US Office of the Solicitor General Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

US Office of the Solicitor General Reviews

Updated 18 Nov 2018

2.8
US Office of the Solicitor General Deputy Solicitor General Daryl Joseffer (no image)
Daryl Joseffer
  1. "2 years as state solicitor"

I have been working at US Office of the Solicitor General

Pros

Good training opportunities and work-life balance

Cons

Low compensation, no comprehensive health plan

US Office of the Solicitor General2018-11-18
  2. "Secretary"

Former Employee - Secretary in Glendale, AZ

I worked at US Office of the Solicitor General full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The salary and the benefits, I would say security but since our former President closed the government for several weeks and our current President is slashing budgets leaving our federal offices without much-needed support, nothing is secure anymore, especially the federal government.

Cons

The only way I would recommend working for this agency is if you have personal knowledge of who your manager is and you are 100% certain you can work for this individual otherwise, 90% of the time you are most likely not going to like your manager, therefore you will not like your job. Managment is sketchy at best and most of the managers I've known are only concerned with themselves and their GS level (not yours) and the majority of them could care less about fair/equality.

Advice to Management

Stop with the nepotism/favoritism, start caring about your people and support them. That's how you get loyalty from your employees. You must support your people not run and hide from problems.

US Office of the Solicitor General2017-08-14
  3. "Great opportunity for trial experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Solicitor in Columbia, SC

I worked at US Office of the Solicitor General full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diverse caseload, opportunity for daily court appearances, including trial and plea court.

Cons

Overwhelming caseload/docket size, relations with local public defenders and defense attorneys, management is elected position.

Advice to Management

Direction is important, but micromanagement only inhibits what can be a creative and productive process.

US Office of the Solicitor General2014-03-10