Trailfinders Reviews

Found 283 of over 283 reviews

4.1
Trailfinders CEO Toby Kelly
Toby Kelly
Pros
  • "Great colleagues and amazing opportunities to travel along with free lunch(in 52 reviews)

• "Excellent opportunities to travel(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours with little flexibility(in 63 reviews)

• "work/life balance - Working most of the weekends and long hours(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

So many opportunities

Jun 8, 2021 - Travel Consultant in Bath, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support- continual support from the whole team everyone has been in the same process and in your shoes and. Give the whole team from every level the sense of understanding and support Development - there are endless career opportunities and paths your structure your goals and have the company’s support to get you there Integrity - the company is based on the foundation of integrity we are transparent and honest with our clients about everything and the company always takes the moral high ground. Company benefits - so many benefits to working in travel if you love to travel!

Cons

Shifts vary it’s not a 9-5 job

Trailfinders Response

Many thanks for your post.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Jul 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are invested in individual development with clear progression possibilities from day one. The training is fantastic and there is plenty of support at any level. A great base salary but also generous additional benefits and opportunity to increase your pay whilst also being recognised for strong sales. A fun environment with like minded people - travel opportunities and annual leave all great and encouraged.

Cons

As has been said, the hours can be long, but you are paid for this. Getting single days leave can be tricky, but so long as you are well organised booking leave within the leave rules is easy.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Job satisfaction and security

Jul 22, 2021 - General Manager in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

The travel industry has been decimated in the current Covid climate but it is reassuring to work for a company that not only looks after its clients but it’s staff. I enjoy the variation of the role and have a hard working, friendly and supportive team with me in Glasgow. The board of Directors are approachable and although based in Kensington I am able to speak with my direct line manager daily if necessary. I enjoy that I am entrusted by the board to lead my team as I see fit with an expectation to maintain high standards and adherence to company policy. Having started in Glasgow as a junior travel consultant it took me 7 years to work towards General Manager. Career progression is there for those with promise.

Cons

I work on average 45-50 hours per week but I am well remunerated for this. The recent uncertainty about travel has offered lots of challenges which has been trying, albeit out with the company’s control. I have not awarded 5 stars as I believe everyone can improve. Our travel centre staff quarters are dated but I am aware that new travel centres must take priority and have recently learned we are getting a kitchen re-fit.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company with perks but room for improvement

Jul 24, 2021 - Operations in Oxford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good travel opportunities Great perks Very supportive management within Oxford Good training

Cons

Unapproachable HR / Personnel department Extremely inflexible Unclear on progression Hours of work unclear in contract and not negotiable

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Brilliant job, well paid, always exciting!

Feb 7, 2021 - Travel Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good challenging roles in all departments, never bored! Every day is different! Great speaking to clients on the phone as well as in the travel centre. The travel perks are brilliant! You can easily see all corners of the world with the deals we get! Whether it’s your own holiday or travelling with the company! Lunch benefits, paid lunch every day! The people at the company are great! Even though there are 39 offices, you tend to know people from most offices. Very social! With the horrendous year that was thrown at us all last year, it is nice to work for a company with good ethics, procedures looking after clients. I feel sorry for the employees of other companies who have to speak to clients and telling them they have lost a lot of money on their trips!

Cons

If you can’t handle hard work and being on the ball for 9 hours a day, it isn’t for you. Generally sales department requires lots of weekends. I don’t like working weekends but the pros definitely out weight this!

1 person found this review helpful

Trailfinders Response

Thanks for the feedback and the balanced thoughts. Soon to be 40 travel centres btw!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great fair and secure company

Apr 21, 2021 - Travel Consultant in Liverpool, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Starting a job in travel a couple of weeks before a global pandemic should have been a stressful and uncertain time, however, I have been supported through every step of my employment, furloughed with pay without qualifying for the governments scheme. The training is unrivalled and given me every confidence to continue in this great company. A paid lunch is great, hours are perfect for me

Cons

I would struggle to find many, I would love to be able to have more ease in arranging leave but this could be said for many companies and is certainly not exclusive to trailfinders

Trailfinders Response

Your feedback is appreciated; it has been a challenging time but we have been entirely committed to supporting our people as best possible throughout.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Do things the right way

May 11, 2021 - Travel Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic 5 weeks of training and continued support. Great resources to help you sell. Good educational trips. They do things the right way to support their customers

Cons

Lack of flexibility with the shifts

Trailfinders Response

Appreciate the feedback; yes client care always at the forefront.

8. 5.0

Proud to work at TF!

Jan 25, 2021 - Product Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Excellent initial training (for sales). -Everyone (including the CEO) has started in the same position...sales! -Excellent opportunity to move into different aspects of the company (eg. marketing, contracting, systems) even without previous experience. -The people! Everyone loves to travel! -Additional work perks such as free lunches and travel discounts!

Cons

-When initially starting in sales, the hours can feel long with few weeks off. However, other jobs within the company are strictly Mon-Fri. -Expectations can be very high for some, but managerial support is always available to those that require it. -The company is not always as transparent as it could be - things change a lot (expected), but often not communicated well to staff.

Continue reading

Trailfinders Response

Thanks for the post and will pass on that helpful 'advice to management'...despite the current situation there is no need for doubt. We've just announced a new travel centre opening in York later this year with more on the cards, so positive and ambitious plans moving forward.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

8 years in the Company and still enjoying it like my First Day!

May 12, 2021 - Travel Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professionals, they look after their Staff, generous holiday allowance, Staff Travel, Free Lunch!

Cons

Very Long Hours, not many weekends off!

Thanks for the review!

10. 5.0

Proud to work at TF

Jan 28, 2021 - Divisional Product Head - Trailfinders Travel Academy in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A high level of support and an emphasis on training to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform to their best - A strong work hard play hard ethos, with plenty of opportunities to travel, plus excellent travel benefits to make the most your trips - Continuous development within all areas of the business, ensuring there is always something new and exciting to get your teeth, while giving staff the confidence that improvements are always being made - A strong culture of listening to feedback from employees of all levels and most importantly providing constructive follow up feedback and where possible, action

Cons

For people who are prepared to work hard and learn, Trailfinders is an excellent place to work with good future career prospects. This answer may sound like a bit of a cop out on the question, but it is my honest opinion.

Trailfinders Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 283 Reviews