Thomson Reuters Reviews

4.1
Thomson Reuters President and CEO Steve Hasker
Steve Hasker
  1. COVID-19

"Supportive, flexible company that cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Editorial Associate in Leeds, England

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Supportive managers who drive change when needed LGBT+ inclusive Flexible working hours when required Remote working permitted (even pre-COVID-19) Excellent response to COVID-19 - remote working rolled out until October, extra PTO for employees with childcare responsibilities, zero pressure to come back into the office until we are comfortable Great benefits - comprehensive LTS leave policy, death in service benefit, competitive holiday allowance that increases with years of service, optional health/dental/travel insurance Perks At Work scheme and APPRECIATE scheme

Cons

Headcount issues means lower level positions are contracted, which leads to high turnover - can get stuck in a cycle of training new people over and over

2. COVID-19

"I joined TR during covid-19"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for less than a year

Pros

People - my new team have been amazing, even though I haven't joined in the standard way and not been able to meet them all in the office, they've made me feel so welcome and are always available via IM or video on Teams. Training - despite not being in the office, there is a wealth of training material available on various platforms which have been invaluable to me in starting my new role. My team also make time to do live video tutorials and shadowing to help me in my learning. I'd also say that I'm really impressed with how TR have dealt with the onboarding during this time, I received all my equipment in good time for my start date, emails from HR explaining the process to get set up and my manager kept in contact with me directly in the lead up to and including my first day until I was up and running and online.

Cons

So far, only the (unavoidable) impact of covid-19 has been a disappointment to me in joining TR, as I haven't had the opportunity to meet, socialise and learn with my new colleagues in the usual way.

3. "Flexible job working with inspiring colleagues"

Current Employee - Senior Editor in London, England

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

It is possible to work very flexibly. Employees are supported with a full suite of apps and tools to help them be productive from a distance. As a senior editor in Practical Law I work with top flight colleagues who are very knowledgeable and supportive. The company encourages collaboration and is very open minded about new ideas for working. It is not hierarchical or "top down".

Cons

As a lawyer I am not working in practice so I have to make more of an effort to talk to practitioners at the coal face to keep up to date with what it's like working directly on client matters.

4. "Good company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Executive Producer in London, England

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Good working environment and nice people

Cons

Almost too large a company which can cause bureaucracy.

5. "Good first job out of uni"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Manager in London, England

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of responsibility immediately Ownership of projects Good commission based earnings (sector dependent) Relaxed working culture

Cons

Non existent HR 'Birthright' - some sectors are far more lucrative than others. Be sure to ask to be put in a large well established team with historical success Disjointed leadership Long, unsociable working hours required to reach financial targets (80 percent of events are US based, meaning working till 7-8pm can be the norm) Lack of training and professional development

Continue reading
  6. "Nice people, bad workers rights"

2.0
    Current Employee - Editorial Associate in London, England

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Nice offices, colleagues are friendly and professional.

Cons

Most workers have been moved to the status of "Contractor" (unless you're a senior employee). This means TR can get around providing the majority of us with basic workers' rights (no sick pay, no pay increases, no access to HR within the company, no pension scheme, no paid lunch hour, no other benefits that permanent employees get). Instead they pay an umbrella company to hire us as agency workers and oversee our pay (this has led to multiple issues with missed payment with past and current employees - many still waiting to be repaid). Many of us have worked full time for years for TR but are still classed as outside agency workers. People currently leaving permanent roles are now having their roles advrtised at a MUCH lower salary and on Contractor status. It's insulting that such a large and established company feels they can cut costs and corners with their employees' rights. Avoid Contractor roles if you can, go for a smaller company that cares about their workers - the stress of having to track your pay constantly is not worth it.

Continue reading
  7. "good"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

good chance to experience various situations

Cons

not proper previous work process

8. "Good company to work for"

4.0
    Former Employee - IOS Engineer in London, England

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice benefit package. Relax working environment

Cons

Huge company, business/product decisions were made without the team involved

9. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Manager in Worthing, South East England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff friendly, plenty of opportunities

Cons

Work can be intense and busy

"Dead end for tech in London"

2.0
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible working practices, non-pressurised environment

Cons

technology in London is being run down except for pre-sales, demos and some R&D. If you join, you're pigeon-holed and will remain in place until your job is off-shored at which time you'll be laid off. While apparently there is some scope for re-deployment, constant recruitment freezes makes this impossible to achieve.

Found 8300 reviews