Cover image for Trayport

Found 95 of over 101 reviews

4.4
Trayport President Peter Conroy
Peter Conroy

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
Cons
    1. 5.0
      FEATURED REVIEW
      2 Oct 2023
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Complicated and Challenging Work, which leads to constant learning and never getting bored - Amazing Colleagues, some of the best in the business, always someone to learn from or develop new skills with - Good Benefits (and a pretty good bonus) - Helpful HR and People Team - Constantly Pushing Recruitment Team to hire the best - Great socials which are relatively regularly and different each time - (Somewhat) Cool Office, could do with a better A/C for height of summer - I've worked with some good and bad places but it's easy to see why Trayport attracts and retains it's staff at superb levels, the people do really make it special -

Cons

- The only con I've had, and I've seen it mentioned before is promotions are hard to come by, on one case it's because there are so many great people but I would argue it's probably because the levels are relatively flat, and sub levels could be added to make it easier to achieve the next level.

7 Nov 2023
        Software Developer
        Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting projects to work on. The socials have been great for meeting people. I haven't been here long but can already see that they take career development seriously. So far so good - would recommend!

Cons

Lots to learn and take on in first few months, but lots of support from my team.

2. Join the Trayport team
        See Our Latest Jobs
          30 Sept 2023
          Exploratory Tester
          Business Outlook

Pros

- great people - good culture - flexible working - performance based bonuses - very interesting projects

Cons

Promotion process is unnecessarily complicated. There are also many people who work there since forever and it is hard to move up in your career.

1. 1.0
            10 Aug 2023
            Technical Consultant
            Former Employee, less than 1 year
            Business Outlook

Pros

The free snacks in the office

Cons

Environment is not diverse, if you're a talented foreigner go work somewhere else as you will not be appreciated here. The job and technologies they use are extremely old school and boring. It's not a welcoming environment, they treat you like you were in school and people are boring like the British weather.

Thanks for providing some feedback. Sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience. We're always looking at ways to support greater diversity and as such have done a range of different things. I'd be keen to understand more regarding not feeling appreciated. Please reach out directly to me at recruitment@trayport.com to discuss in more detail.

14 Apr 2023
              Senior Exploratory Tester
              Former Employee, more than 5 years
              Business Outlook

Pros

-The people are great, I have made several life long friends -The office is modern, recently refurbished and very nice to work in -Hybrid working was great -Great Social events organised by the company, both large scale things like Summer BBQs and in office Pizza parties -Development process is good with a focus on tech debit and testing -Anyone can make a difference if they want -Hackathons! -PDP time

Cons

-Owned by a large Canadian corporation, some of the North American Business culture was starting to creep in. -Did work on some nightmare projects with bad management, but it has gotten much better -Aversion to Cloud, getting better but still very slow progress -

Thanks for taking the time to respond. The People often comes out in reviews and surveys as to why people stay so long and what they most enjoy about working in Trayport.

1. 3.0
                2 Apr 2023
                Software Engineer
                Business Outlook

Pros

- OK salary (not great but better than average) - Decent bonuses (~20%, although on a decreasing trend) - Above average pension (2% + 7%) - Above average holidays (27 + 8) - Decent sick leave (10 paid days) - Overall good engineering culture - Lots of great people - Generally no overtime expected or work during weekends (with exceptions like IT on-call etc) - Profitable company over many years - Steady growth of headcount, offices in a few countries, acquisitions - No layoffs in UK (yet?) - Location (Liverpool St) well connected by public transport - Some decent benefits (like £55/m for fitness) - No strict dress code - Some flexibility regarding work arrangements (e.g. fewer days a week or different hours) - Renovated office - Regular anonymous surveys, showing that they seem to care about the employees (or at least pretend to do so, I don't know)

Cons

- Bonuses getting worse, an avg performer got < 15% this year (before it would have been >=20%). - Little transparency on how bonuses are calculated - Often heavy workload, concurrent demands that need to be pushed back - Not the newest tech stack (both internally and client facing) - Infrequent hardware refreshes (5+ years) - Company successful principally because it's a de facto monopoly. Little competition in Europe (for now). - Benefits' values not updated in years - Some benefits removed, e.g. the £22/m broadband allowance. HR justified it like: "Many weren't aware of its existence, and therefore it wasn't fair, so we removed it for everyone". In reality, it was never advertised as a benefit to new joiners. Just admit it was to reduce costs! - Salary reviews frozen in 2021 because of "uncertain markets", despite record revenue and earnings in both 2020 and 2021 - Parent company (TMX) has lowered budgets for fun stuff (rare socials, smaller allowances) - Low social budget (£15 for lunch in central London) - Politics - Uninspiring, corporate leadership. Company meetings consist of generic slideshows filled with "Synergy, deliver value, growth" - At the end of 2022, when asked (anonymously) about raising salaries in line with inflation (10%), the CEO (Conroy) said it would irresponsible because "it would drive inflation even higher". What a socially responsible leader! - At the first company meeting of 2023, all anonymous questions were ignored. They answered them later on the corporate website with mostly nonsense - Career progression is a riddle wrapped inside a mystery - The objective based system to value employee performance is fairly bureaucratic and often disliked - Remote work is somewhat frowned upon. Corporate demands 50% office presence, despite having successfully worked fully remotely during Covid. That has driven many people away. Some long timers have managed to go full remote but they are exceptions; if you're considering a job here, forget about it - Some toxic people and cliques, within and outside management and HR - Primitive management of timesheets... some "managers" message people 1 by 1 to tell them to complete timesheets. A bit silly for a 30 years old tech company - Parent company (TMX) organises company events with drag queens and native Indian Americans (could be a pro or neutral to some) - Usual corporate stuff (slogans, HR giving each other meaningless awards to feel important etc)

