Total Quality Logistics "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Total Quality Logistics Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 14 Jan 2020

3.6
Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks
1,885 Ratings
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Company that really cares!"

I worked at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

Great open sales floor, high energy environment, competitive, go getters, very charitable company

Cons

Long work days, high stress, no work life balance, pay isn't great

Advice to Management

Pay your sales employees more in base pay. 35,000 isn't competitive anymore

Total Quality Logistics2017-01-25
  2. "Potential"

Current Employee - LAE in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Chance to make a lot of money

Cons

Uneven work/life balance

Advice to Management

Keep up the energy

Total Quality Logistics2020-01-14
  3. "Bring your effort"

Former Employee - LAE in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere, and great group of people to work with. Massive potential!

Cons

Work/life balance is poor for the first few years

Advice to Management

More focus on personal trading and less modules

Total Quality Logistics2020-01-10
  4. "Great Opportunity if You Can Rise to It"

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unlimited potential income Freedom to go after the types of customers and freight you want to Freedom to do what is right for your customer Fun environment Great People Promote internally 99% of the time

Cons

Stressful Difficult to manage a healthy work/life balance Lots of rejection

Advice to Management

Keep valuing your people as an asset and not a liability

Total Quality Logistics2020-01-09
  5. "Hard Work Pays Off!"

Current Employee - LAE in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are taught the in's and out's of the industry as you train as an LAET. If you work hard, and have an open mind, you are able to have a great income- while having alot of fun. No day is the same, as the job is very fast passed.

Cons

The work life balance is extremely hard to keep in check. You have to put alot of personal time into the job and it sometimes follows you home.

Total Quality Logistics2019-12-18

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Environment, energy, people, office space, uncapped commission, room for growth and opportunities.

Cons

Work/Life Balance, challenging at the beginning

Total Quality Logistics2019-12-12
  7. "Life At TQL"

Current Employee - Branch Team Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Uncapped Commission Great Culture Endless amount of help along the way Get's you out of your comfort zone Build's professional confidence

Cons

Work/Life Balance is tough first starting out

Total Quality Logistics2019-12-04
  8. "Great place for hard workers"

Current Employee - Saturday Group Leader in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hard work and dedication are required. there is a nice 5-6 months of training before you become a broker, and in that time you have many hours of training to prepare. results may not appear at first, but if you stick with it long enough, the rewards are worth it. once you are established this is probably one of the easiest ways to make money, you just have to keep up the customer service so customers keep coming back to use you.

Cons

not alot of work life balance in the beginning, because you want to come in early and stay late to make sure you are putting in enough of your time and effort into making your book of business worth while. however once being established you are able to take some time off, and leave and arrive at normal hours.

Total Quality Logistics2019-12-04
  9. "Hardwork Pays Off"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Entrepreneurship/Logistics Experience Challenging Earning Potential I have been with TQL for about a year now as Logistics Account Executive. This job will bring you to your breaking point on more than one occasion, it is long hours, hard work and you put up with very difficult people on a daily basis. These challenges though have helped me grow as a person more so then any other job/experience I have had. TQL has allowed me to develop skills I didn't even know I possessed and made it so I can take on any challenge I face. If you are the type of person that doesn't mind a challenge and is willing to work hard for greater return in the end, then TQL is for you. Personally it took me awhile to start making the money I wanted, but the employees/leadership at TQL supported me and helped me develop the skills I needed to be successful. If you stay diligent and hard working then the sky is the limit with TQL.

Cons

Work/Life Balance Tough Industry Hours High Turnover Takes time to start making a lot of money

Advice to Management

Understand what drives your employees because not every person can be pushed the same way. Also reward your employees when they find ways to think outside of the box.

Total Quality Logistics2019-12-02
  10. "Not for Everybody, but 100% worth the risk"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics

Pros

Competitive and driven to succeed environment, with people who understand what’s necessary in order to take advantage of such a great opportunity. Best part about it is, you can do too!

Cons

Work/Life balance is tough. Need to be prepared to look at this career as an investment as it’s a very ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ career.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent from the get go. It’s a tough industry to make it in, but there are positive examples within an arms reach across the sales floor.

Total Quality Logistics2019-11-20