Thomas Sanderson Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Thomas Sanderson is a good company to work for which pays good commission" (in 10 reviews)

• "The constant training and support i have received is second to none, the product is excellent and everyone in the company is so willing to help" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "top designers get best appointments" (in 3 reviews)

• "Price the customer high and continue to make false style calls to 'management' and obtain justified yet fake reductions to close the deal" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Sales Designer"

Current Employee - SALES DESIGNER
    Current Employee - SALES DESIGNER

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson (More than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say 'I love my job'

Before joining Thomas Sanderson I was stuck in abit of a rut after working in my previous role of a recruitment consultant for 8 years. To move into this role it was personally a big step as I had no sales experience but knew I was impressed with the company.

The initial training was brilliant, lots to learn but made me confident about the products and quality service TS offer.

It did take me around 2 months to get on my feet however the £300 top up payments did help support me. The life in sales is very up and down however the ups definitely out way the lows. I have a good relationship with my manager who is always on hand to offer support and training.

Cons

I have now worked here for 18 months and can honestly say wouldn't look back.

2. "Disappointment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterlooville, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterlooville, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility and some good managers

Cons

Incompetent management who fail to act, to change and to listen, they live in the past and when things go wrong it`s the employees who have to bear the consequences. Ad hoc, random ideas without thinking them through, then changing them a week later when it turns out they didn`t work. They want to do everything in the same way they did 25 years ago and do not understand why it wouldn`t work. Constant redundancies multiple time over the year, because when they realise they didn`t make a profit, their solution is to get rid of people. Their answer to everything is `you have to understand the business needs`. Process changes almost weekly, no forward planning and they panic when things hit the fan. Promotion is based on internal friendships rather than skills and competencies.

Advice to Management

Start taking responsibility for your own incompetence

3. "Sales"

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible.... this is what your competitors say full stop.

Cons

If this company was ethical to what they sell to customers and the way they do it ! I’d still be there Total lack of professionalism love selling you a false dream... some people have been here a while and they clearly don’t have any morals.

Advice to Management

Find ways of being honest to what you do ! Your aren’t the monopoly of the blinds and shutter world far from it. Your credibility if customers knew how you work and sell to them would be ruined and without the money from Hunter Douglas you would for sure, have been a none stater.

"Good Company - Poor Pay"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Thomas Sanderson (Less than a year)

Pros

Good initial product training - they pay for training and support you with a payment for first 7 weeks.
    Good range of products and relatively easy to learn features and benefits of products.
    Arrange your own time to work.
    Senior managers all great to work for but they are not your managers and they cannot see what goes on in your teams.

Cons

Poor appointments, areas one needs to travel to at times is ridiculous when another sales person will be travelling to a road 2 minutes away from where you live. Told constantly by manager to open up more evenings and weekends or they will recruit. They recruit all year round! Lots of favouritism within my team, don't expect to make a great wage unless you've been there for a good few years. The money will barely get you by.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth, don't hide behind smoky mirrors. Listen when someone is whistle blowing, its for a reason! Revisit the ways you operate and embrace change. Senior managers need to listen to raised concerns. your managers will be your downfall.

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Thomas Sanderson (Less than a year)

Pros

I can’t think of any

Cons

Company of con artist
    Will sell customers products that don’t exist then cancel order when due to be fitted

Advice to Management

Improve customer service.
    Appreciate the impact you extremely poor customer service & standards had on customer

"Most i've ever earnt!"

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time

Pros

Doesn't feel like work to me, it's just a case of talking to customers, finding out their needs and providing the perfect solution to them! Our products in my eyes are the very best in the market so this makes it easy to sell because I know our products are worth it and really can transform a customers home along with our world class service! The training I received and support from my manager and others in the business is amazing - it really does feel like one big family at Thomas Sanderson, I'm so pleased I took the risk and moved here when I did, it's the most I have ever earned. Like any sales role it can be a roller-coaster but the highs have definitely outweighed the lows!

Cons

You do get days where you won't have appointments however I have used this time to generate my own business leads which you make more commission off

7. "Design Sales Consultant"

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Thomas Sanderson for 4 months now and i am absolutely loving it. The constant training and support i have received is second to none, the product is excellent and everyone in the company is so willing to help. When i started the interview process was really professional, i was interviewed and offered a place on the 5 day induction course the following week. It was really thorough and the passion they had made me really excited to be joining. I was a little skeptical at first as i thought it might be too good to be true but the commission and bonuses i have made already has been amazing. It was explained to me before i joined that i would be required to work evenings and weekends as this is the busiest period and this is fine by me and together with my manager we plan my diary to make sure i have a good work life balance. There has been ongoing training which has been really helpful and my area and regional manager are always checking in on me to see how i'm doing. The commission structure is really good and there is a payment scheme in place for the first few weeks when you start which helps take the pressure of commission only off you when you are very new. I have now found my feet but it was nice to have in the beginning. Overall i am very happy i decided to join and it really is a case of getting out what you put in.

Cons

None that i can think of so far

8. "Sales Designer"

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time

Pros

good training and OK management

Cons

Poor quality appointments and the company's products are priced too high for majority of customers. As a Design Consultant a 45% discount is allowed but this means 2% commission and that isn't enough to live on. top designers get best appointments

"Wouldn't go back ...."

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Basingstoke, England
    Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Basingstoke, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, good product training, commission paid quickly, the product is, without a doubt, excellent.

Cons

Commission only, leads often very poor, work life balance is not considered (you want a day OFF??)
    Its direct sales, its exploitative and hard to make a living (I did by the way) and its absolutely knackering

Advice to Management

Hmmm, not sure there's much point advising management as they are doing very well out of the system so unlikely to change

"Field Sales Represebtative"

Pros

Excellent and very well supported training. Lots of encouragement from manager and team and really good products and sales kit.

Cons

Dont know what you are doing until night before, long appointments, late nights and not local to cover. Very hard work/life balance

Advice to Management

Look to sell products local to sales rep and advanced appointments so can plan life better