UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Employee Reviews about "kronos"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

Found 439 of over 3,944 reviews

4.1
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) CEO Aron Ain
Aron Ain
1,959 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work life balance is great here(in 468 reviews)

• "I will recommend people to join Kronos (Now Ultimate(in 311 reviews)

• Cons
  • "52 company on the same list/year (Kronos) with the(in 219 reviews)

• "Work life balance is difficult depending on which division you are in(in 102 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

219 Comments

Tech

82K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)~7900
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "kronos"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company ever

Oct 22, 2019 - Inside Sales Representative in Bracknell, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The number 1 pro of being a Kronite is working for a company that actual does care for its employees, engages them, look after them, respects them and gives them real, tangible benefits. So many company claim to look after their employees, but in reality just give them some free fruit or a once a year low budget summer BBQ. At Kronos you get it all, great pay, healthcare, dental, life insurance, events, awards, recognition and more! The company itself is in an excellent economic position, we are financially stable, growing rapidly and adding new and exciting products and services all the time. We engage employees globally, are kept up to date with company strategy, results, plans and objectives. Despite being a global company, we have genuinely close relationships with our peers, which is a testament to the way that Kronos operate. They bring together their most valuable assets - their employees - regular for the positive benefit of the business. As a Sales person, I love selling Kronos' products. We have market leading solutions across Workforce Management and Human Capital Management, constantly winning awards for innovation and products, most recently for AIMEE our A.I. engine. Have you seen Workforce Dimensions? Mind blowing! It's easy to sell solutions which you genuinely believe in. At Kronos, we really practice what we preach.

Cons

We have struggled in the UK with marketing presence, however we have addressed this with exciting new hires in the last few weeks so this isn't really a con any more! No payroll in the UK - yet! Again, they are actively working on this for FY20, so it's not even a con either!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Support During Maternity Leave

Dec 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kronos is a Great Place to Work! The unique culture and working environment has helped make my maternity leave as stress free as possible, enabling me to concentrate on the new addition to my family. Prior to my 12 months leave, I was able to take an active role in the recruitment of my cover, which really helped put me at ease and was great to be able to handover any active work. I also had the flexibility of working from home or taking time off during the last stages of pregnancy when physical movement became difficult. During my leave, I had the opportunity to keep in touch and my manager and team regularly kept me up to date with major changes and general happenings at work. I did 8 paid ‘Keeping in Touch’ days during the year and the support I received during these days was phenomenal. It felt so good to be part of a team again, taking a break from childcare duties. But even when I couldn’t find childcare, my little one was welcomed into the office, so I could still participate in important meetings. Upon my return, I have been able to do a phased return to work, working just a few days a week at first, to reduce the shock to both me and my little one and give me time to get my brain into gear.

Cons

Even more communication during the build up to my to my return could have helped my unexplained anxiety about returning to work and leaving my little one. Athough I do know there is an EAP available.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Found my home

Oct 11, 2018 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coming from my previous employer 7 years ago I was blown away by the positive culture working at Kronos corporate. The politics are there but manageable. I thought I’d be on a 2-5 year stint with Kronos but now I don’t see myself leaving anytime soon.

Cons

It’s a small world working at Kronos. When you join you stop looking elsewhere and your industry skills are limited as it relates to transferability.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Company

Oct 15, 2018 - Sales in Bracknell, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic company with fantastic people. Kronos really empowers you to be the best version of you and encourages you to succeed!

Cons

This is really difficult because so much is changing within the company for the better!

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

my review of Kronos

May 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company, Great Products.

Cons

undoubtedly one of the worst companies I have ever had the misfortune of working for there are no clear defined processes in place. Management really only care about themselves there was no support from management during my time with Kronos. No training or support you are thrown in at the deep end.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to be, if you can manage yourself

May 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Wokingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are the type of person to achieve success and drive yourself, you will fit in fine

Cons

If you are not the type of person that can manage themselves, and needs a bit of management, then Kronos may not be for you. You are very much left alone.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good but needs some work

Jun 1, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kronos UK is a good company to work for if you like the feel of small business in a larger organization. The office environment is vibrant although prone to some politics/pettiness, and the pay was good for my role. There's a very inclusive nature to the UK business with lots of socials arranged and some great people working there. Product innovation is good but needs to be more localized for EMEA (no point sending out Product updates when we can't sell it!). Great place to get embedded into the HCM market and good attitude to hiring more millennials and driving remote selling. People seem to either stay a very long time or leave within the first year or so.

Cons

US management need to realize that talking International is not the same as working in International. Far too much content, including benefits, are aimed at US employees and customers, and internal collaboration tools need work. Despite lots of talk there has been very little real action, and EMEA remains a tad adrift from the mother ship without consistent leadership or control over local process. Benefits need improving as do internal tools and platforms - very outdated. The real issue in EMEA is leadership - too many managers in the UK business all hired from the same gene pool.... people development is a work in progress.

7 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

People, Products and Culture Excellent

Oct 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kronos is enhancing its products at a fast pace now, with a significant spend on R&D, facilitated by hundreds of first class developers. It will be an exciting time to see the results of all this investment. The culture seems top of mind for leadership with increased focus on manager training, employee engagement, environment and facilities. The investment in the brand new EMEA HQ offices was long overdue but we now have a really great office which means we're much more collaborative across all departments. Salary competitive.

Cons

We see much focus in the HQ offices in Chelmsford MA on employee events and engagement. More of that in international, particularly in UK would be great. Company picnics, charity events, sports competitions - let's have some of that hurrah activity outside of North America!

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic - Kronites are their biggest asset!

May 11, 2015 - Account Manager in Wokingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've never worked for a company who value their employees so much. My colleagues and peers cannot do enough to ensure that I succeed in my role - nothing is too much to ask. From the get-go training is fantastic (I am based out of the UK and traveled to HQ in Boston) and regular training takes place, all over the world. Incentives for working hard (I am in Sales) are fruitful, generous and extremely achievable. I now understand why the majority of employees here have been with Kronos for 10, 20 and even 30+ years! Management team here in the UK is fantastic, I don't feel micromanaged and feel like I am learning so much, even in my first 3 months. As part of the field sales team, my work/home life balance is great with the option to work from home if not local to the UK HQ. I've been made to feel at home in Kronos and cant wait to see where my career here takes me.

Cons

I honestly am yet to see a Con of working for Kronos. If I HAD to try and pick something, it would be that our team in the UK don't get to see the worldwide teams enough... but I guess that is what video conferencing is for!

UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Response

Director, Talent Management

As a new hire, it is wonderful to hear you have had a great experience. As a global company we are always working toward more and better communication across our offices. If you have ideas about how we can improve here, we'd love to hear it!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Be on guard for more changes

Jan 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The merge tried their best to combine the cultures and take the best of both companies to be one. For the most part, benefits did not change. I personally stick around due to 100% company paid premiums for the family. Pre-Covid, already had work from home flexibility.

Cons

Consider this fact: the #2 Fortune 100 best companies to work for in 2020 (ultimate software) is got absorbed into the #52 company on the same list/year (Kronos) with the Kronos’ CEO taking over and many Ultimate executives gone. If you were part of ultimate prior to the merge and had nothing but wonderful things to say, you might have some obvious reservations. Yeah they took the best of both companies benefits wise, but it’s very obvious that kronos’ side got the better end of the stick compared to folks that were ultimate pre-merge. When the merge happened, everyone got unlimited PTO, sounds like a great deal right? If you were in CA, your accrued PTO got screwed over when you found out 2 weeks before the year ended you wouldn’t get paid out before UPTO begins, meaning there was no way to use it or lose it all.

11 people found this review helpful