Thorpe Park Employee Reviews about "thorpe park"

Updated Nov 8, 2019

Found 12 of over 140 reviews

3.8
Thorpe Park Divisional Director Dominic Jones (no image)
Dominic Jones
Pros
  • "Generous offering of free tickets with the staff Magic Pass(in 18 reviews)

• "Get a couple of free passes to merlin attractions which is handy(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours finishing late after a busy dinner service(in 29 reviews)

• "Late shifts end after last Thorpe park bus(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "thorpe park"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hardworking , dedicated

Jun 16, 2019 - Food and Beverages in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

it is a fun environment and a safe work place, it also concludes of friendly staff and an amazing experience to work there

Cons

There are no cons about Thorpe park

2. 4.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Nov 8, 2019 - Ride Operator
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great time working at Thorpe Park - the people were so welcoming and everyone was always willing to help each other

Cons

The hours can be long and it can be hard working in the cold and rain

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Management poorly organised

Jul 26, 2019 - Admissions Host in Chertsey, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thorpe Park ensures you have extensive safety training. Uniform is provided. Flexible hours over the summer period is ideal for students or people looking for a temporary job. 20 free tickets to Merlin Attractions that season after working at Merlin (Thorpe Park) for a certain period of time.

Cons

Horrendous communication between management and employees both within the departments and across the site, as well as no communication between managers within the teams. This means important information often doesn't get passed on and leaving team members doing more work than necessary. Team leaders only communicate important information such as changes in start times and other information such as 'STAR employees' over Facebook. If an employee doesn't use Facebook or does not want to link their social media to their job, Management insists you have to and give no alternative. Team leaders treat employees differently depending on how close friends they are, often letting certain people break rules whilst having meetings with others who do the same thing. Pay often wrong, e.g. P45 overdue more than once. Long hours with no water breaks in extreme heat. On a number of occasions, various team members were physically assaulted by customers. When they expressed that they did not feel comfortable doing that job again so soon on their own as it was causing them panic and anxiety, Team Leaders would not take this into consideration and send them out anyway.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a great place to work

Jun 14, 2019 - Retail Host
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere to work in, you meet new people. Sometimes they let you go on the rides on certain days after the park is closed.

Cons

They treat their employees like slaves, pay is really low, make you work long hours especially since the Thorpe Park bus stops running at a certain time so you’ll find yourself wondering how you’re going to get yourself to the train station.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great atmosphere

May 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Atmosphere is great and free tickets

Cons

Late shifts end after last Thorpe park bus

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An amazing place to work!!

Jun 21, 2017 - Ride Host in Feltham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thorpe park is an amazing place to work no day is ever the same but is always positive, motivational and exciting at all times. The managment team are always approchable and friendly making you feel at ease whenever speaking to them. Everyone works together as a team and are always friendly towards one another which makes the environment a great place to work.

Cons

Hot days are exhausting and theres not always someone there to be able to fill up water bottles

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

killing 2 birds with 1 stone.. literally!!

Jun 12, 2017 - Senior Host
      Business Outlook

Pros

i think honestly the best part of working for thorpe park, which i had done for 4 years until recently, was making friends who turned into family.

Cons

where do i start!!! They treat their staff like a piece of poo on their shoe, make valued staff go 6 hours without a break, work us like absolute dogs with no appriciation of all the hard work and commitment we put into the company, let disgusting men work in the work place with vulnerable teenagers AS MANAGERS! sack their most valued and hard working staff members who had been working for them for 4 continuous years straight for something so small and petty, and discriminate against people's disabilities. I wouldn't recommend this vile workplace for a bit even if someone paid me to!!! I loved my job with all my heart, they obviously don't care about actual people's feelings at all in the slightest.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Thorpe Park

Feb 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to work with young people, students, people on the same boat as you, you can also go on the rides providing you dont get caught after work! me and my friends did it all the time once we finished our shift! sometimes we would even go in the mazes together during fright night

Cons

as it is outside of london the pay maybe poor, Working at thorpe park was my first job at 16 and I started out getting paid £5.85 an hour, then i moved to work for KFC thorpe park where i was paid £6.50. this was okay for me as back then I was a student completing my a levels.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work with great opportunities

Jun 21, 2016 -  in Chertsey, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, fun work environment strong corporate feeling good perks and benefits many opportunities to grow within Thorpe Park and Merlin

Cons

sometimes long working hours pressure office space not the nicest

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Food and Beverage Host

Jun 16, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere working with people from ages 17-30 Decent pay for young people starting their first job 20 free merlin passes after passing a standard work review Benefits/discounts for certain places around Surrey Flexible work contract

Cons

Not for you if you don't like long hours, dealing with the public, cleaning or have no interest in Thorpe Park

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews