TransferWise Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 5 Sep 2020

4.4
TransferWise CEO Kristo Käärman
Kristo Käärman
Pros
  • "TransferWise provides staff with a very conducive work environment where team work excels(in 52 reviews)

• "Great people that you get to work with(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Autonomous teams means that often you need to "lobby" with other teams to get things done(in 35 reviews)

• "Cross-team efforts are not so easy to coordinate as all teams are autonomous(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fantastic company to work for!"

Current Employee - Reward Specialist in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Autonomous teams; means you can get stuff done, quick! Quarterly planning ; so you know what is happening and kept up to speed Fantastic benefits - work from home, flexible working, events, lunch, travel! Growise every 6 months to make sure your career is moving in the direction you wish. Intelligent, warm and friendly people to work with

Cons

I've been here for 6 months and have enjoyed everything about working here.

Continue reading

"Plenty of opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Breakfast in the mornings (cereal, toast, avocadoes), free soda/coffee throughout the day. Team lunch ordered in on Fridays and open bar with beer/wine on Friday evenings. Plenty of events organized such as speakers, yoga sessions, comedy nights, Halloween/Christmas party, summer days are great.. If you want to take on more responsibility, you won't be stopped. Very open culture, people are friendly. Strong feedback culture, people will tell you if you're doing something wrong which is great for personal development. They will also tell you if you're doing something right. Not hierarchical at all (which isn't ALWAYS a positive when you need someone to do something for you..). Liberal work from home allowance. People team cares about the employees. Nobody checks what time you're in/out of the office. People are keen on you not working too much, very healthy approach to work-life balance.

Cons

Mid-level compensation. Analyst career progression is very unclear. Analyst compensation motivation is very unclear. TransferWise analytics are not particularly rigorous, do not expect to develop more intense data science/stats skills on the job.

Continue reading

3. "Great people, great product, great culture..."

Current Employee - People Team in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work with some seriously smart people here. I constantly feel driven and challenged to think differently all the time. We are scaling quickly, so really this is an environment for people that can handle a fast paced, but inclusive environment. I also have two kids, one of the biggest things for me is that no-one batters an eye at the time i come in late or leave early... Or that i work from home one day a week. Loads of great perks; 6 week paid sabbatical + your holiday for that year, annual all company paid trip, stock options, breakfast, friday lunches, 5% pension, yoga, gym and more.

Cons

Nothing... I love this company!

"Work however you like & work on whatever you like"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in London, England

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think our culture is pretty unique in the sense that I can choose to work from home whenever I want and naturally we have problems but from what I’ve seen people air those problems out and we are pretty good at addressing them head on. I also like that I can push whatever projects I want & generally people don’t even question me on it - not that questions are a bad thing. Fairly generous travel policy to compensate for issues with having a highly distributed team. It’ll feel very cult like initially but trust me it gets better after a couple of years of being here.

Cons

Base salaries are below market for engineers - but I’ve heard the People team are looking to address this. Career development is a black box - again I heard that the People team are looking to address this aswell.

Continue reading
  5. "Great culture, but messy implementation of expectations"

Current Employee - CS Agent
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is there to help you out, great people who wants to find solutions. Compensation with SportID is nice. Great to work from home.

Cons

Expectations are not very clear —statistics and QA reviews are helpful to individuals but not great when an agent does not have the time to be able to look through it thoroughly. Many others go through their QA outside of their work hours, so the work-life balance is not great. Adding pages where an agent has to fill up for a weekly meeting takes time off, especially when individuals need to figure out on how to maximize the stats. Management needs to be clearer in stating expectations. Autonomous teams are great when it works, however, there are some pitfalls. Spaces with information are not updated or are led to broken links. Important Slack updates which affect products are not added to such spaces.

6. COVID-19

"Great company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist (HR Specialist) in Tallinn
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great people to work with - Great company culture - Autonomous teams, which means that teams can decide what they really need to work on - Flexible working (can work from home if needed), mostly wfh during Covid - Employees are given stock options - Team lunches - Great offices - Dogs are allowed in offices - Summer Days

Cons

- Salaries are okay, but could be better, especially when comparing to other companies in the market - It's a very fast-paced company, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but can get very stressful at times

7. "Company that cares for its employees and works towards a clear mission"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Tallinn

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Our team, the mission, the autonomy and I really appreciate the option to work from home. We have grown a lot during the past years but we're still aiming to keep as much of the startup culture as we can. It never gets boring and as long as you're interested, there are plenty of growth opportunities inside the company.

Cons

It can be hard to grasp all the information that you need when you join. Things are changing very fast as the company develops rapidly and it might not suit all people the same.

8. "Great!"

Current Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Budapest

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very big push to work from home. Agile

Cons

none so far, enjoyable company

9. "Nice working environment. Good benefits and salary."

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Budapest

I have been working at TransferWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good salary, work from home, food and drink provided.

Cons

None flexible scheduling. Work life balance is poor with scheduling changing all the time.

Continue reading
  10. "Fast paced fintech company"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I worked at TransferWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great office environment - supportive colleagues - dogs in the office - awesome mission - flexible working hours - opportunity to work from home - lots of events and hobby groups - career opportunities and opportunities to show your talent

Cons

- danger of burning out - slowly getting more corporate (inevitable considering the size and it’s growth) - salary should be higher considering the responsibility what info is provided to customers (but it’s arguable as you get stock options. So it’s your own call what you value more)

Found 20 reviews