Thomas Sanderson Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomas Sanderson Reviews

Updated 16 Sep 2019

Found 29 reviews

Thomas Sanderson CEO  (no image)
Pros
  • "Thomas Sanderson is a good company to work for which pays good commission(in 10 reviews)

• "The constant training and support i have received is second to none, the product is excellent and everyone in the company is so willing to help(in 4 reviews)

1. "Fantastic company"

Former Employee - Direct Sales Advisor in Waterlooville, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for wages good lots if incentives

Cons

Company relocated up north so unfortunately got made redundant

Advice to Management

They need to communicate more to the people who keep the business running and not the favourites

Thomas Sanderson2019-09-16
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Waterlooville, England

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team at the time whilst I was there Great people

Cons

Long Hours Poor employee benefits Office in need of modernising

Advice to Management

Improve work-life balance by introducing flexible working

Thomas Sanderson2019-07-11

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is ok for the hours.

Cons

First of all, when you first start it seems like a dream come true but very soon the cracks show. Working in recruitment having to lie to people who were interested in roles when we knew full well theyre was no appointments and as a company that prides itself on intergity is poor. Was made to work on my own in an office on Saturdays for 3 hours which is fine other than most of the time the building was never open... so I would have to stand on my own in an empty industrial estate, same as for when working late nights till 7 in the winter when it is pitch black, does not help that there is no streetlights which makes you feel vulnerable. You are Lied to and promised your job is safe when the next day you have a smug boss telling you that you're gonna be made redundant. Manager in office is a very snobby and down right nasty lady, couldn't run a team, just got involved in nasty gossip. You go into work everyday dreading if she is in a bad mood as you will be given menial jobs so she can sit on her phone and browse the internet at her lesuire and will treat older members off staff with no respect, maybe too young and inexperienced to be in such a high position. Staff are constantly told to be positive and if you tell management you have concerns you are told to stop "putting the cat amount the pigeons". The office staff seem very nice when you first start until you have any sort of issue at all, god forbit you are in any way poorly as you will be taken into the office and made to feel ashamed and guilty for being poorly.. They are all 2 faced and if your face doesn't fit. You're a goner Not really anything good to say about the company and as for the directors. One of the female directors was a kind and patient lady, as for the man, well he seemed to get a kick out of telling a team of 4. Including a pregnant lady who was crying her eyes out that we were out of a job, just sat there with a smile, which added insult to injury. The previous officer manager was a very lovely man, he was very approachable but unfortunately was never there to be able to offer support from other nasty members off staff. Which meant you felt very unsupported.

Advice to Management

Growing a heart might help, other than that, they're beyond helo

Thomas Sanderson2019-01-21
  4. "Awful company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in London, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay. Some nice people who work there. Modern working. Get to meet new people.

Cons

They promise you the world then tear it apart right in front of you. Managers are petty and downright cruel, unnecessarily cruel at that. If you’re in the good books or ‘clique’ you get treated like a king. If you have a free mind, you’re treated like a slave.

Advice to Management

Advice? Get rid of your management team and actually employ those with people skills and a heart!

Thomas Sanderson2019-01-18
  5. "The hell itself"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterlooville, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have met some of the most precious people here, intelligent, smart, brilliant colleagues who would deserve much better than a call centre. Previous management was flexible and supportive (some of them) and treated employees as human beings.

Cons

Current management is a bunch of liars, absolute zero respect to the people working there. They think employees are idiots and disposable bolts in a machine. They keep telling you how important you are and the future is bright, but in reality, they don`t care about you, they only care about their own pockets and sell their employees out for pennies. Redundancy after redundancy (3 already this year only) and they... make sure to push expert seniors and competent managers out so they can do whatever they want. One day they tell you that everything is fine and there is a great future for the company, the next day your job is gone and they say sorry with a huge smile on their face. After making a quarter of their workforce redundant earlier this year they sent out communication to ask people `tell us how you embrace change and what would you celebrate` - while people didn`t know whether they will be the next tomorrow to lose their jobs. It doesn`t matter what you do or what you know, it only matters who you know and how far up you kissed yourself. Don`t come up with any ideas because they will take it, present it as their own and step over you in a second. I`m glad that finally the whole place is moving elsewhere and shuts down soon, it was the hell itself for the last couple of years.

Advice to Management

I`m sure it would be moderated out if I gave my honest advice

Thomas Sanderson2018-11-30

"Wouldn't go back ...."

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Basingstoke, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible, good product training, commission paid quickly, the product is, without a doubt, excellent.

Cons

Commission only, leads often very poor, work life balance is not considered (you want a day OFF??) Its direct sales, its exploitative and hard to make a living (I did by the way) and its absolutely knackering

Advice to Management

Hmmm, not sure there's much point advising management as they are doing very well out of the system so unlikely to change

Thomas Sanderson2017-12-04

"Sales Designer"

Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Orpington, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good commission and supportive team and technical support. Great basic payment for first 7 weeks to get you started. Good for people new to sales and good place to start career good learning curve. Good office staff very helpful.

Cons

Not very flexible, inexperienced managers using school ground tactics of manipulation & favouritism. The top sales people seem to get the best appointments, keeping the status quo

Advice to Management

Be honest and fair to new beginners and help them grow, listen to both sides of the story when there is a dispute.

Thomas Sanderson2017-10-04
  8. "Loved this company"

Former Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Sandbach, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fabulous Training and support, regular meetings, amazing incentives and really generous commission structure. Products easy to sell as they are the best I have ever seen and my customers loved them

Cons

I didn't want to leave but personal circumstances said I had too. I know the door is open and cannot wait to go back : )

Thomas Sanderson2017-06-19

"Not what you're told in training."

Current Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of free time (too much), if you get a lucky sale from a customer with money to burn you'll get a decent wedge from it. Training bonus for 7 weeks is rather good, but believe me you'll need this and you'll panic after week 7.

Cons

Unsociable hours, hardly any appointments, overpriced products which 95% of people cannot afford, you will be embarrassed every single time you present a price to the customer. You are told you'll get 10-15 appointments per week, I'm lucky to get 4, some weeks I've had 1 or 2 and my diary is completely open 7 days a week all 3 slots, product is hard to sell as is way beyond what other companies charge and you have... to discount so much that you'll end up with nothing, to get your RPA monthly bonus you need to have had 20 appointments in the month, only one of my training colleagues managed this. Lots of wasted time with terrible appointments. Unless you have a very well thought out own business plan it will be a waste of your time, and remember you're selling £1000's of products so own business is not easy to generate for anyone. You have to attend regular meetings which could be well over an hour away. Very high turnover of staff (there's reasons for this). Overall very disappointed. Also to add on 2/3 occasions I've been underpaid. There's 2/7 left from my training group, everyone was in high spirits in our training, most of which have left the company within first 2 months. I think mainly my dissatisfaction mainly revolves around not getting my 5 appointments per week, getting 2/3 per week will unlikely get you any commission, and if you sell at 40/50% discount and it "goes towards your RPA", I won't get an RPA bonus anyway because I hadn't reached 20 appointments... therefore without own business sales you'll be earning next to nothing after week 7.

Advice to Management

Well..

Thomas Sanderson2017-06-14

"good"

Former Employee - Advisor in Waterlooville, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great salary, good vibe, fun

Cons

management push for targets but its sales

Advice to Management

none

Thomas Sanderson2017-02-21