change for the better
    - There are still a number of awesome people working at Thomas, but this is under threat
    - The potential for change in the business is exciting, if the right leader can be found

Cons

The CEO is a bully who has no respect for people. His behaviour is emotionally erratic and manipulative, being Mr Nice Guy one moment and then driving people to tears the next. He claims to have an open-door policy, but that door is a one-way route to the exit, as has been shown by the disappearance of anyone who dares cross him (although he will tell you that they are all useless). He is personally responsible for the high staff turnover and declining morale since the start of 2018.

Advice to Management

Get a proper CEO who cares about the people, who can motivate and inspire them to grow the company the way the shareholders want.

"Needs improvement"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Thomas International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great tools. Pockets of brilliance

Cons

senior team was incompetent. All the great people left. Hopefully, it has improved since bringing on a new senior team.

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest

"Clueless"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Thomas International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing anymore getting worse with more people changing things for the worse. Feel for Palamon

Cons

Too many to say. Continuing to over promise and under delivery.

Advice to Management

Give up

Thomas International Response

16 May 2018 – CEO

Thank you for taking your time to express how you feel although without any specific detail it is impossible for me to comment. Clearly you are not enjoying being part of the Thomas family so please... More

"5 years in"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Thomas is constantly changing and the pace of change has increases every year. We've recently been acquired by a PE firm which looks likely to accelerate a huge part of our operations, which is very exciting. The new Chairman has made a great impression very quickly and went out of his way to spend time with every team and visit every regional office in the UK so far. Our senior team has changed quite a bit in the past 12 months; our CEO delivered at the most professional, truly global conference we've ever had and recent new joiners like the International MD and UK Sales Director are building on our company culture positively with their prior experience bringing new perspectives and ways of doing things. Career development is excellent, there are frequent internal promotions, secondment opportunities and a collaborative management peer group.

Cons

Due to everyone's ambitions we can jump ahead of ourselves and perhaps take on too much at once and the constant change can be tough for people who want very detailed clarity quite frequently.

Advice to Management

Continue being accessible, it differentiates Thomas from many other companies. Maintain the 'global' feel off the back of the recent conference, it was very engaging.

"Engaging company that cares about it's employees"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time

Pros

Provides opportunity to grow.
    Promotes from within.
    Inclusive SLT.

Cons

There is currently a lot of change which is exciting but at the moment is resulting in a lack of clarity.