Thomas Sanderson Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Designer"

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good diary system and nice staff

Cons

Appointment quality is very poor. Earnings are not good in comprasison to other direct sales roles RPA bonus can't be achieved due to quality of appointment effecting it!
    Lied to at interview about the earnings figures and performances hidden till you have done the trainning, then you quickly see the numbers don't add up and no one is making real money!

Product is hugely overpriced
    Ridiculous amount of sales kit

£23k a year job once you have taken your exspenses out car etc which for 11pm finishes and a 6 day week just isn't worth it!

Most people who are happy there are either semi retired or new to sales.

If your from a direct sales background don't bother you can earn much more else where!

Advice to Management

Margins are huge offer better rates especially for London!
    Get some proper sales managers!

"Don't waste your time"

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training. Well looked after at their training academy in Coventry with hotel and food provided. They make you feel you'll be the next millionaire!

Cons

Very overpriced products and you are expected to give unjustifiable huge discounts that turn off people from buying. Appointments are ridiculously far away from your home address and few are good quality. Central London is the worst place as parking is difficult and the sales kit is extremely heavy and too many samples to carry.

Advice to Management

Simplify your processes and design software. Be more transparent with sales designers and customers.

29 Nov 2016 – Senior Sales Coordinator

Thank you for your review, we are continually trying to improve our designers experience and will take your feedback into account. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further please... More

"Smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Marketing in Waterlooville, England
    Former Employee - Marketing in Waterlooville, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The friendly family culture pulled me in. Clearly the business knew they needed to change but then as the problems unraveled there are so many holes that management simply pass the blame, rather than helping to fix the problem.

Cons

Poor management, poor recruitment of skills, lack of resource, poor communication, lack of identity... Completely agree with the previous negative comment. Despite a smoke screen of blue-sky change, in reality there won't be any change.

Advice to Management

Face up to the issues and invest in resolving them. Listen to your staff - support your team and they will support you. There are some poisonous characters at all levels, who are driving the poor performance. These people are well known, yet no one does anything about them.

22 Sep 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Hello and thank you for writing the review, which obviously I wish had demonstrated a more positive experience. I can't comment in terms of the specifics and can only say that this is not the... More

"Sales Designer"

Pros

Excellent Quality Training, Great Products, Some Really Good People To Work With.
    Management Team is all about support and teamwork, But some managers are not....

Cons

If you join this company, PLEASE make sure you can work with your manager, This person will determine if you succeed or fail in this business. He or She will control your appointments and can be very selective with them.
    It is also very important that you can GENERATE your own business if you do not you will fail.
    Please also be aware that you are also at the mercy of the fitters, who are self employed contractors and can easily cause problems with customers that you have sold
    Product is OVER priced as you end up having to discount quite savagely to sell on the day of the appointment.
    Be Aware it is ALL about selling on the day of the appointment. You have very little time to make a sale with a customer after you have completed the first appointment

Advice to Management

Please make sure that ALL management teams are working within the correct processes and procedures.

1 Aug 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Hello and thank you for your review. Direct sales is a difficult role and the experiences of one person to another can vary dramatically (even when those people work in the same team)
    You are right... More

"Over priced but decent quality."

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time

Pros

Earning potential is good but you'll need to work for it. Provide a good quality service. Wooden shutters are excellent. The rest, you can buy equal quality at half the price. They paid commission owed 6 months after I left.

Cons

Product is over priced and you will need to use manipulative tactics to get your customers to sign on the day. Despite doing very well there, I had to fight for commission and my sales manager was weak. Too many appointments not well enough qualified meaning that hours are wasted miles away from home while you wait for the next appointment. Sell your soul, work like a dog with little back up and you might do ok.

8 Jun 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Hello and I appreciate you taking the time to write down your thoughts about your time at Thomas Sanderson.
    It doesn't sound as though you left on positive terms and I am sorry about that.
    As... More

7. "Fantastic products and sales career opportunities"

Current Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Coventry, England

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant training, support ongoing, friendly management.
    Top quality appointments supplied by companies like Laura Ashley, Fired Earth etc.
    Brilliant rewards and amazing incentives.

Cons

None so far - it's down tu us as individuals to make the most of the opportunities we are given.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

6 May 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Hello and thank you for your review. We have now secured an enhanced profile which allows us to respond to reviews personally- which is great!

8. "Great company"

Pros

Thomas Sanderson is a great company to work for and offers fantastic opportunities. From every level and every department there is strong support networks with friendly individuals that are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

None come to mind but will let you know if any changes

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

9. "Field Sales"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time

Pros

Great support from a company that puts people first,. Products and service first class!!

Cons

Not a sales job for people that don't want to build a career

Advice to Management

Need to communicate more with their staff

10. "Sales role"

Current Employee - SALES DESIGNER in Coventry, England

Pros

Great company to work for. Best product on the market. Great training, kit and support. Would recommend the employer to everyone.

Cons

You have to work hard but if you do then there are great opportunies available with this company.

Advice to Management

Good management team. Always moving forward and growing the business. Keep doing as you are doing.

If you could ask colleagues to do the same, it will... More

11. "Fantastic Company To Work For - Endless Support!"

Current Employee - Regional Development Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Regional Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have now worked for the company for just under a year and really never looked back, the on-going support and management training is just something that for me, really is amazing; there is a family culture within the business - support from everyone around you and I really enjoy every aspect of what I do. The investment into our people makes us so different, forward thinking and always looking to make things better for the designers to help improve them individually and company as a whole.

Cons

I still have lots to learn to improve myself; but you will never want to leave!

Advice to Management

Keep up with all of the hard work and new launches for 2016 - it's going to be a fantastic year!

6 May 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Hello and thank you for your brilliant review. We have now secured an enhanced profile which allows us to respond to reviews personally- which is great!
    If you could ask colleagues to do the same... More