Transact Reviews

Updated 22 May 2021

Found 59 of over 63 reviews

4.0
Transact Co -CEO Alex Scott and Jonathan Gunby  (no image)
Alex Scott and Jonathan Gunby
Pros
  • "Work life balance, culture, varied job(in 6 reviews)

• "Good training for somebody relatively new to pensions, bonds etc, and supportive peers for continuous learning(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management are approachable and talented, however middle management are largely top-down oriented, "do-what-I-say" types(in 3 reviews)

• "Work can become repetitive but it's a good place to build experience and skills(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great work environment

20 Apr 2021 - Client Services Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place to work. Great vibe and good way of gaining broad industry experience

Cons

Little room for progression -

2. 1.0

22 May 2021 - Systems Administrator in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pros come to mind

Cons

Too many to list properly

3. 4.0

Fantastic work life balance

3 Jan 2021 - Client Services Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Friendly atmosphere Interesting roles Room to progress

Cons

None that I can think of

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. It is so good to hear that you feel the work life balance is great. At Transact, we are proud of our culture and will continue to promote a healthy work life balance for all. Thank you again for your feedback and good luck in your future career.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good role for gaining experience in industry

10 Jan 2021 - Client Service Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good role for gaining experience in industry - 1 or 2 years out of university

Cons

Comp isn’t the best. Staff turnover can be high

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for leaving a review. It is positive that you feel that the Client Service Manager role is good for gaining experience within Financial Services. The role is perfect for gaining a broad understanding of a variety of financial services products as well as building on client service skills so it is great that you felt you were able to do this. It is a shame that you feel that compensation is not the best and that staff turnover is high. Company turnover is 9% for the 12 months up to September 2020 but it is something that we continue to monitor and review together with our compensation package. Thank you again for your feedback and all the best for your future career.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a great role (CSM) ok company

29 Sep 2020 - Client Services Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture, everyone friendly

Cons

Really really really boring and monotonous job, that in releasing a piece of software should do, but they haven’t bothered figuring out how and instead pay an army of drones (client service managers) to plow through arbitrary ‘tasks’ in antiquated computers and software - hated it.

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Transact, we are proud of our culture and we are pleased that you felt everyone was friendly. We are continually reviewing and improving our software and we are always looking at ways to improve our systems and processes. Thank you for your valuable feedback and good luck in your future career. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good people, good perks, poor culture and environment

4 Feb 2020 - Anonymous in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Majority of staff are young and enthusiastic, nice location, good benefits. Good HR team and a roof terrace to relax.

Cons

Senior management are approachable and talented, however middle management are largely top-down oriented, "do-what-I-say" types. Passive-aggressive behaviour and even bullying is apparent, and there is practically no opportunity for non-management staff to contribute ideas and progress. Atmosphere on many days is toxic, and the workplace itself is drab, slightly shabby, and overcrowded. Meetings drag on for hours with no progress, teams don't interact with each other well and communication needs improvement across the board. No flexibility in work unless you're senior or favoured - facetime, putting in extra hours and knowing the right people seems to be the way to get noticed rather than productivity and talent.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it's great to hear that you liked the office location and thought positively of our benefits package. We are disappointed that you did not perceive there to be much opportunity to contribute towards business ideas and that you felt that communication within the business needs to be improved. We strive to foster a collaborative, engaging culture that empowers staff to grow and maximise their skills across the business through open communication. Opportunities are offered internally to apply for roles within different areas of the business, there are secondments and SME roles available to encourage ongoing learning and personal development. Once again, thank you for your feedback. We encourage openness and honesty to provide an environment whereby our employees feel listened to and supported and we will take into consideration each of the points you have raised. We wish you well in your future career.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for!

9 Mar 2020 - Compliane Monitoring Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very positive, supportive and overall professional culture. Excellent work life balance. Accessible and helpful senior management and executives.

Cons

My experience has been a positive one.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time time to leave such positive feedback. As a business we encourage open communication with employees at all levels, meaning that our senior management team and executive teams are highly visible on a day to day basis. We are so pleased you have enjoyed your time at Transact, thank you for all your hard work and contribution to Transact's success.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to learn

12 Dec 2019 - Client Services in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well performing company Great opportunity to learn about platform world with strong training programme Good bonus

Cons

Ops department is almost too big - hard to progress Low salary

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your time at Transact and feel our comprehensive training programme has been beneficial. We work hard to ensure all employees are continuously learning and developing and offer many developmental opportunities across the business. Please speak to your manager about how you would like to progress or contact the HR team if you want to discuss this further. We hope you continue to contribute to Transact’s ongoing success for many years to come!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good stepping stone company

9 Jan 2020 - Client Services Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good training, good benefits, good location

Cons

No major cons from my experience

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your time at Transact and feel our comprehensive training programme has been beneficial. We hope you continue to contribute to Transact’s ongoing success for many years to come!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very Promising So Far

5 Mar 2019 - Document Management Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Interview process was very straightforward and quick. Applied for the job on a Tuesday and had a formal job offer by Friday. Was made to feel very comfortable by recruitment team throughout. - Induction Process. Everyone at Transact is assigned a 'buddy' when they join, who helps them to get up to speed with the daily tasks. You progress at a good speed without ever feeling like a rabbit in the headlights. Opportunity to meet CEO too.

Cons

- Not much to say here. Work can vary from day to day, some days are very manic whilst some days there's not a lot to do but that's the nature of the industry.

Recruitment Manager

Thank your taking the time to leave a review. It is great to hear you are enjoying your time at Transact and that you valued the Induction process. We are very proud of our structured training programme and we strive to ensure that new staff feel supported throughout. Thank you for all your hard work and we hope you continue to contribute to Transact's ongoing success!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Reviews