Travelodge Hotels (UK) Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 401 reviews

3.9
Travelodge Hotels (UK) CEO Peter Gowers
Peter Gowers
Pros
  • "I have joined Travelodge as a housekeeping team member and then I have worked all the way up to supervisor position(in 30 reviews)

• "flexible hours with easy going management, having the ability to enrol on the in house management program(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "This job is minimum wage (however everyone is paid the same wage)(in 42 reviews)

• "So much change happening with more and more expected from the hotel manager whilst doing shifts on reception(in 32 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company to work for as a student"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Coventry, England

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) part-time for more than a year

Pros

- ability to transfer to different Travelodge Hotels - flexible hours - room discounts - possibility to advance in career - great for students who wish to find a part time while studying

Cons

- the job is payed at minimum wage

Travelodge Hotels (UK)2019-05-13
  2. "Unexpected career"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Oxford, England

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The career progression in the company is brilliant starting as a night receptionist and became an assistant manager within 3 years Great benifits rooms, great teams to work with and good upper management. You get out what you put in

Cons

Staffing levels. Team members pay, investment in the estate

Advice to Management

Invest in the hotels in need, have a banding system so we can reward team members who do more

Travelodge Hotels (UK)2019-09-15
  3. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Ecrm Executive in Thame, England

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working alongside and learning from such a talented, welcoming team. The skills and technical knowledge that I have learned from those around me is invaluable and something that I am truly grateful for. The investment Travelodge makes into every individual is amazing. Multiple workshops are held each month along with opportunities for personal development and growth. Amazing company culture and fantastic people... to work for and with.

Cons

Nothing to add. Not applicable.

Travelodge Hotels (UK)2019-09-09
  4. "Benefit"

Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) part-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits and enjoyable

Cons

Nothing I have to complain about

Travelodge Hotels (UK)2019-09-03
  5. "Amazing for students!"

Current Employee - Receptionist in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) part-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is paid equally and you are made to feel like a respected member of the team. Flexible shift patterns, manager will help to plan around your academic/personal life. Double pay on bank holidays. Half price stays at Travelodge Hotels! Very good work experience, hospitality roles can look great on any CV. Opportunity to advance, just don't expect much of a pay rise.

Cons

Your experience is really dependant on the quality of the manager with little to no check-ups from upper management. Again this depends on the manager but feedback can often be ignored. This may be unique to our hotel but the cleaning team can be very hard to communicate with, perhaps due to the generation gap as they tend to be much older than the reception team. A manager may see your hotel simply as a... stepping stone to promotion, I have personally worked for about five different managers in the space of a year. Some were great, some needed to go back to training.

Advice to Management

Do more to gather feedback from receptionists and not just management. Managers will exaggerate and bend the truth to make their hotel look good at the expense of their staff.

Travelodge Hotels (UK)2019-08-29

Travelodge Hotels (UK) Response

August 30, 2019Resourcing and Talent Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear your comments about working as a student at Travelodge. We also understand how important your manager is to how you feel at work. Should you have any concerns or need support, we'd encourage you to speak to your ...

6. "professional and structured interview"

Current Employee - General Manager in London, England

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interview was structured, friendly and professional

Cons

Follow up on available opportunities

Travelodge Hotels (UK)2019-08-22
  7. "Found My New Home"

Current Employee - Hotel Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Upper Management Care About People. I cannot fault Travelodge from the recruitment process to induction, I am amazed how good they really are. Up to 50% off accommodation, 10%. for family. Employees Discount Website. More important They Care About The Team not just the profit. I work with amazing people. Good work life balance

Cons

None. I can see so far

Advice to Management

Never forget people are the biggest asset to any company. Keep up the good work

Travelodge Hotels (UK) Response

August 22, 2019Resourcing and Talent Team

Welcome to the team and thank you for sharing your experience. It's so lovely to read your comments. We wish you every success at Travelodge.

8. "great start to develop work skills"

Current Employee - Porter in Holborn, England

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

definitely helps improve work skills

Cons

do not wish to say

Travelodge Hotels (UK)2019-08-19
  9. "Challenging Staffing resource"

Former Employee - Hotel Manager in London, England

I worked at Travelodge Hotels (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent salary level and benefits

Cons

High staff turnover, puts huge pressure on managers

10. "Room cleaners"

Current Employee - Team Member in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

friendly work atmosphere, super managers

Cons

No air conditioning on the floor

Advice to Management

No advice

Travelodge Hotels (UK)2019-07-27