Trailfinders Reviews

COVID-19

"A company that cares"

Current Employee - Senior Travel Consultant in City of London, England

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been in the travel industry for over 15 years and Trailfinders are, by far, the best employer within this sector. Apart from the excellent pay, free lunches, travel opportunities and resources, the company has really shone for me on a personal note. During the corona pandemic they fully supported my need to be furloughed to shield my Mother who I live with and is high risk. I am returning to work on Monday from home, and once again this has been managed quickly and without any hesitation. I really recommend Trailfinders as an employer, I feel valued, supported and respected. If you are passionate about travel and a hard worker I really don't think you could work for better.

Cons

You will be required to work weekends and bank holidays, however these are distributed fairly and Travel is an industry which always has an element of unsociable hours.

July 31, 2020

Many thanks for the post; we really have worked hard to look after all of the team during this challenging year so I'm pleased that's how you've felt.

2. COVID-19

"Amazing company"

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Trailfinders from another travel company earlier this year and I couldn’t be happier. Throughout the whole covid-19 situation, Trailfinders have supported me and kept me informed of every step regarding returning to work, and the new protocols in place. The salary is higher than other travel companies, and the travel allowance and perks are amazing! The hours are long, however I was informed of this in the interview process.

Cons

Uniform could be more fitted.

July 31, 2020

Short and sweet..... thanks!

3. COVID-19

"Ups and downs"

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time

Pros

Easily the best reason to work here are the friends you make - for the most part, everyone has so much in common and spending so much time with each other means you form nice friendships. Training is good when you start, sets you up well for the job and is detailed. Free lunches and uniform. Clear progression and opportunity to move to other departments if willing to move. Transparent process for promotion and a lot of support if you want to do well. Salary is good however it needs to be given the amount of hours you do and extra work. There is the chance to make good commission in certain stores and departments but targets at the moment feel way off. No forced furlough.

Cons

Annual leave which I can see is a running theme of reviews. Thankfully the ridiculously long embargo period that was in place for a while has gone but that really annoyed a lot of staff. This covid situation has been so stressful and it’s grwat that we have done so well by the clients and come out with good reviews, but morale at the moment is low. In my shop people are still worried about their jobs and the long term affect. The shop used to be a real positive place but feels deflated now. Long hours and short lunch break - this has always been the way and you know before you start, but even when it is quiet some management can be on you to be doing something every second of the day. General response to covid has been lacking - goal posts and rules moved constantly, incentives to go against the government advice, and lack of understanding for personal issues.

August 3, 2020

It certainly has been a challenging 4 months and the whole team have done a brilliant job. We have tried to offer people choices wherever possible with options such as furlough, with reducing staffing a last resort. And we have continued to recruit for our new travel centres including Solihull opening next week. And remember you are welcome to contact Personnel in confidence if you need any additional advice or support.

"Awful Employer"

1.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time

Pros

Some good travel deals available

Cons

No regard for employee’s health

July 31, 2020

Thanks for the post and I would encourage you to speak to your GM or Personnel if you have health issues that you need supported with.

5. COVID-19

"Going downhill"

2.0
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time for more than a year

Pros

I usually really enjoy my job and in the past thought trailfinders was a great company to work for. The pay is above average for the travel industry and there are great perks e.g staff deals, free lunches, opportunities for educational trips. If you’d asked me a few months ago I would of rated TF 5*.

Cons

Unfortunately things have really gone downhill in the last few months. Understandably it has been really difficult in the travel industry and TF has been great in the way it’s handled things for clients but not so much for the staff. The one positive is that they’ve haven’t made furlough mandatory however it seems a very unfair system on who is given it on a voluntary basis. Some people have been furloughed for 3-4 months whilst others have asked to be and been refused. It would’ve been much fairer to split it so everyone could be given a break considering the stressful work we’ve had to do. It’s not an exaggeration to say the last few months have been horrendous and I have regularly been reduced to tears dealing with abusive calls on a daily basis from customers. On a few occasions I’ve been told by managers to just deal with it so there has been a real lack of support in dealing with difficult situations. (This is definitely not the case with everyone but also not a one off occasion and when you have a client shouting and swearing at you on the phone it’s not ideal). I have worked on my days off a couple of time’s and lots of overtime to deal with this crisis but it really feels as though there’s no appreciation from higher management or acknowledgement of this. It definitely feels as if those lucky enough to be given furlough have got a much better end of the deal. For us that have worked since March we have been forced to take annual leave At times we didn’t want to but those on furlough can now carry over 15 days - which means next year we’ll have to pick up their work again. It would not be an exaggeration to say that booking annual leave (for dates you choose) is near impossible. It can take up to 2 weeks to even get a response and 95% of the time it is declined. Why a travel company imposes so many restrictions on annual leave is crazy. Balancing out national numbers is silly as it means 1 office could be down to 2 people working whilst another could be full. This seems a reoccurring complaint from staff so really is something that needs to be addressed imminently and not in 6-12 months time. I really hope things begin to improve and get back to how they were pre coronavirus.

