Trumaker Employee Reviews about "lot of money"

Updated 26 Dec 2017

3.6
Trumaker Founder and CEO Mark Lovas (no image)
Mark Lovas
Pros
  • "flexible schedule, fun, great support systems in place(in 6 reviews)

• "Opportunity to make a lot of money, there is NO salary cap(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "This job is not for the faint of heart, and I didn't really understand that going into the Outfitter position(in 9 reviews)

• "The training is nonexistent there is no one to go to for help and even their senior leadership isn't able to answer questions and talks in circles(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "lot of money"

Return to all Reviews

"Potential to Make Money Money... IF you can build a book of business"

Current Employee - Outfitter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Trumaker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to make a lot of money, there is NO salary cap. If you can make 30-60 calls a day then you will be making $10k+ per month. However, you must build this from your own personal network, ask for referrals, and be consistent. Trumaker provides leads, as well but only 50-100 at a time, which is only supplemental to your business. Socially, you can meet so many people that you would normally never cross paths with. Many of my clients have become great friends. The work culture is also great. If you work hard and are at the top 10-20 for the year, you'll win a trip to Mexico with the team. The outfitters are very supportive of one another and the CEO/senior managers are very accessible. If you're willing to learn and go by the Trumaker book, you'll be successful here.

Cons

You have to be willing to work. If you sit on facebook all day, you will not get paid, unlike other jobs. There is no extra reimbursement for phone, car, parking, etc - this is included in the ~$30-50k base salary. If you aren't willing to reach out to clients multiple times & ask for referrals, this job is not for you. This is a job dealing with male customers who can be very picky about their custom fit clothing - you'll need to deal with a lot of personalities, not all pleasant. Not a lot of room for upward mobility.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Outfitter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Trumaker full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will love the people you work with! Flexible and creative sales job with a cool start up. Every day is different and new - very social and relationship based. Lots of growth potential and your voice is heard as we are a start up. Cool to have influence in a company and be able to communicate with anyone at anytime. Potential to make a lot of money if you put in the work!

Cons

If you aren't organized or motivated, this will be a challenge for you - as with most sales jobs.

"flexible"

Current Employee - Outfitter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Trumaker part-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible schedule, fun, great support systems in place. There is potential to make a lot of money, but you need to invest a lot of time and have the personality to not take rejection personally.

Cons

hard to stick to your schedule, hard to get your own clients. Its a referral based system, so there a re a lot of phone calls and following up to get a sale.

Continue reading

"Unrealistic, no base pay, severe micro-managing, humiliating"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Trumaker part-time for less than a year

Pros

You can make a lot of money if your daddy is a millionaire and buys a ton of shirts.

Cons

-You are required to contact EVERYONE you know as potential clients (i.e.: family, coworkers, exes, etc.) and severely humiliate yourself, but possibly not make a cent. -No leads from the company when you start. -2 days UNPAID training. -Constant micro-managing (I'm talking SEVERAL emails per day, quizzes, etc.) -They say you "work for yourself", but the daily check-ins (even on holidays!!) is worse than any office job I EVER had. And none of your time is compensated unless you sell anything. -Difficult sales, unrealistic expectations (yes, you can make money if you have a very wealthy circle of friends willing to buy shirts from you, basically just to help you out.)

Trumaker Response

June 2, 2017Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed to hear you’ve had a bad experience with Trumaker, and we genuinely value your feedback. The Outfitter role has transitioned to a full-time salaried role with a bonusing structure compensation package and additional benefits. These include, but are not limited to, medical and commuter benefits, access to a showroom to host clients and events, and a company-generated lead program. We do ask Outfitters to reach out to their personal network as a way to build their client base, and word of mouth referrals typically yield great results for our field sales teams. As for our management team, we feel we never stop learning to be better; we are actively working toward a culture of positive personal growth.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.