Transact Reviews

Updated Jan 8, 2022

Found 71 of over 76 reviews

3.7
Transact Co -CEO Alex Scott and Jonathan Gunby  (no image)
Alex Scott and Jonathan Gunby
Pros
  • "Everyone at Transact is assigned a 'buddy' when they join, who helps them to get up to speed with the daily tasks(in 9 reviews)

• "Work life balance and some of the people(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Easy to be overlooked by senior management due to operations team size(in 3 reviews)

• "Have to write a minimum of 20 words to submit but can't think of anything to write about Transact that is negative(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

88 Comments

Finance

29K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Transact~334804
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Transact job

Dec 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours, location, good pay and training

Cons

Extremely busy at the moment

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you feel we offer good hours, location and pay. We also pride ourselves on the training opportunities we offer through secondments and professional qualifications and it is great that this has been your experience. Transact has continued to grow and as a consequence the business is dealing with high volumes of work. We have been, and will continue to actively recruit to support this and get new joiners on-boarded and trained as efficiently as possible.

2. 4.0

Very welcoming firm

Jan 8, 2022 - Client Operations Administrator in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing firm Lots to learn Friendly environment

Cons

Some procedures are unclear, causes confusion between teams

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work with increasing flexibility

Oct 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Forward thinking and responding to the pandemic. Allowing more flexible working patterns.

Cons

Not applicable at this time

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on listening to our employees and are pleased that we have been able to efficiently adapt and respond to the changing work environment during the pandemic. Our increased flexibility in regards to hybrid working has been driven by our employees and we are delighted to hear you have had such a positive experience working for Transact.

4. 2.0

good stepping stone company

Oct 27, 2021 - Client Services Manager (CSM)
      Business Outlook

Pros

good if you have little financial experience share scheme good pension

Cons

salary is below what competitors offer feedback is not welcomed and often stays with lower management levels - senior managers therefore do not know half of what goes on

Continue reading

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear that you view our pension and share scheme benefits positively. We do regularly benchmark our salaries against the wider market to ensure that our remuneration package remains competitive. We strive to ensure that our employees are given an opportunity to provide their feedback and escalate any concerns or worries they have. We are sorry to hear that this has not been your experience. It would be useful to gain further clarity on some of the points you have made in your review. If you are comfortable doing so, please do contact the Head of HR and she will be happy to arrange a time to discuss this further on a confidential basis.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Business is growing but job is declining

Oct 20, 2021 - Client Service Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discretionary Bonus Growing, succesful company

Cons

Company not staffing to keep up with growth Client Operations department bearing the brunt of ever increasing work volumes and insufficient resource

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Transact is growing at an exciting pace and the business is dealing with very high volumes of work which is affecting all departments. We are actively recruiting in record numbers and working to train new joiners as efficiently as possible. Our discretionary bonus is part of a generous benefits package and we are pleased you feel this is positive.

6. 4.0

Steady Job

Sep 7, 2021 - Client Services Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Yearly salary review Christmas bonus Progression opportunities Buying and selling of annual leave

Cons

Lots of phone calls No flexi hours

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our salary package is competitive and is reviewed regularly to ensure it aligns with the market. We are pleased that you have been able to utilise some of our benefits package, such as buying annual leave, and feel there are progression opportunities which we seek to facilitate via internal recruitment.

7. 3.0

Ok

Sep 2, 2021 - Trade Executor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyable team culture. Not overly corporate

Cons

Lack of progression or training Pay below market average

Continue reading

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are proud of our team culture and work to ensure all employees are supported with appropriate training, so we are disappointed to hear you felt there is a lack of progression and training. We continuously review our salaries to ensure they align with the market. With regard to training if you feel there are courses that would be valuable for you to complete please contact our training team so these can be discussed further.

8. 4.0

Work

Aug 19, 2021 - Client Services Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good job, learn a lot and the teams you work on get a strong bond. Work is always efficient. Good overall

Cons

They will give you a lot of work and you work to extremely tight deadlines. This can be extremely stressful at times

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are proud of the training we provide and the working culture that creates those strong team bonds. We are aware of the high volumes of work the Operations department are currently experiencing and we are actively recruiting to provide the department with extra support.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good place to work

Jul 23, 2021 - Client Services Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance and some of the people

Cons

Some of the people and clients

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are proud of our working culture and are pleased that you experienced a good work life balance whilst working at Transact. Wishing you the best of luck with your future career.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jul 2, 2021 - Client Service Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic training programme Great support Lots of knowledgeable people

Cons

Starting salary on the low side for the city (although good bonuses) Very busy and fast paced Limited career progression due to numbers of CSMs

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive experience at Transact. We strive to ensure that all of our employees feel supported and developed through robust training programmes and it is fantastic to hear you experienced this. Thank you for your feedback in regard to the CSM starting salary and opportunities for career progression. We conduct regular market reviews to ensure our salaries are fair and aligned to the marketplace and we frequently recruit internally to increase career progression opportunities. We wish you the best of luck with your future career.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Reviews