TransferWise Full Stack Developer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 5 reviews

5.0
TransferWise CEO Kristo Käärman
Kristo Käärman

"Work however you like & work on whatever you like"

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I think our culture is pretty unique in the sense that I can choose to work from home whenever I want and naturally we have problems but from what I’ve seen people air those problems out and we are pretty good at addressing them head on. I also like that I can push whatever projects I want & generally people don’t even question me on it - not that questions are a bad thing. Fairly generous travel policy to compensate...

Cons

Base salaries are below market for engineers - but I’ve heard the People team are looking to address this. Career development is a black box - again I heard that the People team are looking to address this aswell.

Advice to Management

Please don’t listen to complaints from people about not being active as management. The hands-off approach is better for the long-term and forces compromises between teams.

TransferWise2019-02-02

"Full Stack Developer"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

great salaries amazing atmosphere free and complete breakfast free lunch on Fridays all company paid holidays amazing flexibility on work location

Cons

as a young company, too many changes in the product and teams structure

TransferWise2018-10-02
  3. "A place where you can thrive - if you fit the culture."

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

At TransferWise you are given the opportunity to forge your own path, use your initiative and challenge ideas of others. Expect your ideas and decisions to be dissected but always in a constructive way. There is a huge opportunity to learn from the best across many different fields.

Cons

The culture here of autonomy and, some might say, politics can be difficult for some people. Convincing others to buy in to your ideas as they try to push their own can be a challenge. In the end the work produced is of top quality but sometimes you end up discussing what to do for longer than you should.

Advice to Management

Formalise the roles and expectations of leads, and help them balance these against their day job. Streamline some HR processes to make everyone's lives easier. Don't let the culture we have slip!

TransferWise2018-02-25
  4. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Full Stack Developer in Tallinn

I worked at TransferWise for more than a year

Pros

Friendly environment Employees do listen to your opinions

Cons

Did not find any cons

Advice to Management

Keep working the same way!

TransferWise2018-05-27

"Great place to work at"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Tallinn

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- there is room to grow, my team lead gives me opportunities to expand my skills and experience, and there is the chance to move to other teams and roles - you are given a high degree of freedom on projects and in general, as long as you can justify and explain your choices - as the company is still young and growing, there is plenty of new and interesting projects to work on - the company has strong, decent values...

Cons

- it is a very fast paced environment which can be stressful at times - having highly autonomous teams can make large distributed projects more difficult and make it harder to focus teams on particular things - with the very large and quick growth there are sometimes growing pains that go with it

Advice to Management

- worth regularly looking at what salary and benefits the company offers, compared to other companies, to ensure its competitive - highly autonomous teams are generally great, but it can cause some friction, so its good to try to be aware of it and avoid it where possible

TransferWise2018-03-12