Tutorful Reviews

Found 44 of over 50 reviews

4.3
Tutorful CEO Mark Hughes
Mark Hughes
Pros
  • "Lots of exciting things on the horizon for tutorful as well, the company is growing and moving with the market(in 23 reviews)

• "Platform is overall easy to use and connect students to the teachers(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Tutorful doesn’t give a reference(in 17 reviews)

• "Company takes 25% of your earnings(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

167.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tutorful~1183862
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

A fantastic start with a forward thinking and friendly company

Jun 8, 2022 - Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The absolute best thing about the company so far has been the people - Everyone is extremely friendly and can't do enough to help. Working conditions are excellent, with an office that is comfortable and spacious, with also the facility to work from home on a regular basis if needed. Processes and functions are well thought out and in place to support success of the business, and the company seeks feedback as to how things can be improved. Really happy to have found my way here and I am looking forward to building my career with Tutorful for many years to come

Cons

Nothing I have found so far!

Culture and Development Lead

Thank you for your review! We're so pleased to hear you've had a great experience with us so far. We really do work with amazing people and work really hard to ensure you feel supported and have consistent feedback channels, so it's great to hear you feel the impact of that. We're really happy to have you join our team of brilliant people and can't wait to see where your Tutorful journey takes you!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Okay site

Jun 21, 2022 - Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good site most of the time, easy to use

Cons

Sometimes site freezes or crashes, very high % taken by company per hour

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

At least the colleagues were cool

Jun 3, 2022 - Customer Support Expert in Sheffield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing teammates, friends for life

Cons

Poor pay, unprofessional management, incredibly demanding role due to faulty product

Continue reading

Culture & Development Lead

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. It's lovely to hear you met some great people and have made friends for life - we're super proud to work with such awesome people. However, I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Tutorful was not as positive as we strive to make it. We all work hard to ensure we have a great place to work - we openly encourage feedback wherever possible, from the very beginning and right the way through your Tutorful journey. We have quarterly review cycles with regular 121s, as well as an employee feedback survey twice per year. Specifically for Customer Success, the managers share an anonymous feedback survey once per quarter to hear how the team feels about the role and their management. We hope this combination of feedback channels would encourage our people to share their concerns and open communication lines to address things like manager satisfaction. Further to this, we've had regular training in place for all of our leaders for the last few years and are currently investing further in that area with manager specific training for our direct line managers. Our team works really hard on our product to both maintain and improve it - our development squads have representatives from every team in the company, including Customer Success, to make sure we're looking at things from all angles. To ensure accessibility across teams even further, we have multiple feedback and improvement channels between Customer Success, Development & Product that are continuously monitored and help to determine our next steps. We strive to give everyone who leaves Tutorful the opportunity to catch up with the People Team to share their experiences and talk through any improvements that could be made. If for some reason you didn't have this, or if you'd like to talk about anything, please feel free to reach out to me directly by email (emily@tutorful.co.uk).

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Jan 17, 2022 - Customer Success in Sheffield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive culture Lovely people Interesting Great training Get development budget

Cons

None I can think of

Tutorful Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so pleased to hear all of the things that you love about working for Tutorful. We're really proud to invest in our lovely people with great training and development, and it's great to hear you find your role interesting!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lovely company to work for

Nov 13, 2021 - Product Designer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and great company

Cons

There nothing negative to say

Tutorful Response

Thanks for your feedback. It's lovely to hear you think our team is great - we think so too! Keep us in the loop as your Tutorful journey progresses - we'd love to hear how things are going.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awful place to work

Sep 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

None, what so ever. Promises never fulfilled by management. Awful work environment, everything is so "forced"

Cons

Everything, compared to other startups, poor wage. "Socials" are just cringeworthy and the demand placed on you for the return is pathetic

2 people found this review helpful

Culture & Development Lead

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'm sorry that the way you experienced Tutorful wasn't as positive as we'd all have liked. We work hard to make sure we have clear goals and open communication, and that we all know why what we're doing matters - it's one of our core values. We have a process in place to ensure our salaries are fair, and we're upfront about them throughout recruitment. We're proud to be able to offer team socials every month so that everyone has the time and opportunity to get to know each other, and we consistently reach out for feedback, ideas and suggestions, offering multiple social options to ensure inclusivity wherever we can. If you'd like to talk about anything, please feel free to reach out to me directly by email (emily@tutorful.co.uk)

7. 5.0

Forward-thinking company

May 24, 2021 - Content Marketing Executive in Sheffield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working, management is approachable, colleagues are supportive, work is varied, and I've never seen so much internal progression in a company! They really do invest in their staff with training budgets, mentorship programmes and lots of internal opportunities. Lots of exciting things on the horizon for tutorful as well, the company is growing and moving with the market.

Cons

None that I can think of!

1 person found this review helpful

Tutorful Response

Thanks so much for this wonderful feedback. We agree - it's been amazing to see so many of our brilliant people grow into new roles, we're so proud of our team and are really pleased to be able to invest so much back into our people. We're all excited about our future too, and it's great to have you on board for the ride!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A welcoming team with a very big dream!

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best onboarding I've ever had - provision of equipment and information has been second to none, even when working from home. Amazingly welcoming team - the organisation works hard to make the culture at Tutorful inviting and inclusive and it shows! Very flexible working Monthly company socials - online throughout the pandemic A startup with a big dream - the work is fast and great fun and individuals can make a real difference

Cons

Absolutely none I can think of!

Tutorful Response

Thank you for your review! It's amazing to hear about your onboarding journey - we've worked hard to make sure you get the same welcoming experience, no matter where you are working from. We're really proud of our culture and inclusivity at Tutorful and we're pleased you think so too. Thanks for the difference you are making every day!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company - making a difference!

Mar 29, 2021 - Marketing in Sheffield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team and Culture Exciting and progressive space Ability to make a difference

Cons

None that majorly spring to mind.

Continue reading

Co-Founder

Thanks, great to hear! Mark

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, very flexible and friendly.

Mar 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sheffield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours, great team structure and amazing people to work with.

Cons

The company can sometimes change direction quite quickly, but this is kind of expected from a startup and growing company.

2 people found this review helpful

Culture & Development Lead

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so pleased to hear that you think Tutorful is a great place to work - we couldn't agree more that we work with such amazing people. We're proud to be able to offer flexible working to help our team work in the best way for them and find the right work/life balance. We're growing quickly and excited to see what we can achieve together! Thanks again, if you have any other feedback please feel free to reach out - Emily (Culture & Development Lead)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews

Tutorful Reviews FAQs

Tutorful has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 50 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Tutorful to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tutorful employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tutorful. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

86% of Tutorful employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tutorful 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Tutorful Job Seekers