Towergate Insurance Central Services Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 5 Jun 2014

Found 2 reviews

1.0
David Ross

"This company is poison - the way staff are treated is woeful"

Current Employee - Central Services in Colchester, England

I have been working at Towergate Insurance for more than a year

Pros

Immediate colleague's are great - good camaraderie, hard working, diligent and supportive

Cons

The company treats you like a number - they have absolutely no idea how to manage people, how to develop loyalty, the management has no respect from the workforce, targets are unrealistic and unachievable, deadlines are ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Salaries are not competitive, especially allowing for the stress. The culture seems to be to cut costs by laying people off, then bring others in as contractors at a higher cost to the business but unencumbered by local knowledge or experience. What a way to run a business! I am out as soon as I can find another role.

Towergate Insurance2014-06-05

"A joke of a company - I only gave one star as it would not let me give none"

Current Employee - Central Services in London, England

I have been working at Towergate Insurance part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice people in my immediate team. A few nice people.

Cons

-Executive Board / Senior Management with absolutely no clue on how to run a company -Appalling Pay - huge disparities between pay for the same jobs -No investment in IT. Just make them all redundant! -Non existent HR department -Huge amount of bureaucracy. Have to jump through hoops for the smallest thing -Total lack of communication -Mark Hodges' motto - kick out all the original staff, and bring in your friends

Advice to Management

Look at what you are doing. You may think that you are getting the business ready to float, but there will be nothing left. The company will be bankrupt within two years.

Towergate Insurance2013-12-03