TransferWise "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

TransferWise Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 5 Nov 2019

4.6
TransferWise CEO Kristo Käärman
Kristo Käärman
Pros
  • "Fast paced work environment teaches skills that may otherwise take much longer(in 43 reviews)

• "Great people that you get to work with(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "The "autonomous teams" has its downfalls too - mainly the communication between teams during different projects(in 23 reviews)

• "Cross-team efforts are not so easy to coordinate as all teams are autonomous(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Working at TransferWise"

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, collegiate team, work ownership, great remuneration, team support, great work/ life balance.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

TransferWise2019-11-05

"Time to start acting like a real company"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great people who are passionate about the mission - lovely offices - trusted to get your job done with flexible working conditionds - freedom to get the job done

Cons

- lack of any strategy or decision making by the 'leadership' team is starting to slow us down and - benefits and pay not keeping up with rest of London - no real chance to progress at careers, all about short term delivery as the only priority.

Advice to Management

Lots of great people have joined since the start of the year and they want to get on and help us move faster. But are held back my lack of decisions and any business strategy. You can't rely on all the new people to understand the history. It doesnt need to become a process heavy place but some leadership empowered to actually make decisions will help everyone.

TransferWise2018-08-05

"Great place to unleash potential"

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fantastic young, flexible culture to really help you develop (especially coming from a large financial organisation where I was previously) - Fast-paced, quick moving environment which keeps you on your feet with plenty to do. - Lots of opportunity to travel (within reason), which coming from an organisation which used to have travel bans, is so refreshing. - Great opportunity make an impact to actual customers. The customer is always the mission - and this focus never changes. You feel like you can actually transform a product to help customers. - Really good environment to work in. The office is great, people are super friendly and Friday lunch + drinks in London is great.

Cons

- Very young culture (perhaps if you are older - you may struggle to fit in culturally) - If you like structure, and process - this place isn't for you - No real clarity on career development. Not a deal breaker if you are new, but if you are the type of person who likes to have a long term career plan mapped out, you may struggle.

Advice to Management

More clarity needed around career development. Ensure we keep growing fast whilst keeping things fun.

TransferWise2018-04-23

"Don't buy into the hype"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TransferWise full-time

Pros

Lots of work related travel. There are a couple of really great people there.

Cons

Very cold employer with little to no attempt at wellbeing. Typical startup thinking; that a fancy office and a ping-pong table is all employee's need. Many people in leadership positions for being last person standing, rather than being a great leader. Very little individuality, it's company at all costs. Saw many people burn out and it was deemed as their fault for not fitting in with the company. Boys club. Overall, a very disappointing place to work. Lots of hype on glassdoor.

TransferWise2018-01-12

"great culture, meaningful work"

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is what makes TransferWise. Great people who truly believe in the mission and a team that's enabled to execute with very few barriers (what we call autonomous teams). The business's ambition + the ability to impact give a strong sense of empowerment and the engagement levels are unmatched. Your career at TransferWise is truly what you make of it, the culture and structure within the business enable this to an extent that I have not seen elsewhere.

Cons

It can be overwhelming and chaotic at times, but what do you expect from a (very) fast growing business? There's a lack of process in some areas and your impact can be determined by your ability to understand how things get done within this environment. However this also gives a lot of flexibility/autonomy once you've figured this out.

Advice to Management

As the business scales internationally we'll need to foster the same sense of engagement and communication across offices as we have within our local offices. Not an easy thing to do but key to executing in the right way with high standards and moving at pace.

TransferWise2015-10-07

"Software Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Workplace, great people, awesome culture. In the interview process 90% you will be interviewed by the VPs and at least one of the founders. Don't get scared, be honest, direct, simply put: be yourself. The guys here are one of the most open environments i've been. As an employee you are highly autonomous and the people you work with are just great.

Cons

- the interview process was long - the

TransferWise2015-07-08
  7. "A great company to work for"

Current Intern - Intern in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise for less than a year

Pros

Great people, goal oriented, customer focused, free lunch on Fridays

Cons

In my opinion, not much really

TransferWise2015-02-22
  8. "Happy to work here"

Current Employee - Kyc Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Benefits - Flexibility - Great people

Cons

- Not all office locations have the same career opportunities available as the bigger offices - Pay is not competitive compared to others in the industry

Advice to Management

- Grow the Tampa office and be open to more remote work flexibility

TransferWise2019-10-22
  9. "Awesome company I rate 5/5"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lenient, friendly and just a company with overall great people

Cons

I'm not sure what cons this company has

Advice to Management

You all are great

TransferWise2019-09-20
  10. "Best workplace in Tampa"

Current Employee - North America CS Team Lead in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Ability to create your own schedules 2. Autonomous working environment 3. Great people that you get to work with 4. Amazing perks/benefits - PTO, weekly lunch catered, Sick time, Vacation to Estonia 5. Lots of opportunity to travel and connect to other teams in different offices 6. No two days are the same and you won't be bored

Cons

1. Overwhelming at times with everything that is going on. 2. Lots of tasks (they are rewarding however)

TransferWise2019-09-20