Thomas Sanderson Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomas Sanderson Reviews

Updated 4 December 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Company that Cares about its workers and it's customers"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time

Pros

People matter here. Defined career paths and a real desire to help you progress in this fast growing Company. You will have every opportunity to succeed and will get help,support and direction to do just that. 11 years here have just flown by.

Cons

You will need a good work ethic but is that necessary a bad thing if the rewards are there for the effort you put in? With any fast changing, evolving company, change is ongoing buf for me the challenge is exciting not a negative

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Never step away from the top quality products and service that Thomas Sanderson have delivered to customers over the last 25 years

6 May 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Hello and thank you for your review. We have now secured an enhanced profile which allows us to respond to reviews personally- which is great!
    If you could ask colleagues to do the same, it will... More

2. "Fantastic opportunity with wonderful products and great support."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having your own business under the umbrella of an outstanding brand leader. Excellant support. Diverse, interesting group of people to work with. Brilliant Incentives. Fun. No limits on what you can achieve.

Cons

Need to be self reliant and gets lonely sometimes. Travelling distances. Evening and weekends. Communication is being improved. Work life balance.

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively and ask for our viewpoints.

If you could ask colleagues to do the same, it will... More

3. "Great company culture and beautiful handmade products"

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Coventry, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Coventry, England

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It isn't easy to maintain a positive family feel to a company that turned over £42milln last year but somehow Thomas Sanderson have done it.
    Working with visionary high achievers, in a company that manufacture beautiful window dressings, for me it is the role I have been searching for.
    Great offices, everything in house, including manufacturing and contact centre. Open door policy.
    If you have an idea, Management want to hear it -everyone matters.

Cons

I am struggling to think of a down side to be honest- ask me in a years time and I will see if anything springs to mind.

Advice to Management

Continue with the open minds- sharing ideas. It is empowering and will ensure increased targets are met for 2016

If you could ask colleagues to do the same, it will... More

5. "A great place to work"

Pros

Unbelievably nice and helpful people. Great prospects and a company at the forefront of their industry

Cons

I travel over 40 minutes to get to work but the pay and enjoyment in the job more than make up for that

If you could ask colleagues to do the same, it will... More

"Parent Company need to take a closer look at what is 'really' going on!"

Former Employee - N/A in Waterlooville, England
    Former Employee - N/A in Waterlooville, England

I worked at Thomas Sanderson full-time

Pros

There are many amazing, talented, loyal & committed people working within Thomas Sanderson.
    They are passionate about delivery, go above & beyond to ensure the 'job is done & done well'.
    The product is an 'easy-sell' - there are few products on the market that can compare & customers genuinely rave about the installations team!
    This is the saddest part of the picture, as were it not for the 'Cons', this would be a great place to work.

Cons

Morale has been rapidly declining for too long.
    They are under-resourced in more areas than is acceptable for a business professing 'major growth' - which in simple terms makes them simply greedy!
    They advertise & interview claiming they want a fresh approach, blue-sky thinking & people who can challenge existing processes to move the business forward, but in fact they want droids who will kill themselves with unrealistic workloads, aiming for unachievable targets, for below industry standard salaries & who are 'yes-men' to their outdated, (in some cases) unprofessional approach.
    Those who dare to challenge, irrespective of experience or ability - are swiftly exited from the business as a smoke screen for the root cause of the issues.
    Depending on where you sit - Reward & Recognition is non-existent - as is Employee Development making a mockery of the PDR system.

Advice to Management

The parent company need to delve deeper - look closer - & really see WHO & what the key issues in this business really are!
    There is more of a story from the talent that leaves this business than from those who sit protected within it making the WRONG decisions!
    Exit interviews are seldom undertaken or are selectively undertaken dependant upon the documented picture they wish to portray!
    You have a great business, respected product & yet a workforce who are neglected - get the balance right - Your People 'ARE' Your Business!

14 Mar 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Hello and thank you for such a comprehensive over view. As the new Recruitment Manager my concern is as much on what the business is doing to retain people as it is on recruiting new people.
    I... More

7. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterlooville, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterlooville, England

I have been working at Thomas Sanderson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helpful people, good money, flexible company, your voice is listened to, approachable management, good product, good work-life balance, career opportunities, continuous improvement.

Cons

Parking is a bit of an issue, the job is a bit boring, and some customers, but it`s not the company`s fault.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you`re doing.

If you could ask colleagues to do the same, it will... More

"great investors in it people"

Current Employee - Designer in Leeds, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Designer in Leeds, WI (US)

Pros

I've worked here of 3 years. they have continually supported, trained and invested in my career with them. a great ethos with customers and staff

Cons

can't think of any at the moment

Advice to Management

keep listening to us just as much as you do