Treasury Wine Estates Reviews

Updated 29 Jun 2020

2.6
Treasury Wine Estates Chief Executive Office (CEO) Michael Clarke
Michael Clarke
Pros
  • "Great brands, usually hire great people(in 33 reviews)

• "Great people to work with - very helpful and supportive(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "I find it incredible that senior management have called the shared service centre transition a success when it has been anything but a disaster(in 18 reviews)

• "Unstable company with a lot of upper management changes that resulted in mass company layoff(in 17 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Great Start"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Twickenham, England

I have been working at Treasury Wine Estates full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Excellent Induction during COVID 19 - Very friendly team - Interesting and exiting work

Cons

- Haven't been able to meet anyone face to face (clients or colleagues) due to the pandemic. No fault of the company, though!

June 10, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Europe

Thank you for your time in leaving us a review. It is truly a challenging time and we are happy that you are settling in well under the circumstances.

2. "Friendly although very old fashion work place"

I have been working at Treasury Wine Estates full-time

Pros

Very generous wine allowance !

Cons

NO flexibility and despite numerous claims "Working from home" does not exist in company's culture. in general there are not many standard employee benefits

April 15, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Europe

TWE operates a fully flexible working policy that is available to individuals subject to line manager approval. Thank you for your feedback. We support, wherever possible, flexible working arrangements aligning both business and work-life priorities. In support of work-life priorities we offer a range of benefits including, as mentioned, wine allowance, free family private medical, free travel insurance, 25 days holiday, pilates classes plus much much more. All benefits info can be reviewed on the Benefits Portal. Please see HR if you are unsure of where to access this.

"Great place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - European Marketing Director & Regional Manager Nordics in London, England

I worked at Treasury Wine Estates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Category, The People, The Brands

Cons

Smallest Region So Sometimes Forgotten Limited Investment

April 15, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Europe

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback

4. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Twickenham, England

I worked at Treasury Wine Estates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really great atmosphere in the office and a fun team. HR are supportive and always looking for ways to improve - regular whole office training, guest speakers, feedback is always welcome, health and well being and social committees who can actually make a difference etc. Very flexible with working hours/working from home. Great staff allowance of free wine plus frequent extras. Fun office parties and away days.

Cons

frequent restructures can make it feel a little uneasy about who will be leaving next.

April 15, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Europe

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback

"Prepare to work like a dog with no recognition"

1.0

I have been working at Treasury Wine Estates full-time

Pros

Nice colleagues (with a few notable exceptions), sometimes interesting work and good benefits

Cons

Due to the recent organisational restructure and the introduction of a Shared Service Centre in India, many people in the European office have been laid off with probably more redundancies to come, leading to a lot of uncertainty. However, the projects and new initiatives are coming in thick and fast, so staff are expected to deliver more but with far fewer resources and the “support” of a shared service centre that creates more work and stress rather than reduces it, as a result of their complete lack of care and (dare I say it) competence. I find it incredible that senior management have called the shared service centre transition a success when it has been anything but a disaster. What planet are they living on? Trying talking to the troops on the ground (i.e. the people doing the actual work) before reaching such a conclusion. It doesn’t help that my line manager doesn’t provide any recognition or appreciation for the sheer effort I put in day after day with frequent weekend working. It would be nice if my manager actually responded to my emails every now and again, or even simply acknowledge my existence - that would be a start. I find it incredibly unfair that for some people, working 12 hour days are normal just to keep their head above water (which is taken for granted) whilst some people are in on time and leave the office on the dot like clockwork. Either I’m incredibly inefficient or there is a very uneven distribution of work - I strongly suspect the latter!! I think a new job in the new year beckons just to preserve my health and my sanity.

April 15, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Europe

Thanks for your insight. We take the concerns seriously. We’ve seen good stability in our GBS platform in the 12 months since launch and we have already addressed concerns around resourcing where workload was impacted. From the personal impact on working hours please have a direct conversation with your line manager or local HR lead to formalise the situation and establish the necessary improvement plan.

"Turbulent times for the company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Finance in Twickenham, England

I worked at Treasury Wine Estates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture of change which requires some people to learn, adapt & be flexible. The company implements changes very quickly. The few selected "stars" & favoured ones can make a really good career with development opportunities, periodic promotions/benefit & bonus reviews etc. Unfortunately, the majority of people do not fall into this category.

Cons

Change implementation happens quickly, mostly without proper project planning, which drives many inefficiencies and causes frictions in teams and overall negatively impacts the staff morale. Despite promoting Diversity & Inclusion as well as cost cutting/savings etc. , the leadership team/senior managers preach water and drink wine.

April 15, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Europe

Thank you for your feedback and comments.

"Fantastic Corporate Culture"

I have been working at Treasury Wine Estates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Varied work with incredibly fun and helpful co-workers.

Cons

A lack of centralised company information, as well as communication and understanding of different departments and job roles has created inefficient work practices. Some tasks take far longer than they should to complete.

February 5, 2019Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Europe

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We would certainly welcome shadow days for colleagues to enrich their development and business acumen. Please speak to your line manager to incorporate this into your development plan. Also, have you considered joining the 'Ways of Working Team' to help us to strive for further efficiencies across the business?

8. "Ambitious company with a good work-life balance"

I have been working at Treasury Wine Estates full-time

Pros

Nice people, ambitious company and good work/life balance offering options for flexible working

Cons

Some of the systems could do with an update as this can take up unnecessary time and requires manual intervention

January 7, 2019Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Europe

Thank you so much for your comments. We have been working on our ways of working for a few years now but improvements can always be made.

9. "Great brands, great people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Treasury Wine Estates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

TWE has supportive people and is a lively place to work.

Cons

You must like change to thrive here.

November 5, 2018Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Europe

Thank you for your time in leaving us feedback. Change certainly is the one constant at TWE. We have a few of different bonus schemes but ultimately everyone is eligible for a bonus, but it depends under which scheme. Please stop by HR or refer to the new Benefits portal for details.

"Can highly recommend..."

I have been working at Treasury Wine Estates full-time for less than a year

Pros

TWE has a supportive, collaborative and inclusive culture. It's great to work on a portfolio of strong brands, with a clear focus on innovation and customer collaboration to support ambitious plans. People are friendly, approachable and willing to help regardless of seniority.

Cons

None that immediately spring to mind.

November 2, 2018Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Europe

Thanks so much for your comments.

Found 324 reviews