Tide Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2021

Found 90 of over 101 reviews

4.2
Tide CEO   Dr Oliver Prill    (no image)
Dr Oliver Prill
Pros
  • "You will get opportunity to work with great people(in 8 reviews)

• "For me, the working environment suits every worker's need(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The usual startup growing pains - grow too quickly without proper structures, but that's part of the fun(in 4 reviews)

• "Occasional lack of structure/comms but improvements made(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Special Fintech Company

Jun 25, 2021 - Senior Cloud Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

At Tide I'm really motivated to work for a company that's doing good in the world. My teammates are great. I work in cloud engineering - the technology stack is good, there's a real effort to make good decisions and change things that don't work. You can grow here - there's a particular focus on having opportunities to increase your responsibilities as the company expands. Training is available (books/courses/whatever you need). Working from home has been successful during the pandemic and Tide have made good policies to continue this in future. I've not been at the company for a long time, so Tide's response to the pandemic was a good indicator to me that the company responds to things sensibly. It's an exciting industry!

Cons

There's legacy code! I'm sure that's true everywhere.

Tide Response

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience at Tide.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast-pace, great culture, lots of oppurtunities

Jul 8, 2021 - Marketing Lead in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very warm, friendly, fun group of people, very pleasant to talk to anyone who works here. Very competent colleagues, lots of subject experts to learn from. High degrees of autonomy in roles. Creativity is encouraged & rewarded Good pay / reward, twice-yearly reviews. High growth in both revenue, headcount and product, giving a lot of opportunities to grow your career. Good office / working environment / equipment

Cons

There is a lot of ground to cover and sometimes there are unexpected turns and bumps that require above-and-beyond. Can drag you outside of normal hours on occassion. There's a lot of brand new teams, products, tech etc. all the time, you have to be very on your toes.

Tide Response

Thank you for providing your feedback - it is really valuable to us as we grow our teams at Tide. Please continue to feedback to us so that we can keep building on what makes Tide a great place to work.

3. 4.0

A great place to work!

May 6, 2021 - Finance Apprentice in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) The best part of working at Tide is the people you work with! My team and colleagues have always been supportive and considerate. Everyone is friendly and respectful. Diversity and equality are taken very seriously here! 2) There's a culture club at Tide that initiates activities to keep the employees interactive, even amongst COVID! Tide truly gives a priority to its employees' mental health and well-being. There are benefits such as a £1000 training budget, cycle to work scheme, Vitality health insurance, and many more! 3)Tide has had significant growth over the past year, there's a lot of learning and development that comes along with it.

Cons

1) Work increases significantly every month or so. Extra hours of input should be expected- most of the time. 2) No bonuses or rewards for increasing work volume. 3) Lack of resources for trainees/ employees early on in their Careers. That being said, changes and improvements are being implemented. I am confident that the above points will also be considered and be reflected in the upcoming years.

Tide Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to hear that you value our amazing employees, our Culture Club and the various benefits we have on offer. Thank you for your valuable feedback, we take it on board. As we grow and continue to scale at Tide we are looking at what additional benefits we can introduce to support and reward our employees.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company if you like autonomy

May 21, 2021 - Product Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I got everything in my role that I was promised in the recruitment process - Very diverse teams and geographically distributed - Unlike most companies who probably just have support teams in India. Tide has create a very distributed structure for all the teams between Bulgaria, UK and India. This definitely encourages diverse perspectives in the team - Very open culture, people are encouraged to share their perspectives and all views and opinions are respected.

Cons

- Company is growing rapidly, sometimes that brings instability in teams

Tide Response

Thank you for writing a review. We are pleased to hear that you value working as part of a diverse team. Diversity of thought across all our locations and all our teams helps to make Tide an inclusive, open and amazing place to work.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of empathy, top down management

Apr 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are still some good engineers and product people who work there but it feels everyone has one foot in a door.

Cons

Culture has degraded over the last year and a half. Lockdown didn't help but management doesn't see this as useful. There is major lack of empathy at the company. Top management says very unreasonable things too often. There is no clear sense of Why. And because of that the how is broken. A lot of "LEADERS" who are not leading. Most of companies departments are siloed and not willing to work together as a OneTeam. Agile processes are broken and feedback doesn't seem to get back to top management who keep changing it without good reasons. Too many good people are leaving which further degrades culture. Lack of checks and balances for who does what. Many people are just coasting while others working their backs off to make great product. Hyper-growth without reasonable efficiency in place so things get bigger and slower.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent tech culture in a people oriented organisation

Jan 20, 2021 - Senior QA Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Tide's fast and organic growth -> Tremendous opportunities to grow professionally with the organisation - Intuitive and lucid top leadership -> Clear vision and growth outlook for the company - Committed people team under Liza, CAO at Tide -> People indeed are cared for - equal opportunities, inclusion, diversity, fair compensation, work-life balance, overall well being of the employees - Experienced and Tech-savvy CTO (Guy Duncan) -> Opportunity to work with the latest and greatest technology in a truly agile environment - One team ethos -> Friendly colleagues, gratifying work culture, knowledge & responsibility-sharing - Professional growth mindset -> £1000 per person budget for training & books, classroom training and workshops with external trainers, Udemy business access for everyone - Data-driven policies & decisions -> Provides clarity and confidence in them.

Cons

- Fewer employee benefits (compared to the large established banks/companies - not a deal-breaker, to be honest)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing experience

Jun 17, 2021 - Onboarding Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every department imbeds the One Team value and we all work closely together to achieve amazing results.

Cons

The work may seem repetitive

Tide Response

Thank you for your review and we are so pleased to hear about your great experience. We offer lots of opportunities to grow, develop or even try something new at Tide, so please chat to your manager if you are finding the work too repetitive.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice company to work for

Jun 14, 2021 - Senior Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good, regular salary review system

Cons

During remote working, expected to work long hours

Tide Response

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear your positive feedback about our performance review cycle. We are advocates for work life balance at Tide, so please reach out to your manager or the People Team if expectations are not in line with this.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great experience. Amazing people to work with. Open minded, data driven.

Jun 25, 2021 - Financial Crime QA/Trainer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diversity, embrace ownership, data driven.

Cons

Benefits and compensation can be better.

Tide Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we really value your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you appreciate the flexibility options we have introduced. As we grow at Tide we are constantly reviewing and adding benefits to keep our employees happy and healthy. Please continue to provide feedback to the People Team with any suggestions on benefits you would like to see - we would love to hear your ideas! Additionally, we benchmark our salaries on an annual basis to ensure we stay aligned to market compensation.

10. 4.0

Great

May 17, 2021 - People Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

3 months in and I am really enjoying working for this company, all the people are great the culture is fun and engaging and it feels like employee engagement is important to Tide. I have a lot of support and autonomy and feel like i have been given the room to go at my speed and have enjoyed jumping in feet first and having an impact quickly.

Cons

The benefits def could be better but these are under review. They have a cycle to work scheme but those of us that have a longer commute cannot take advantage of this,I would love to use a lease car salary sacrifice benefit

Tide Response

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience at Tide so far. As Tide grows we are constantly reviewing our employee benefits and adding additional ones, so we take your feedback on board.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 90 Reviews