Transact Employee Reviews about "transact"

Updated Mar 5, 2019

Found 11 of over 83 reviews

3.8
Transact Co -CEO Alex Scott and Jonathan Gunby  (no image)
Alex Scott and Jonathan Gunby
Pros
  • "Everyone at Transact is assigned a 'buddy' when they join, who helps them to get up to speed with the daily tasks(in 9 reviews)

• "Work life balance and some of the people(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Easy to be overlooked by senior management due to operations team size(in 3 reviews)

• "Have to write a minimum of 20 words to submit but can't think of anything to write about Transact that is negative(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

66.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Transact~334804
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "transact"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Very Promising So Far

Mar 5, 2019 - Document Management Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Interview process was very straightforward and quick. Applied for the job on a Tuesday and had a formal job offer by Friday. Was made to feel very comfortable by recruitment team throughout. - Induction Process. Everyone at Transact is assigned a 'buddy' when they join, who helps them to get up to speed with the daily tasks. You progress at a good speed without ever feeling like a rabbit in the headlights. Opportunity to meet CEO too.

Cons

- Not much to say here. Work can vary from day to day, some days are very manic whilst some days there's not a lot to do but that's the nature of the industry.

Recruitment Manager

Thank your taking the time to leave a review. It is great to hear you are enjoying your time at Transact and that you valued the Induction process. We are very proud of our structured training programme and we strive to ensure that new staff feel supported throughout. Thank you for all your hard work and we hope you continue to contribute to Transact's ongoing success!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work!

Apr 26, 2017 - Regional Operations Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Transact since 2006 & still love my job, that in itself speaks volumes. I have had fantastic opportunities during my time at Transact & I am a strong believer that if you have the right attitude & you work hard you have plenty of opportunity to progress within the business. Transact have offered me extensive support over the duration of my career, supporting me through various external qualifications& in house training, helping me to develop & grow as an individual. Transact has grown over the years, but we've managed to avoid becoming too 'corporate', people don't hide away in offices, if you fancy a chat with the Head of Department go for it. If you have an idea, raise it, and if it's a good idea you will work towards implementing it.

Cons

Working in the operations department is challenging, no one day is the same as the next. To stay on top of our game we make changes, frequently. If you don't like change, this could be a con. I wouldn't say this is a con, but you have to put something in this field.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give such detailed feedback. It is great to hear how you have progressed throughout the business since 2006 and how much you have enjoyed it. We hope this continues for you over the years to come!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great employer. Good training, opportunity and a nice working environment

Dec 19, 2016 - Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training Opportunity to progress Nice friendly environment Good salary

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you have enjoyed your time with Transact over the past few years, great to hear!

4. 4.0

Transact Review

Oct 12, 2016 -  in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transact is the best platform on the market. The CEO of Transact is friendly, down to earth and approachable. Overall, all of the managers at Transact are very nice, and take an active interest in their staff. There is a very active interest in the progress of employees, with courses and development programmes being well-advertised. Discretionary bonus is high. Both a driving and friendly work culture. Great location in London to work.

Cons

Transact Salary could be much more competitive - it appears that many valuable staff leave to perform the same role at other platforms/companies due to better pay.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good city job in financial services, underpaid compared to other companies.

Mar 19, 2016 - Client Operations in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus payment is roughly 30% of salary Knowledge in departments is rated highly Friendly staff and everyone seems approachable and a lot of hard working employees.

Cons

Lack in progression, HR promote this well when interviewed however management fail to assist. Bonus is paid over 6 months and salary is low. Management are the problem with the company, often out of touch and they will not listen to staff they consider 'below them'. They have a bigger problem - client operation employees are leaving transact at a rate they cannot recruit in time, so the work is affected overall. This should wake them up and appreciate the staff that do actually work hard.

5 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are working with the management team to ensure staff are more aware of the routes of progression available to them. Our Learning and Development team provide some great opportunities for development for staff and we are ensuring that staff are made more aware of the development the team can give them in order to allow them to progress to other roles within the organisation.

6. 5.0

Good Trainee Program

Feb 18, 2016 - Transact Trainee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well structured graduate program, with clear development paths. With options to study industry qualifications, funded by transact.

Cons

Larger drive towards certain areas of the company. However shadowing oppertunities do shed light on other areas within the company.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback - it is much appreciated.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Relaxed and friendly place to work.

Nov 19, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transact has proven to be a really enjoyable experience so far. The people, culture, work, and money are all great and I would recommend working here to anyone. Culture - The hours are reasonable and the level of stress around the building seems very low. There are times when we are busy but these are easy to plan for and there is a nice team spirit. The environment and the people are very relaxed with a collaborative rather than combative atmosphere. Money - I cannot say how they compare to other financial services companies but compared to other industries I have worked in we are well looked after. The benefits and bonus are also very welcome! Work - The work is interesting and there is plenty to do here. We set our own pace and change is managed far more pro actively than at other places I have worked.

Cons

There is a fairly entrepreneurial spirit here which has lead to some processes and systems feeling less mature than you might expect to find for a company of this size. If you are coming here from a super corporate background you might be in for a surprise or two. It didn't bother me but it could take some getting used to.

8. 5.0

Trainee

Aug 18, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I must say I am truly grateful for the opportunities given to me by the Graduate Program here at Transact. Previously I had no experience in financial services, but working as a trainee has eased me into this sector. Personal development is a big part of the role here and the sky is the limit in terms of how far you want to go. If you do well here and stand out it will be recognised by management.

Cons

N/a

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Would highly reccomend

Jul 13, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked at Transact for approximately 9 years, I think this is a fantastic company to work for. With lots of opportunities to progress in the company and the flexibility to move to different departments Transact has given me a great support and development in my career progression. If you are willing to work hard you will benefit from the success of the company.

Cons

None that I can think of.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Sales Support

Jul 2, 2015 -  in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am a fairly new starter here and can honestly say Transact welcomed me with open arms! The recruitment process was smooth and I was always kept in the loop. The staff are relateable, extremely down to earth, and more importantly approachable if I have ever had any problems or help. The salary and bonus perks are great and I have already been given options to further develop my career here which is fantastic for me. The list goes on, I dont think there are many companies out there where staff feel as thought they belong, and in comparison to my previous role Transact is up there my a huge margin.

Cons

I have none so far

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your positive review. We're glad that you are enjoying your role and the employee culture here at Transact and hope you continue to succeed in your career with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews