TransferWise Operations Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Oct 2019

4.2
TransferWise CEO Kristo Käärman
Kristo Käärman
  1. "Good place to work at"

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Friendly environment - Opportunities to lead great projects - Working with people from different cultures - Lots of perks and benefits in addition to your paycheck - Pet-friendly office

Cons

- Not many opportunities to keep growing - There's barely any higher positions to get promoted to - Pay rate is not too competitive

Advice to Management

Bring more management position to Tampa. Otherwise people don't have possibilities to keep growing and stay in the company for the long run.

TransferWise2019-10-11
  2. "Ops"

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, you have much freedom with your own ideas and to work independently.

Cons

Not as much flexibility in certain teams

TransferWise2019-09-20
  3. "Great company that cares about its employees."

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work atmosphere. Motivated colleagues. Freedom to find your niche and work on projects that interest you. Tons of opportunities internally. Annual company wide trip to Estonia. No dress code. Team lunches once per week. Cool office. Very good work/life balance.

Cons

Salary compensation is average to low. This might get offset with other benefits, such as stock options, 23 days PTO, nice work from home policy. Though salary compensation should be reviewed in a better way and more often.

TransferWise2019-09-20

"Like High School but you get paid to do you own projects"

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, great office, team lunch, good benefits, great international colleagues, Summer Days

Cons

Pay is low for the profit margin and industry, not much diversity in terms of POCs, drama levels high due to a few bad apples which is common with start-up. Long hours. I do not feel very included since there are not as many of "me" within the company/office, cultural differences have caused issues for me that could of been avoided if my teammates were more familiar with my culture.

Advice to Management

Nip the drama levels in the bud. It will push great talent to leave the company due to individuals not the actual company. Be more fair with opportunities, dont offer positions to "friends" only. I have see ALOT of people get flown to offices and new jobs based on being friends with Team Leads and Senior Management. Improve the work/life balance.

5. "Operations Specialist"

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Challenging work, get to use problem solving skills, constantly learning new things, friendly and supportive work environment, room for personal and career developments

Cons

Overwhelming workloads from time to time. Other than that, everything is good.

TransferWise2019-03-18

"Road to success"

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Amazing people to work with - Freedom - Endless opportunities for growth - Full support from the lead

Cons

- Leads under constant pressure and workload - Burnout is easy to come if you do not take care of yourself

Advice to Management

To arrange more physical activities around the office or include the sport benefit into the deal

TransferWise2018-02-21

"Very enjoyable with a good level of challenge"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Singapore

I have been working at TransferWise full-time

Pros

Love the environment, very different from the big MNCs or traditional Asian sort of company. No micromanaging, a lot of responsibilities (don't worry it's manageable) and a lot of fun. Every day is different so work isn't boring. We have a cool office! Everyone is very helpful, if there's anything you want to know, you can just ask and the "open" attitude is real. Even when others are busy they won't be rude or... anything they would arrange a separate time to teach you stuff. A really diverse office with people from all over the world, so you can learn lots about other cultures as well. Making mistakes doesn't make you a loser or criminal here, the focus is very much on understanding what went wrong and then moving on, try not to make the same mistake. If you're looking for something with a human touch, a place where there is recognition for the person you are, not just where you're from or what background you have, come and give it a try. Most of us are fun people (i think :p) Free food and drinks quite often too (;

Cons

Honestly hard to find one, but for now our coffee machine isn't ready yet... but soon.. soon it will be.... perrrrrfect.

TransferWise2017-09-21

"I love to work in TransferWise."

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

TrasferWise do the best for employees to work comfortable and happy. We are so spoiled and I'm happy to work at Transferwise Great environment, great people Pet friendly, we can take our lovely pets to the office. Massage chairs Team lunch Drinks and Snacks Unlimited coffee and tea RunWise and so on!

Cons

Not enough restrooms we are many people but we are going to move next year so its going to be solved.

Advice to Management

More activities to gather all teams, to understand each other and work in team even better.

TransferWise2015-10-07
  9. "Best Job EVER!"

Operation Specialist - AKA Ninja in Tallinn

I have been working at TransferWise

Pros

Amazing work environment Team events Friendly co-workers Possibilities of Growing Free food once in a while Privilege of being a world changer Possibilities of doing something that matters Possibilities of work remotely Flexible hours

Cons

Sometimes, I love my job more than my boyfriend!

TransferWise2015-10-07