Trumaker Employee Reviews about "no one"

Updated 13 Feb 2017

3.6
Trumaker Founder and CEO Mark Lovas (no image)
Mark Lovas
Pros
  • "flexible schedule, fun, great support systems in place(in 6 reviews)

• "Opportunity to make a lot of money, there is NO salary cap(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "This job is not for the faint of heart, and I didn't really understand that going into the Outfitter position(in 9 reviews)

• "The training is nonexistent there is no one to go to for help and even their senior leadership isn't able to answer questions and talks in circles(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "no one"

Return to all Reviews

"Going downhill fast"

Current Employee - Outfitter

I have been working at Trumaker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Trumaker has some cool clothes and some hip young employees who know how to have a good time. It is great company to work for if you are looking to get into styling and learn more about mens clothing also a great place to make connections.

Cons

They hire you as independent contractors because they don't want to commit to you until you earn it. They pay commission only but tell you that you get a base but then if you don't hit your numbers the base is threatened to be taken away so it is actually commission only. The training is nonexistent there is no one to go to for help and even their senior leadership isn't able to answer questions and talks in circles. Even their annual conference which is meant for product training and team bonding is only an option for those who sell enough which I never understood. Team trips every year also only include the main clique which makes everyone feel excluded. Unless you are okay being a lone soldier and doing everything on your own you will not be successful here. They do not give you anything you need to succeed making you use your cell phone and even your personal laptop to conduct business. Apparently once you hit certain benchmarks you get to be an employee but they still don't support you and then your taxes sick in and your pay is cut in half. Everyone whispers about one another and there is no respect across any levels even with executives.

Continue reading

"Overworked, underpaid and favoritism"

Former Contractor - Outfitter

I worked at Trumaker for more than a year

Pros

I met some great people working at Trumaker. They have some great employees and I made lifelong friends. I also love meeting with clients and styling guys and helping them feel better about themselves.

Cons

This company seems to have lost its way, when I talked to people who had been there for a while they always reminisced on the good old days and how fun the company used to be. This job is hardcore sales and is all about the numbers and it is very misleading going into it. A lot of members of the sales leadership team have never actually sold and don't fully understand the challenges. They only give company leads to their favorite sales people and everyone else has to get their own leads which is really hard. We were all underpaid and over worked and could barely afford to live. They have you working around the clock, literally. I was forced to work early mornings, late nights, weekends even holidays but wasn't paid for my time. Also the favoritism is crazy here, it is always the same people being praised and no one else ever has the chance to shine. The leaders here came from selling knives door to door and it shows. Very aggressive and cheesy sales tactics used. Not a real job, or a fun one. If you are looking for a hardcore door to door sales job that will have you working around the clock then maybe this is for you. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend. The flexibility is only for the favorites as well if you aren't a favorite you are worked to the bone.

Trumaker Response

June 2, 2017Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed to hear you’ve had a bad experience with Trumaker, and we genuinely value your feedback. As of 2017, the Outfitter role is a full-time salaried position. The Outfitter position is a sales-heavy role, and we support our field sales team with the materials necessary to succeed. These include, but are not limited to, measuring and product training, access to showrooms to host clients and events, and a company-generated leads program. We do ask Outfitters to reach out to their personal network as a way to build their client base. We reward and appreciate all our team members. We strive to treat each person in a manner we would wish to be treated.

3. "Trumaker - Flexibilty, good money, great people. Awesome products!"

5.0
    Current Contractor - Outfitter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Trumaker for more than a year

Pros

Management in SF is very personable and involved. No one is unreachable. Leaders in territories are more like coaches than bosses, so it is a very encouraging and fun environment. I've worked her for over 1.5 years, it was tough at first to build momentum (I made $3k the first month) but now I reach out to clients and leads 3-5 times a week for 1-2 hours and I make $6-12k a month depending on my sales. I also only work 5 hours a day (2 hours of booking sessions, 3 hours on the road for appointments) and can take a day off or go out of town whenever I want - it's amazing. They are very generous with compensation and bonuses. You also get to work from home! The team has weekly meet ups 2-3 times a week though so if you need support or want to work with others, its possible! The products are amazing too, so it's easy to sell.

Cons

You have to be your own boss, self-motivated, and consistent. It's easy to fall behind on this job because no one is telling you to do anything - you have to push yourself, but if you do, you'll be rewarded with pay that reflects it. As a 1099 employee, they won't offer you benefits. You also have to source your own leads.

"Horrible and annoying"

Current Employee - Outfitter in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Trumaker full-time for less than a year

Pros

None I have absolutely nothing good to say about this company besides the material of the clothing is nice but you can get it somewhere else for a reasonable price.

Cons

It's a crap job! You aren't a men's stylist you are their personal marketers. It's horrible! You are literally going door to door trying to sale their clothing. The only styling you do is taking their measurements. You only get 18% percent commission which is bull because you have to go out and sucker people into buying these overly priced shirts and sweaters! I would recommend no one to work here. They pretty much teach you how to fool people into buying their product for two days during "training" which you do not get paid for! Then they send you on your way with no leads!! They make you harass people on your Facebook. So whether you make money or not they benefit because you're out there telling people about their brand while you make no money because it's all commission!

Trumaker Response

June 2, 2017Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed to hear you’ve had a bad experience with Trumaker, and we genuinely value your feedback. The Outfitter position is a sales-heavy role, and we support our field sales team with the materials necessary to succeed. These include, but are not limited to, measuring and product training, access to showrooms to host clients and events, and a company-generated leads program. We do ask Outfitters to reach out to their personal network as a way to build their client base. As of 2017, the Outfitter role is a full-time salaried position and Outfitters receive training on their first day as an employee.

"Not your typical sales job, because it's awesome!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Outfitter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trumaker full-time for more than a year

Pros

As an Outfitter, having a flexible schedule is incredible. There are full-time and part time opportunities to fit anyones lifestyle. It is very easy to incorporate Trumaker into your life if you have another job or are in school. The company culture is wonderful. Being able to work side-by-side with the corporate team at the HQ is a privileged for those of us in the Bay Area. The management, support, and product teams are amazing.

Cons

Being self-motivated is a must as an Outfitter. You really have to take it upon yourself to do the work, no one is going to do it for you.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.