Trouva Reviews

Updated 31 Jul 2020

3.5

"Great opportunity to influence a growing business & learn loads"

Former Employee - Customer Operations

I worked at Trouva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Trouva is a fantastic concept headed up by some of the smartest people I’ve worked with. It’s a hard working culture and it has great values at its core. Management respect intelligence and directness and I always found them willing to give the time of day to anyone who wanted a chat, whether that be line manager or intern. It's a place for people who are talented, genuinely interested in independent retail, and excited by figuring out difficult problems. It's also a whole lot of fun.

Cons

It's easy to slip into the pace of working long hours here, best suited for people who are looking for a challenge to throw themselves in to, and who are happy to stick around late knowing they'll go home happier if they've sorted something out.

"I love working here"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s exciting to work for such an innovative company and to be part of the journey. You can feel that people are dedicated to their jobs and are proud to work here. Recently there has been a lot of investment in training and development. You will meet many talented people. The team spirit is great and there is a sense of belonging. The work can be challenging, but I always felt that the business takes an active approach in keeping employees happy and motivated (work from home options, perks, social events).

Cons

The salaries are not shockingly low, but could be higher. It seems difficult and lengthy to get a pay rise or promotion but it’s certainly not impossible and hard work seems to the rewarded. Since it’s a growing company it can sometimes be a difficult to get an insight in what other teams are doing and see the larger scale.

Continue reading

"Great people, mission, although high expectations"

Former Employee - Operations Executive in London, England

I worked at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great mission, helping independent shops. Really bright people who I enjoyed working with. Company shares. Company growing super fast so always something changing.

Cons

Management have very high expectations, this is definitely not a 9-5 job, which led to some of my being let go. Operations can be monotonous.

Continue reading

"Awesome job, lots to learn, equity over salary"

Current Employee - Business Development in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love my role, flying around Europe to sign up boutiques. Fast paced. Nice team events.

Cons

Don't come here if you want the best salaries, there is more money in sales elsewhere, although perks/equity definitely helps make up for it

"Great mission, lovely people and big opportunity to learn and drive change"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Trouva full-time for more than a year

Pros

- You are given ownership and are trusted to drive change and make decisions in your area - Great team of people who are expert in what they do, you will learn a lot from others - Friendly and fun atmosphere with plenty of socialising and events - The people believe in the mission, genuinely care and it’s exciting to see the growth and ideas come to life - Beautiful products! - Fast paced and always evolving

Cons

- It’s a start up so teams are small, and that means you need to get stuck in. Not necessarily a bad thing!

"One of fastest growing startups in UK"

Former Employee - Tech Lead in London, England

I worked at Trouva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Trouva is different to many tech startups as it is having an impact in pretty much any city/town/village around the UK (and now lots of Europe). As an employee when you are travelling around you can almost always find a boutique shop working with Trouva, walk in and have a chat to a small business owner that is supported by Trouva. As an employee I always found that really motivating and cool. It has grown really fast over the last few years, which means there is always an exciting new challenge on the horizon. For some people that might be a bit overwhelming as the pace of growth and change is really high. But what it will teach you is how to prioritise what is really important, and work out how to deliver what is needed in the fastest and leanest way possible to impact the business. A skill that is critical to Trouva surviving, but something that all employers will value later and a great training ground.

Cons

The company is growing really fast. That is where a lot of the positives come from, but that won't be for everyone. The problems that were critical to helping the business grow and survive can shift pretty quickly. And the founders won't be afraid to recognise that and turn the company on a dime to refocus on a new set of goals. That can be disconcerting and difficult at times. The fast growth also means that people might be facing a problem for the first time, from the founders, through the senior management team and down to every level in the company. Not everyone will want that pressure to be jumping into the unknown when there might not be someone around in the company with direct experience of the problem to mentor you through it.

"Lovely place to work"

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Trouva full-time

Pros

I enjoyed my time at the company very much. The great thing about interning at a startup such as Trouva is the massive amount you learn, right from day one. No two days are the same and I was never bored. The lovely people and general positive culture really make the company. There is a fantastic sense of collaboration and cross-team coordination, practices that can be hard to come by in many workplaces out there. Overall, I would highly recommend working at Trouva - as long as you’re prepared to throw yourself in and embrace everything that comes your way, you’ll find it a rewarding place to work.

Cons

If you don’t like working at pace or find a little pressure too stressful, this might not be the place for you. As with many tech startups, things can change in an instant, so you have to stay adaptable.

"Approaching my 1st year at Trouva"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's not often you get to be part of a business that is experiencing such phenomenal growth and is truly on the cusp of becoming "the next big thing". The environment is dynamic and innovative - teams are constantly trying new things and there's lots of autonomy and proactivity. Pursuing an opportunity or area for improvement is actively encouraged and you won't come up against the red tape or long approval chains of larger corporate (aided by a very open, flat structure). Crucially, a good work-life balance is also really respected at Trouva (particularly compared to other early stage high-growth start-ups I've experienced). People here work very hard but benefit from flexible working hours and don't hang around until ungodly hours in the office!

Cons

As a start-up, Trouva is fast paced and there is inevitably lots of changes to processes, projects and priorities. To succeed here you need to be able to adapt very quickly and easily.

"Trouva"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

A passionate, engaged team who care about the company's mission - to help independent boutiques thrive online. Good strategy and they communicate it, organised, well structured processes. Great place for those who are proactive in their day-to-day jobs and careers. They are getting into weekly yoga and meditation sessions, and the company seems to love baking for each other!

Cons

No big cons. It is a company, there are always challenges. It is a start up, there is always lots to do.

"Exciting work at a fast growing company"

Current Employee - Operations in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Massive flexibility to make the role your own - Everyone engaged to drive the business forward - Founders still play an active role in setting the direction of the business - Very little bureaucracy, definitely given the freedom to get the job done - Good culture of documenting things to try and retain knowledge - Weekly drinks, regular socials, summer and Christmas parties etc..

Cons

- Because there are so many opportunities to explore, strategy can seem a little scattergun with many different project and initiatives on the go making it hard to prioritise - Explosive growth brings the usual problems of scalability vs short term gains, but to be expected from any startup

Found 41 reviews