Thoughtworks Reviews

Found 1,448 of over 2,672 reviews

4.5
Thoughtworks President and CEO Guo Xiao
Guo Xiao
Pros
  • "The work life balance of employees are given importance(in 167 reviews)

• "Work with smart people who will challenge you & encourage you to make a difference(in 111 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance to some extend(in 64 reviews)

• "Social justice was practically taken out of the equation after the acquisition(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Thoughtworks

Join the conversation on

Tech

208.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Thoughtworks~38334
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

A completely new experience of 'work'

Jan 27, 2022 - Technical Recruiter in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have genuinely never worked at a place like Thoughtworks before. Everything about TW is overwhelmingly positive. There is a strong sense of belonging here and everyone is treated equal. A lot of companies talk about trending issues, like social change and D&I within the work place but they don't actually do anything in those spaces. Thoughtworks really does back up it's cultures and values. Work life balance is exceptional. Flexible work is actually flexible around your schedule and life demanding. I feel like Thoughtworks views me as a person and not a resource. I am yet to find anything negative about Thoughtworks.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

1 person found this review helpful

Thoughtworks Response

Thank you so much for leaving us such a great review! You’re totally right, what makes Thoughtworks truly remarkable is our people, and by treating each and every person here as an equal, we can maintain that sense of belonging. We are also working really hard on our D&I policies, so thank you for recognizing that. As an organization we are aiming for 40% of our workforce to be W&UGM this year - something we wholeheartedly believe in. I’ll make sure to share your amazing comments with our leadership team, they will be thrilled! Zoe, Community Manager

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No place like it

Apr 18, 2022 - Lead Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible freedom to build your own journey whilst being part of a passionate community of some of the smartest and most influential leaders in tech.

Cons

The lack of hierarchy or direction may not work for everyone.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great innovative company

May 17, 2022 - Principal Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bright intellectual minds Great innovation opportunities

Cons

Need to improve commercial mindset of the consultants

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Space to grow and develop

Apr 11, 2022 - QA Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thoughtworks provides the space where individuals can learn and grow professionally without the dependency of senior management. There's a personal coach/mentor who can help you on your personal development journey

Cons

No bonuses is given to people from Professional Service

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A thought on Thoughtworks

Apr 7, 2022 - Senior PM in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture for support, growth and being challenged

Cons

You can feel lost amongst the large numbers

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to develop myself professionally

Mar 31, 2022 - Senior Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Many opportunities to work for big names in different industries - The company is very supportive of my professional development - Thoughtworks is treating all employees equally

Cons

Can't think about any meaningful con.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very strong and open culture of respect and technical excellence with a need to adapt in some areas

Apr 3, 2022 - Senior Consultant Software Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- It's clear Thoughtworks and Thoughtworkers really do care about diversity and inclusion and this can be seen throughout leadership and in the teams you work in here. - There is also a culture of transparency. Decisions made are generally accompanied with explicit communication and rationale. - HR are genuinely friendly and helpful. - Most colleagues you work with strive for technical excellence - Feedback is embraced and encouraged.

Cons

- It seems that there hasn't been a firm stance on remote working yet in terms of policy as well as tools (e.g. pair programming tools). - You may not be given adequate opportunity to make your project preferences known before being assigned to a project; contrary to what the recruiters say. - Some projects may not be very fulfilling especially when it comes to transformation projects. - Limited opportunity for travel - though this may change as we come out of the pandemic. - There is a wealth of fantastic internal learning opportunities, but it is rare to have the time to fully make use of them without compromising a good work-life balance. - While Thoughtworks have demonstrated an intent for social good, I feel more could be done on helping solve the climate crisis.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

This company is incredible.

Mar 9, 2022 - Graduate Consultant Developer in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open minded people, culture of cultivation and growth. Incredible place to learn and grow.

Cons

I haven't found any negatives

2 people found this review helpful

Thoughtworks Response

Hey! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review :) We agree with you, Thoughtworks is an amazing place for people to grow and reach their potential through cultivation! Zoe, Community Manager.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Have been enjoying it for years. Impact, people, variety.

Mar 1, 2022 - Lead Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of freedom to shape your role the way you want: I had the opportunity to make an impact on any project I joined, but equally had the opportunity to go heads-down in technology and learn a lot, choosing to be more in 'learning mode' at times. - Great people in multiple ways: very helpful no matter where in the world (truly global community), very passionate (e.g. some as tech geeks, some as true people supporters), having a growth mindset. Hiring diversely and for the right attitude really fosters that community and makes for great teams. You can go and talk to anyone. - Over the years I've seen many different projects and clients in long and short stints. Every time is like starting a new job, and it has accelerated my learning and experience, which I believe has been invaluable. The variety keeps it interesting constantly.

Cons

- Network effect: accessing information and knowledge, having an impact, or finding a good-fit next project often relies on knowing people, networking and reaching out. It's something I've had to learn here and there are times when you just don't feel like it. There's no concrete support structure around this or to help you on your way. - Compensation: up until recent the business was run conservatively, leading to compensation seeming of low importance. It was demotivating to see great people leave because of this, and could have been avoided. Going above and beyond is recognised, but not in a way that you can have a tailored conversation about your comp increase. So, it is quite egalitarian: fair for all, but can feel unfair individually. - Benefits are good, but it's a standard package. (However in all fairness, what is not on paper or expressed in cash, is knowing that you're well looked after if anything happens in life that you need to take time for). Could have caught up with WFH, such as a budget to kit out your home set-up. One should accept that you're not joining big-tech, so don't expect those perks.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best people to work with

Mar 3, 2022 - Software Developer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great passionate people Free lunches Always learning

Cons

Hard to progress and you have to know the right people

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,448 Reviews

Thoughtworks Reviews FAQs

Thoughtworks has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 2,672 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Thoughtworks to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Thoughtworks employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Thoughtworks. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

90% of Thoughtworks employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Thoughtworks 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Thoughtworks Job Seekers