June 26, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and I’m pleased to see your 5* rating in the Pros above. The past few months have been a massive challenge and everyone from the CEO down has been flat out doing all possible for clients AND staff. The option to use furlough and annual leave to get us through this period has been a great benefit considering the alternative however we are very conscious of and grateful for the pressure it has put consultants under in such difficult times. We are all looking forward to things getting back to normal and will continue to support staff as they readjust to pre coronavirus working practices. I will make the point that no one should be working days off so please speak to your General Manager or Personnel if this has happened to have it readdressed.

6. "excellent company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England

I worked at Trailfinders full-time for more than a year

Pros

free lunches, travel opportunities and training

Cons

very happy there but long hours

Thanks for the feedback.

7. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked for Trailfinders for almost 14 years. Main highlight for me has to be the amazing travel opportunities. I feel so lucky to have stayed in so many amazing hotels and being able to tick things off my bucket list. I work with some amazing people who have become life long friends. Salary is higher than the industry average and more importantly you are looked after. This has been highlighted in the current crisis. The company has been so helpful and flexible . No compulsory furlough, able to work from home and even keeping travel centres open with closed doors . Whilst I have seen friends who work for other companies being made redundant or having to accept pay cuts we were actually given a pay rise

Cons

Hours can be long however management have been addressing this where possible. Part time opportunities are limited

June 26, 2020

Thanks for your feedback!

"Good and bad"

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay for the industry, good perks as far as discounts on travel, although these are mot as good as they were. Lunches paid for

Cons

As a largely phone based job, you are tied to the hours the phone lines are open: when you busy this is good, but in quiet periods the days can feel neverending. Shift patterns mean you do not get regular days off, and rarely get 2 days together. There are very few opportunities for progression unless you live in or are willing to move to London. Fairly long hours as standard (45 per week)

June 26, 2020

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts.

9. COVID-19

"Best company in Travel"

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First of all I’d like to thank the management team through the corona virus pandemic. How they’ve dealt with a large company is brilliant and they were super efficient. Regular training to make sure we are the best and most up to date with Travel knowledge and Systems. Not just a “Travel Agent”.... far more! Lots of progression opportunities within the company. Good basic pay and great payouts if you are willing to put in the hard work. Like minded colleagues all with a passion for travel. Great holiday allowance (after your 3rd year 6 weeks) and even better travel perks. CEO is clearly passionate and shows this by still working everyday.

Cons

None if you are happy to work hard the rewards back from Trailfinders are great.

May 11, 2020

Many thanks for taking the time to post, particularly during such a busy time for us!

10. COVID-19

"Wouldn't work for anyone else in travel"

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time for less than a year

Pros

The job itself is motivating. I enjoy putting holidays together for clients and working towards sales targets. There's also an expected structure to calls which I thought would be stressful to achieve, but I enjoy working to improve my calls with the help of my sales coach. There's a real sense of progression. A range of departments exist in the company that you can aim for. A fair few of these are based in London, but there are others too, and these can be quite motivating to work towards. The office environment is great with a good variety of people who all have a passion for travel. The 5 weeks training program is excellent and teaches you the fundamentals. There's still a huge amount to learn when you start at the travel centre, but there is always assistance close at hand, especially in the first 3 months. Beyond that, most colleagues are supportive and helpful, though there is a dedicated help line if there is noone nearby to assist. Finally, there are a lot of great benefits, mostly pertaining to travel. A free lunch is also provided. Overall I feel as though the structure of my job helps me perform at my best.

Cons

The hours are fairly long and lunch break limited. Most weekdays this is okay, as we can easily take a couple of minutes away from the desk to make a drink, but on weekends it can be tough to sit with many clients without much a breather in between. Sometimes it can be stressful towards to end of the month to have not yet hit target, and it can affect mood a little. That said, the base pay is excellent so there's never true financial worry about not hitting. Finally, rostering and requesting time off can be inflexible and difficult sometimes. There are a lot of rules and hoops to jump through. I respect that company-wide numbers need to be met but perhaps meeting employees somewhere more in the middle would be nice.

May 11, 2020

Thanks for posting your feedback and for the constructive thoughts.

Found 229 reviews