TransferWise KYC Analyst Reviews

Updated 3 Aug 2020

4.3
TransferWise CEO Kristo Käärman
Kristo Käärman
  1. "Couldn't recommend it enough"

Current Employee - KYC Agent in Tallinn

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

- They are so forthcoming with everything, really make you feel appreciated and valued. - So many opportunities to progress and make a difference, pursue the path you are interested in with side projects. - Free food and company events! - Working from home if you wish to.

Cons

- As they're still a relatively new company, not everything is set in stone which is a good thing if you're keen to make a difference and help progress and grow the company. It can also sometimes be frustrating if you like structure.

Continue reading

"Benefits are slightly better than most US positions"

Current Employee - KYC Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are slightly better than most US positions. In particular PTO and 401k match are pretty decent.

Cons

Poor communication, poor leadership, poor pay, poor opportunities for advancement in the Tampa location.

"Nice Startup"

Former Employee - Kyc Specialist in Tallinn

I worked at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

CEO is super passionate about company, stock options, startup vibe, awesome co-workers

Cons

Not much chance to grow, low salary compared to work you need to do.

4. "My wonderful team"

Current Employee - KYC Agent

I have been working at TransferWise full-time

Pros

TransferWise provides staff with a very conducive work environment where team work excels. As an employee, you have the opportunity to grow and develop yourself while ensuring customers satisfaction. For me, TransferWise is the best place to be as i have been able to expand my network meeting very amazing people that have added value to my life.

Cons

There are no downsides for me.

5. "Growing and also organized"

Current Employee - CDD/KYC Reviewer in Tallinn

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Onboarding process is very organized and the operations are clearly defined. Currently everybody is working from home, but there is no mess in the operation, as long as I know. People are kind, and honest. They are assertive but I have never seen mean people. International, and I don't feel awkward being a foreigner. Work-life balance is super, especially compared to Japanese companies. lol

Cons

The pay really depends on the regions you are located. They do bench marking time to time, to align the compensation to the regional market. I think it's fair enough. My pay is lower than I had before, but I'm very satisfied because of the people, work place, decision making process, and mission itself. I wonder how HR can hire very talented people without market highest compensation. It's totally opposite of Netflix, I think. Maybe this is why the culture is warm, and people respect each other. They don't really care who earns like how much. Or never boast for earning more.

Continue reading

"What's it like working at Transferwise?"

Former Employee - Senior KYC Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at TransferWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Limitless positive energy from executive management. Free trip to Estonia every summer.

Cons

Imagine working in the same role for two years, only to learn that your wage increases were only the result of the entry level pay for your role being raised. Imagine training new employees who are being paid the same wage as you, after having been with the company for years. Imagine having no immediate manager to champion your concerns. You have to handle it yourself and pray that middle management remembers you, amidst their own dysfunction. What's it like working at Transferwise? Just like working anywhere else.

TransferWise Response

May 12, 2020Chief People Officer

Thanks for sharing your honest feedback, it's really important to us and helps us as we continue to build TransferWise for the future. I'm sorry to hear you felt this way about your time at TransferWise. We're regularly reviewing our salary ranges to ensure they continue to be competitive and we review salary ranges for all employees globally at least every 12 months. As you know in addition to salary we offer competitive stock options for all employees to share in the long term success in the company. We have an open feedback culture so we hope you felt able to share this feedback with your team lead or a member of the People Team when you were with us. Any other info or feedback you'd like to share with us can help us improve our culture and would be much appreciated. If you’re up for a confidential chat, please email employerbrand@transferwise.com and the team will connect us. Thanks, Ross

7. "It is the job you make it yourself"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior KYC Agent in Tallinn

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of different positions to choose from, always possible to pursue your interests, great colleagues and team spirit. Working from home or remotely supported.

Cons

Compensation below average for the field and location, lots of responsibility, job involves a lot of routine tasks

8. "Company Review"

Current Employee - KYC Agent in Tallinn

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a company, it is one of the best places to work with (especially for a working parent). Awesome people, awesome culture. The best part is the level of acceptance for different cultures as there are more than 70 nationalities working here.

Cons

The nature of work in verification is a bit monotonous/ routine.

Continue reading

"Not as good as it once was"

Current Employee - Kyc Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health and dental benefits International travel to Estonia

Cons

Has become more corporate with hierarchy like any other company and offering less flexibility, but with low to average compensation in the industry

Continue reading
  10. "Overall good for a start"

4.0
    Current Employee - Kyc Specialist in Tallinn
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

a lot of freedom and flexibility; in general young and very international team; cool offices with food, events, coffee. candies you name it

Cons

low salary, a lot of monotonous work

Found 31 reviews