Transact Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2022

Found 81 of over 86 reviews

3.7
Transact Co -CEO Alex Scott and Jonathan Gunby  (no image)
Alex Scott and Jonathan Gunby
Pros
  • "Everyone at Transact is assigned a 'buddy' when they join, who helps them to get up to speed with the daily tasks(in 9 reviews)

• "Work life balance and some of the people(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Easy to be overlooked by senior management due to operations team size(in 3 reviews)

• "Have to write a minimum of 20 words to submit but can't think of anything to write about Transact that is negative(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

85.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Transact~334804
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Best place I’ve worked

Jun 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Customer driven, award winning, approachable leadership team, great pay (inc annual rises, bonus and pension), flexible working but more importantly a fun place to work whilst adding value/ making a positive difference.

Cons

Tech needs updating and more

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service, which is driven by employees and we therefore strive to ensure that we are compensating them fairly. Our culture is centred on collaborative working and a friendly atmosphere so we are pleased this has been your experience. We are always reviewing the technology that we are utilising and there are plans in place to ensure that we evolve our technology in line with our employee needs.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Decent

Aug 12, 2022 - Client Service Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work colleagues and fun place to work

Cons

Slow on uptake for new technology

3. 4.0

P&C

Aug 4, 2022 - Document Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working atmosphere People all easy to work with

Cons

Training a bit light, chucked in at the deep end.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Going downhill more everyday

Jul 27, 2022 - Client Services Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

No additional working hours good working from home balance Good bonus

Cons

Salary way short of industry standard for similar roles (7IM) Workloads / resourcing not equal between teams High call volumes lack of progression Senior management don't seem to care about anything Zero staff retention Payrises typically below inflation Workloads going up and up and up but staff levels decreasing Not the same company it was before covid. Mass exodus of employees leaving knowing they can get better pay elsewhere and do less work

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are confident that our benefits package is competitive within the market and regularly benchmark salaries to ensure they are in line with comparable roles with competitors. As a company it has been important to listen to employees and we are delighted to have made the hybrid working model permanent and we are pleased you find this balance positive. Frequently recruiting internally has enabled us to offer significant progression opportunities across a variety of departments to those who are interested, so we are disappointed this has not been your experience. We recognise that work volumes have increased and are actively recruiting talent to ensure regional teams are able to handle these high volumes. Retention initiatives are underway as senior managers are aware of how these high volumes impact staff and we would encourage you to reach out to your manager with constructive suggestions if you feel comfortable doing so.

5. 4.0

Very good

Jun 9, 2022 - Client Services Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive staff and friendly atmosphere

Cons

None at the moment and been here a year

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your time at Transact so far and have found the staff to be supportive and friendly as we pride ourselves on our collaborative working environment.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Expect to give your pound of flesh

Jun 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary and bonus scheme

Cons

Don't expect any work/life balance, no sympathy if you have a family & need time off. Incredibly clique - only respect or have time for you if you've worked there for 10+yrs, or if willing to work 10+hrs a day. Back office is full of non-progressive dinosaurs.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you feel the salary is fair compensation and the bonus scheme is good. We are disappointed that your experience of the work life balance has not been positive and that you feel there are ‘cliques’ within the company. We strive for a collaborative and friendly working environment and from feedback know this is the experience of the majority of new starters. We will take your feedback on board and wish you well in your future career.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hard work!

May 2, 2022 - Customer Service Manager (CSM) in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay for the work type is decent

Cons

Workloads Expectations Lack of listening to what employees want or need

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We regularly benchmark our salaries against the market to ensure that we are offering a competitive package, we are pleased that this has been your experience. With more business moving onto the platform we know that most departments are currently dealing with high work volumes and we continue to recruit to support this additional work. We have also recently published an engagement survey, to understand what we are doing well and opportunities for change. We will continue to engage with employees to obtain their feedback on what they want and need.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Apr 3, 2022 - Office Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Lovely people. Good location.

Cons

There is imited room for promotion

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our London office location means we are in the hub of the City and our teams work hard to foster a friendly and collaborative atmosphere so we are pleased this has been your experience. As a company, we often recruit internally and over the past few months we have had many opportunities available. We would encourage you to speak to your manager and discuss a development plan to ensure you are able to reach your full potential with Transact.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No Progression

Mar 1, 2022 - Client Service Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

A decent salary for someone new to the industry Good benefits and bonus

Cons

There is no natural progression. Any promotion needs to be applied and then interviewed for. No recognition for work or performance

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our salaries and benefits package is regularly reviewed to ensure it remains in line with the market and we are delighted this has been your experience. We have robust recruitment processes in place even for internal appointments to ensure a fair procedure is always followed, this does mean that every role change has to be interviewed for by all candidates. We would encourage you to speak to your manager to discuss your future career progression, as well as potential training that would facilitate this.

10. 4.0

Very welcoming firm

Jan 8, 2022 - Client Operations Administrator in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing firm Lots to learn Friendly environment

Cons

Some procedures are unclear, causes confusion between teams

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Transact has grown rapidly over the last few years and we are proud at the continued growth and creation of new opportunities such as the Client Operations Administrator role. We are delighted to hear that you have found the culture to be friendly. However, it is disappointing that there is some confusion between teams over procedures as we also strive for an efficient, collaborative working environment. If you feel able, it would be highly beneficial to raise which procedures are unclear with your line manager so we can improve these processes for the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Reviews

Transact Reviews FAQs

Transact has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 86 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Transact to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Transact employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Transact. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

54% of Transact employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Transact 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Transact to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be benefits .

Popular Careers with Transact Job Seekers