1. 2.0
                  12 Apr 2023
                  Former Employee, more than 1 year
                  Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers attractive benefits that can result in long-term savings for employees, such as access to discounted gym equipment through their fitness program. In addition, they host virtual concerts, which serve as a welcome break from work obligations. The building is situated near Liverpool Street Station, and the commute is relatively short. Initially, there is a lot to absorb, but the company facilitates the learning process by providing helpful guidance and pacing the instruction appropriately. While some individuals are friendly and easy to converse with, others can come across as disengaged and may speak condescendingly. The company does not impose any strict dress code. Employees are free to dress comfortably, according to their personal preference, within reason.

Cons

The company's atmosphere and culture didn't seem like a good match for me, as it came across as a façade. The technology used is outdated and can hinder productivity. Additionally, the workload is high relative to the salary offered. Although they offer a hybrid work schedule, with three days in the office and two days at home, the company is not receptive to the idea of full-time remote work, which would benefit employees. Additionally, when an employee calls in sick, it can disrupt the hybrid schedule, potentially necessitating full-time in-office work. Furthermore, there is a discrepancy in the allocation of remote work privileges, where one employee may have the opportunity to work remotely for an extended duration while another has to work from the office and follow instructions from remote colleagues. The excessive use of Google Chat in the workplace can be bothersome, and at times, it may become necessary to appear offline. Additionally, some group chats may be filled with irrelevant or unnecessary information, requiring individuals to exit the group chat. The workload can be excessively monotonous, with limited opportunities for professional growth and advancement.

Thanks for taking the time to post. It's good to see that there are a lot of positives. Appreciate Hybrid isn't for everyone but for us it is an important part for our people to learn, innovate and build connections

12 Jun 2023
                    Systems Engineer
                    Former Employee, less than 1 year
                    Business Outlook

Pros

great friendly environment, excellent discretionary bonus, benefits, all-day breakfast, drinks, weekly free food

Cons

slow career progress, you have to find your own project

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

1. 2.0
                      6 Mar 2023
                      Software Engineer
                      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great team. - Somewhat decent benefits. - Culture or learning/knowledge sharing and transparency. - Interview process is one the many things they got right, this was one of the best experiences I've had so far. - Regular company-wide hackathons.

Cons

- Office if not very well equipped: small low-end monitors, uncomfortable chairs, bad lighting. - No flexibility in terms of remote working. - Pay is below average.

Thanks for your post and providing some feedback. We do have a hybrid approach to working which does have flexibility built in. Regarding the office, we're always open to taking feedback and if we can, make those adjustments. I'll pass on the feedback but please reach out to me directly if you want to speak in more detail. On the plus side there are some really good positives.

3 May 2023
                        Technical Support Analyst
                        Business Outlook

Pros

very social, highly recommend applying and working here

Cons

a lot of people are not happy with the pay scale

Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Trayport Reviews FAQs

Trayport has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 101 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Trayport to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Trayport employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Trayport. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

90% of Trayport employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Trayport 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Trayport Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Analytical Chemist

Do you experience that how long the hiring process would take at Thermo Fisher? I got my second interview with hiring manager at the beginning of November but I haven’t heard nothing from them. When I’ve emailed them to check in they just said that the process would be slow, no time frame. I would be able to get an offer soon from other company but work as contractor. Should I wait for Thermo Fisher?

7 Comments

KPMG

Booz Allen Hamilton Recently applied and I've been referred for an interview! Any tips on interviewing with Booz Allen? And if I am being asked to complete clearance and background upfront, is this a good indicator for being hired?

3 Comments

Alex L.

Applied for a job a few weeks back, got a call from HR yesterday morning about an interview next week. She mentioned she'd shoot me an email with all the interview details, but so far, my inbox is empty. Assuming I'll hear from her early next week, is it normal for them to expect me to show up for an in-person interview on short notice, like couple days?

3 Comments

Glassdoor has 101 Trayport reviews submitted anonymously by Trayport employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Trayport is right for you.