Uber Employee Reviews about "riders"

Updated 8 May 2020

3.8
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
Dara Khosrowshahi
2,692 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work environment and employee satisfaction(in 278 reviews)

• "Flexible hours letting me spend time with my family in the afternoon(in 269 reviews)

Cons
  • "Riders are NEVER outside and ready to go(in 399 reviews)

• "Not going to get wealthy; long hours for decent daily pay; wear and tear on vehicle(in 359 reviews)

Reviews about "riders"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Uber Eats rider vs Deliveroo."

4.0
    Current Freelancer - Uber Eats Rider in Romford, England

I have been working at Uber for less than a year

Pros

After working for Deliveroo for a year I don’t know why I didn’t switch to Uber Eats sooner. There are many positives working with Uber Eats they pay above £4 a drop compared to Deliveroo’s £3.75 a drop. Distances as a cyclist are never more than 10 mins away from restaurants even as short as 5 mins, minimal waiting times in restaurants. Uber pay weekly and I can earn anything up to £350 a week for doing half a days work, you can log in when you want and log out when you want unlike Deliveroo if you don’t move for a few mins if you needed to take a small break between orders you would get penalised Deliveroo treats you like a slave Uber care about their riders and encourage you to ride for no more than 10 hours a day. I can start at 7am and be home by midday and even have a day off at the weekend without worrying about having it affect my statistics as Deliveroo want you to work 24/7 for them and in order to get decent hours each week you needed to work all the hours to get priority 11am bookings. I would highly recommend working for Uber Eats it’s easy money and very professional. They give you real correspondence to any issue you are having by giving you proper email responses. Uber Eats wins Deliveroo fails.

Cons

Only negatives are McDonald’s ridiculous plastic cup system where they secure drinks and coffees in paper bags and it is almost impossible to get them to the customer intact! I have found that I have needed to request a paper bag with a handle on it in order to keep the drinks intact for the duration of the trips. Also in Romford there is a overflow of riders and sometimes you can be sat around 1-2 hours without an order.

Uber2018-06-03

"Don't forget to check into lunch!!"

Current Employee - Greenlight Hub Expert in London, England

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice MacBook until they take it off you and replace it with a Dell that doesn't work. £10 a day for lunch, until they take that off you #findthemoney Cool office.

Cons

Management don't give a crap about greenlight. Over the years they've slowly kicked greenlight out of the big picture. Making staff easily replaceable. Running offices on the bare minimum. Even when there's a protest. No security. No care for experts. London is the only thing that matters in the UK. Slowly taking all the perks away because Ubers gotta make some money somewhere. Maybe stop giving incentives to drivers and actually care for your own staff? Experts are constantly doing other people's work. Lowest paid role in the company but you're doing the most work. Doesn't make any sense to me? Every expert has to clock in and clock out of every single activity throughout the day. Even on lunch! It's disgusting that managers want this all recorded. Picking people out when they're not "pushing their weight". Getting spoken to like crap when you clock in 2 minutes late. London license is the only thing anyone cares about anymore. Stop trying to #findthemoney and invest in your staff. People who have been there since year 1. Launching products and earning the big bosses millions. What did we get in return? A stock option that's fallen through the floor. People in Aldgate tower know nothing about private hire. They literally sit in their glass tower telling experts what to do. What calling campaign to work on. What hub to cover because they don't have enough staff because they've all left! Banning hubs from hiring new staff so you've got 2/3 members of staff looking after thousands of drivers per city. IT'S NOT SAFE. You stand up to safety when it comes to riders but couldn't give a damn about your staff safety. They'd rather spend £22,000 on a self check outs for all the offices than to give staff a proper bonus. Replacing greenlight staff with a computer hooked up to cheap labourers in the Philippines is not the way to do this. You've got support staff that haven't got a clue about UK laws or private hire laws. Drivers were treated better than the support staff. Making support staff wait over half a year for a bonus that was nothing compared to the drivers bonus is a real kick in the teeth. Drivers got their bonus instantly. You wouldn't be pulling in millions a week if it wasn't for these experts that joined all these drivers up. With calling campaigns, bringing them through the driver funnel getting them licensed and onboarding them. We are the face of company. We are why Uber is taking in millions. Not because of the keyboard monkeys in the head office. Do not work for Uber. You're better off driving for Uber. You're treated better as a driver.

Uber2020-01-28
  3. "Hard work, inconsistent pay"

Former Freelancer - Uber Eats Rider in York, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Uber for more than 3 years

Pros

Good exercise - keeps you fit. Possible to earn over £100 a day, especially in winter

Cons

Too many riders, quiet days can mean barely scraping £5/hour - well under minimum wage, but as far as Uber are concerned you're self employed so that's your problem

Uber2019-10-24
  4. "Uber eats drivers/roders, Modern day slaves"

Former Employee - Uber Driver in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Uber part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can choose when to work You get paid on time every week

Cons

You get paid £2.50 per hour in some areas in London as you get one job. So many riders/drivers that leads to a less jobs for all drivers Uber doesn’t tell you how much they are going to pay you per drop until you finish the job Stuart and Deliveroo at least they tell you how much they gonna pay you before you accept the job!

Uber2019-07-15
  5. "blind decision"

Current Freelancer - Driver in London, England

I have been working at Uber for more than 3 years

Pros

good money but biased company

Cons

1} Uber just listen to riders whatever lies and fakeness that tell.. 2)uber does not want their driver to invlove the police even if rider try to threaten driver. 3) uber can kickoff any innocent driver just by listening fake stories of the rider. especially woman making false statements without any fact. 4)Uber is totally Biased ..

Uber2019-06-17

"THE WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR.....LITERALLY MODERN-DAY SLAVERY!!!"

Current Freelancer - Driver in London, England

I have been working at Uber for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility is the only thing I can think of. You get to meet some interesting people.

Cons

You earn below minimum wage. You will spend at 12 hours on the roads to make any form of decent money. The company does not care about you in any way. The riders will treat you like you like an empty vessel without a brain because of the reputation of the job as very low paid so why would any one do it. No bonuses or promotions because of the lack of competition. You can get blocked off the app without any warnings. Loads of drunk people especially at nights potentially might vomit in your car. Its literally the worst job you can have.